UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. I am about to upgrade my UTG mp5 and have read about people "drilling" their piston heads. How would I go about doing this? Just drill straight throught it where the err...nipples are? Im currently reading this thread and have yet to find an answer, so I figured I might as well post and ask. BTW I am on page 41, so don't say I havent tried to find the answer. Thanks very much! I'll be sure to +1 static and anyone who helps me. Thanks! I love you static!

I am currently reading this thread so don't get mad at me, but i would like to know how far (in feet) the gun will shoot with a m100 and a tightbore?

I am currently shooting around 120 feet, w/o tightbore with m100 spring, though by the time it gets that far they're going slow enough to dodge anyway unless you use black BBs :-\

Well, you're not giving us much information to go on there. Do the bb's feed into the gun? Can you be more specific about the sound? What happens when you look into the feed tube (where the mag goes), when you are shooting on semi auto? Auto?

i have a stock spring nd when i look into the feed tube nothing happens at all the bbs dont feed beacuse i think the piston head or the peice that u see in the feed tube is stuck there nd doesent move so the bbs cant feed nd it does it in semi nd fully auto nothing happens at all just like a loud screching sound

Version 5.0

Hi all,

I just ordered an UTG mp5 from AirsoftGI where it was listed as a version 5.

I wrote to them about it and received this response:

"We just receive the latest UTG Mp5s from Leapers. They claimed that they improved a few more things in it to make it a bit better than the previous one. That is why we called it a version 5."

Does anyone know what these improvements are, if any? To me it appears to be more of a marketing ploy than an actual new version.

Also, I want to thank Static and all the other users who have put this thread together. Your dedication to helping others is inspiring. I am certainly not regretting my decision to join this forum (my first ever).

i have a stock spring nd when i look into the feed tube nothing happens at all the bbs dont feed beacuse i think the piston head or the peice that u see in the feed tube is stuck there nd doesent move so the bbs cant feed nd it does it in semi nd fully auto nothing happens at all just like a loud screching sound

Hey, I tried to reply to you earlier, but my 18month old son decided that he wanted to turn off the computer as I pressed "add reply".

Anyway, sounds like the motor is not engaging the bevel gear. I would suggest pulling out the allen wrench that came with your mp5 and adjusting the motor adjustment screw at the bottom of the grip. Turn it in small quarter / one-eighth turns and then fire a shot or two and see if you see the nozzle moving in the feed tube. First try turning the screw clockwise, if that does not work after you've made a few full rotations, then go back the other way.

i have a quck question. i put in some new parts. a systema pisont and piston head a systema spring (higher than allowed on this forum but normal for US fields) and a tm bevel gear. and i put in a tm eg1000 with an new pinion gear cuz i effed up my old one, and i have a 9.6v battery. and i changed all the wireing. and i ahve a systema spring guide with a ball bering on it. but any ways so i put it all back together and i have this old motor that i locked in place so i can test my gearbox b4 put it in and it workd (just hand crank it untill it fires a round to make sure every thing is in check). and when i put my gun all back together and hooked up my batter it doesnt want to shoot so i adjusted the little motor height screw thingy and i got it to fire twice (not in a row how it should but like one and then the motor tired to spin a little and then it fired again) but it seemed to have a hard time shooting and now it doenst shoot at all. my batterys are fully charged. the only thing i can think of is that either my motor some how went bad (i dont think it did) or theres to much friction in the gearbox but i lubed every thing really good and every thing supn freely.

i have a quck question.  i put in some new parts. a systema pisont and piston head a systema spring (higher than allowed on this forum but normal for US fields) and a tm bevel gear. and i put in a tm eg1000 with an new pinion gear cuz i effed up my old one, and i have a 9.6v battery.  and i changed all the wireing. and i ahve a systema spring guide with a ball bering on it.  but any ways so i put it all back together and i have this old motor that i locked in place so i can test my gearbox b4 put it in and it workd (just hand crank it untill it fires a round to make sure every thing is in check).  and when i put my gun all back together and hooked up my batter it doesnt want to shoot so i adjusted the little motor height screw thingy and i got it to fire twice (not in a row how it should but like one and then the motor tired to spin a little and then it fired again) but it seemed to have a hard time shooting and now it doenst shoot at all.  my batterys are fully charged. the only thing i can think of is that either my motor some how went bad (i dont think it did) or theres to much friction in the gearbox but i lubed every thing really good and every thing supn freely.

Hmm test your motor first by taking it out of the lower receiver while it is intact with both black and red wires and hold down the trigger. If the motor spins smoothly then it has to be something in the gearbox or somethings wrong with the wiring.

A common problem with the UTG is that the sector gear tends to hit the cylinder. Just open up your gearbox again, it doesn't take too long. btw what did you do for the wiring?

i have a quck question.  i put in some new parts. a systema pisont and piston head a systema spring (higher than allowed on this forum but normal for US fields) and a tm bevel gear. and i put in a tm eg1000 with an new pinion gear cuz i effed up my old one, and i have a 9.6v battery.  and i changed all the wireing. and i ahve a systema spring guide with a ball bering on it.  but any ways so i put it all back together and i have this old motor that i locked in place so i can test my gearbox b4 put it in and it workd (just hand crank it untill it fires a round to make sure every thing is in check).  and when i put my gun all back together and hooked up my batter it doesnt want to shoot so i adjusted the little motor height screw thingy and i got it to fire twice (not in a row how it should but like one and then the motor tired to spin a little and then it fired again) but it seemed to have a hard time shooting and now it doenst shoot at all.  my batterys are fully charged. the only thing i can think of is that either my motor some how went bad (i dont think it did) or theres to much friction in the gearbox but i lubed every thing really good and every thing supn freely.

The UTG AK-47s also have the EG1000, and from my own experience and from other forums, it sounds like they don't like the 9.6V batteries. You may do better sticking with the EG700 that came with the gun. I put the 9.6v batt I bought for the AK into my MP-5 and it really rips.

well i think the gearbox is alright because i could hand crank it with my old motor to shoot once. the motor should b alright in my opinion cuz i used b4 with the same spring the last up grade i made was just the bevel gear and piston / piston head all the other upgrades were done prior to the piston nd such. but i guess all i can think of is the motor cuz im almsot 100 percent srue the gearbox is good. like i said b4 i know the gears can spin all the way around and yes the motor spins so i know its getting power but maybe my motor just went bad.

• 2 weeks later...

yes i got the gun about 2-3 montths ago (V3) and it worked well but i would hav to state the low quality selector plate, an the wiring isnt too good, and i would deifnately recommend replacing the spring guide as it is think, and its nylon. after about 1 month of playing about 2ice a week my spring guide broke, but now im hap w/ my tm :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to gearboxes (never opened one up) but I really want to replace the o-ring because the one in mine it totaled, (got the gun used) it shoots about 230fps and goes about 60 feet and I know that is not right. I know it is a cheaper gun and all but I see the potential of it beeing such a great gun and all and so I don't want to mess it up. Would you reccomend that I open the gearbox of not? Also, to put in a m100, would I HAVE to re-wire it? I would SUCK and prolly never get the gearbox back together if I took all those parts out so I want to avoid that as much as possible. I may do it eventually however but for now I just want to know if I should even open the box up?

Edit: ok, I can see that the o-ring in here is beyond help lol, I blew in the hole in the cylinder and put my hand in front of the nozzle (bout 2 inches away) and I felt air coming out from around the nozzle, I NEED to replace it....

Thanks much

Rattler

Archived