Regionally-specific digital camouflage

Maple-Leaf

HYPERSTEALTH truly do lead the way in developing advanced digital camouflage designs (in my humble opinion)! And no - this is not a paid advertorial. :D

Its well worth having a look at their site (link above) and checking out these SpecAm patterns: the goal was to develop a pattern (based on fractal geometry) that would break up the human silhouette and blend in with the ambient shapes and patterns of multiple regions - but with regionally-specific/terrain-specific colour combinations. Satellite Determined - Regional Specific SpecAm™ Camouflage

Sounds like a much more realistic proposition than the US Army's attempt at a one-pattern-one-colour-fits-all approach doesn't it?

At this point in time, I don't know which patterns they are actually going to release to the civilian market - or when these will be available to order from them (or anybody else) - but they certainly look like something to keep an eye out for. :wide-eyed:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have a proper read of this later, but I'd be rather upset if they didn't release this to the civvie market. It'd certainly be different, that's for sure.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that there seems a little too much theory on the part of Hyperstealth. As they say on wannabe, this thread is useless without pics! We waited long enough to see pics of some nerk hiding at the end of his garden in Multicam, didn't we? :P

The only thing I'm not sure about is that there seems a little too much theory on the part of Hyperstealth.

To be fair - they are still in start-up mode with this product line at the moment. But, they do seem to be moving quickly with it. As you'll see when you get time to read more - they have prototypes of the Desert Viper and the Tropical uniforms already, and Woodland is due to be announced later this month.

They've also already equipped the entire armed and police forces of Jordan, and are in-development with a few other undisclosed countries too. So, I'm confident that they'll deliver.

As HyperStealth gears up (no pun intended) to release their SpecAm Camouflage Alpha Series to the civilian market, more information has been authorized for release about this unique pattern and development program.

What's with these 'hopes' that they will release when they clearly state that they will in fact release it in the first sentence?

That's right.

Here's my wish list:

* Tropical pattern for summer operations in the thick green woodlands of the UK (would work well in any heavily-foliaged, well-watered forest/woodland)

* Woodland pattern for late summer/early fall operations

* Mountain pattern for late fall/mild winter operations

* Urban Dark or Urban Grey for operations in urbanised terrain

To be fair - they are still in start-up mode with this product line at the moment.  But, they do seem to be moving quickly with it.  As you'll see when you get time to read more - they have prototypes of the Desert Viper and the Tropical uniforms already, and Woodland is due to be announced later this month.

They've also already equipped the entire armed and police forces of Jordan, and are in-development with a few other undisclosed countries too.  So, I'm confident that they'll deliver.

Are you sure you don't work for them? ;)

J/K :P

* Urban Dark or Urban Grey for operations in urbanised terrain

Is it narcissistic to quote your own posts? :huh:

Anyways, I've found out from Hyperstealth that the Urban Dark pattern hasn't been approved for civilian sales - unfortunately.

But I just had an idea...

I was looking at a bunch of photos from Lightfighter Urban and noticed how the traditional Urban patterns of various shades of grey still stand out quite a bit in a grubby urban environment. Which is why Hyperstealth's Urban Dark appealed to me. So, I thought how about getting a good digital Urban pattern uniform and then running it through a light brown wash-in dye to tone it down, grubby it up and come up with something that looks similar to the Hyperstealth pattern?

Uniform of choice for this experiment; Seals Action Gear Urban Stalker outfit:

SE1006SS.jpg

i was sceptical about marpat-adaptive (we've started calling it marcrap) after seeing it in denbigh. the pattern just amalgamated at range and we could see the lighter brown pretty easily.

however, actually applying the digi-cam concept (calling it fractal now?) where a pattern that we know will confuse the eye is being used with a more specific color scheme...

i'm interested in this. allthough i'm terminally attached to my temperate DPM i'd be interested to see some of this gear in action.

doc, wouldn't you think theory is a good starting point for new camo?

if we had no theory, we'd be running around in bright red jackets with white crossbelts, though worthy of debate. is there such thing as too much theory?

(edited my ###### spelling, apologies for you having to put up with it)

hey, its DPM again, mystical.

Read the announcement - it was developed for a South-East Asian country who wanted a more advanced pattern than DPM - but which used similar colours. If you think these two are the same thing, then have another look. Or get a new prescription. :D

SpeCam-HCD-Woodland-Cap-DPM.jpg

Archived