The Millitary jokes

slip_stream11

I've had a revalation.

Everytime someone post a joke mocking America, they flamed. By people who like to tell French jokes. Thing is, there loads more Americans here than French people. Indeed, I can only think of one Frenchy.

When mocking America on here, theres a chance for a witty and razor sharp comeback. Not that I'm expect much in the way of that. ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's the problem: if the Sceptics shot us down in flames with a dazzling show of wit and verbal dexterity, we'd all start making jokes about the French, or some other nation that doesn't have English as a first language, so probably wouldn't flame us very well. But instead, they (the Yanks) just get all huffy. And that's kinda funny, so we keep doing it.

:zorro:

Come on, you insult everyone else properly, give em what they got comin! :P

France: cheese eating, wine addicted, government worshipping, surrender monkeys :lol:

Just a suggestion of course...

(all in good fun ladies, don't have a baby!)

You missed "garlic-munching".

:P

and your not even english either... you have NO REASON to hate the french, none at all, sure the english members will make jokes about the french but thats because the english and the french have always taken the ###### out of each other its part of the national culture however america would NOT EVEN EXIST without france it would still be an english colony and you would probably no be here so keep your opinions to yourself

I have no reason eh? Well I'll make this short, I'll start at Vietnam, we went in there not only to stop the "dominoe effect" (fear of comunisim spreading if asian contrys converted), but also to help our long lived allies, the Freanch. Before a good number of our troops even got there the french retreated backing out of the contry.

And just so you all remember, France also would'nt be there if it wern't for us either. Remember WW2, ohhhhh, yeeeaaahhhhh. Exactly, so please stop getting on me about it, its my opinion not yours, if you dont like it, just take it, dont neg rep me cause you dont agree, thats just plain stupid. :mellow:

Come on, you insult everyone else properly, give em what they got comin! :P

France: cheese eating, wine addicted, government worshipping, surrender monkeys :lol:

Just a suggestion of course...

(all in good fun ladies, don't have a baby!)

Wait wait wait wait WAIT, you whined to me about me not likeing the freanch, yet look at that. :waggle:

Way to go dumbass.

And regarding opinions, you're entitled to yours. We're entitled to take the ###### out of it, and generally rip it to shreds.

Just remind me where coming in WW2 2 years after the rest of the Allies allows you to make ###### jokes?

And yes you're entitled to your opinion. We're entitled to take the ###### out of it, and generally mock. :)

Wait wait wait wait WAIT, you whined to me about me not likeing the freanch, yet look at that.  :waggle:

Clearly those two smilies went in one ear and straight out the other. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because you haven't been around too long and say that around here, when one is being sarcastic one should include smilies. I did that and you didn't pick up on it, and I'm so nice I won't even include a joke about Americans and sarcasm. :D

And please don't double post again, you can edit... See?

I have no reason eh? Well I'll make this short, I'll start at Vietnam, we went in there not only to stop the "dominoe effect" (fear of comunisim spreading if asian contrys converted), but also to help our long lived allies, the Freanch. Before a good number of our troops even got there the french retreated backing out of the contry.

And just so you all remember, France also would'nt be there if it wern't for us either. Remember WW2, ohhhhh, yeeeaaahhhhh. Exactly, so please stop getting on me about it, its my opinion not yours, if you dont like it, just take it, dont neg rep me cause you dont agree, thats just plain stupid. :mellow:

call of ktulu i am at this very moment studying vietnam in my final year of high school so i know what your talking about well ennough to see your talking out of your *albartroth*. the french had no choise but to reatreat from vietnam its not like it was some *fruitcage* tea party you moron! they were wipred out the Viet Minh cleaned the floor with them.

ever heard of a little battle called dien bien phu? you should look it up sometime it may enlighten you because as with the americans when they entered vietnam the french were outmanouvered and out played by an incredibly intelligent enemy who encircled and biseiged them in their own fortress.

This lead to the death of 8000 french servicemen in combat and then capture of another 7000 of whom only half survived the brutal march to hanoi and imprisonment. This after a 56 day siege, characterised by constant bombardment from the enemy who were using 200 captured american howitzers from the Korean war given to the Viet Minh by the chinese. and somehow though the this hell hole the french were fighting in they managed to inflict 20,000 casualties on the enemy, does this soundlike the action of a cowardly nation? of cowardly soldiers who wave white flags at everyone? no it *fruitcage* well does not! so please if your going to insult the men and women who died fighting for their country

any country

dont do it infront of me

Not to mention the fact that at home the french people were AGAINST the war and people in armaments factories were sabotaging weapons and equipment before it got sent out to the soldiers. And the Americans didn't do too well in Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, et al now did they?

yes and that in the first indochina war the french used conventional tactics and were wiped out and in the second indochina war the americans failed to learn from previous mistakes. Thus both failed in a counter insurgency war.

but that is besides the point because you call of ktulu should not be talking *beep* about things your obviously quite ignorent about

agree with that : look at "we were soldier", good movie (beside the "american" sight of french Foreign Legion), and you'll see that with a clever general, studying History (he reads alot about french war in the movie), and well trained and equiped and professionnal and volunteer troups, you can do miracles, even against home fighting great soldiers as VietNamese regular Army. Note that when the movie takes place, the US opinion didn't care very much about that war.

Now, french Army was composed of non-volonteers, badly trained and equiped, with pro-communists syndicates and part of government acting against french interests and military activities (inteligence and sabotaging), not to mention the fact that US government, allied to the french, where secretly supporting the "white" part of Vietnamese revolution, the "royalist" that ended as the South VietNam government, by carrying financial and political support to them (sound like Afganistan in the 80's, no?). All or part of those facts can be applied to WWII invasion of France, and Algerian War.

Now, listen to History : today's US soldiers are not motivated enough, and the recruitment is poor quality (I have read that, and that can be applied to French or English or whatever modern army today, I guess).

The entire world minus some big nations are against it, or at least, the way the US Army makes it (emptying the clips at the first doubt is the best way to make -deadly- mistakes, and to have bad media reports, and to have public opinion against military action - Viet Nam, Algeria, and OIF tested)

Dear god, let it go. I know my veitnam history. I've been obsessed with the military since i was four, I started to actually study it at about 8. At nine, i decided The Veitnam war was the one i was most intressed in. Just stop, stop arguing. This thread itself should have been closed like a year ago. That was sarcasim btw.

Archived