British Desert Loadout

Maz

What do you guys think of my setup? and where i can find some Pouchs, Gloves, Elbow and Knee pads to match this set up? and had i missed anything out of this kind of setup?

Desert DPM Trousers

Desert DPM Field Shirt

Desert DPM Boonie

Web Tex desert Vest

Web Tex desert boots

Regards

Maz

Thank guys, still cant find any desert Pouchs and pads, does the US army desert color like the British one? or will i look silly using British Woodland pouchs with the rest of the gears in Desert color? any British army expert here can help?

Ive only ever had bad experiences with webtex, but others have got decent kit form them. I would advise you to get original issue kit if the moneys there though mate.

My best mate is in the British army and he is in iraq now (back at the end of november thank god) any way he said the suff that they issue is a load of ###### and that he preffers to buy webtex stuff and use that.... now i dont know how its held up while he has been over there (ill have to have a chat with him when he gets back) but if he's got it and using it in harsh conditions constantly, then webtex cant be that bad.

Cheers.

It depends i suppose. I had a PLCE daysack yoke from them which didnt exactly stand up to harsh conditions. As we patrolled out of camp one of the straps just fell off. So im not all that happy with it.

Some of the british kit is utter rubbish. But it depends what money you have and what you can obtain.

I tried web-tex fine for a few months fell to bits, Stitching and material low quality.

Switched to issue everything, nothing wrong for the last 2 years. Still going fine no problems. Much tougher, higher quality. Same with all my mates no one uses web tex out of my mates becasue between 6 of us we had over £500 of stuff fall apart in 5 months.

Cheers

Pariah :sheep:

Archived