HYPERSTEALTH camo

Maple-Leaf

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I really like the look of their SpecAm Temperate Range, does anyone know when they are going to come out?

Don't know - they've told me that Woodland (not the HCD Woodland on pre-order) is the next one, and that it will be out in a few weeks (Christmas pressies?). Temperate and Mountain will come in the early part of next year I think.

My SpecAm evaluation samples arrived yesterday - Hooray!!

Wow, I am impressed. This camo is even more amazing up close and personal - the photos on the Hyperstealth website don't do it justice! I was a bit skeptical about the fabric at first, but its actually vey nice - and soft like a pair of pajamas! Its a bit thin for anything other than summer use in these climes - but then that's why you wear layers. :P

The HCD Woodland's lightest colour isn't as white as it appears on the web - more of a beige which is much better for northern woodlands. Can't wait to see the regular Woodland coming soon.

The Tropical should be awesome for some of the UK sites at the height of spring/summer when the bracken is thick...

The Desert Viper pattern is very impressive - I just wish I could go test in in somewhere like Arizone or New Mexico - I bet it would be brilliant.

The one that really blows me away though is the Urban pattern. Its unlike any other Urban pattern I've ever seen. The colours look a bit odd at first, up close, but they begin to make perfect sense as soon as you stand back a bit from the uniform. It really does start to dissolve into a shapeless lump and all the colours "fuzz out" and give the uniform the appearance of depth and texture that you know aren't really there but you think they are anyways. I can easily imagine lurking in the shadows or the rubble of a ruined building and being damn near invisible.

My only (constructive) criticisms are with the uniform design - which is a virtual copy of the U.S. Army's new ACU style. I don't like the BDU-style waist adjustment tabs - find them uncomfortable and not secure enough. I also found the pockets hard to open becuase of the amount of velcro used to secure them shut. The chest pockets are too small for anything practical. I'd also think that it would be more practical to put the pens pocket on the upper left sleeve, rather than down on the fore-arm.

The U.S. Army has faced similar criticisms from troops in the field who have begun to wear the ACU in anger. I don't know what the Army plans to do about it, but I do know that Hyperstealth are tweaking the uniform design - maybe it will come out more like the USMC style utility uniform.

On the plus side: The shirt collar is great! The elbow and knee patches that you can slip padding in to are very welcome. And the velcro adjusting sleeve cuffs are much better than buttons.

All in all - I absolutely love the camo and I can't believe how comfortable the material is. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final products - particularly the Woodland pattern.

FYI.

"Limited preproduction SpecAm evaluation (Combat Ready) uniforms in Medium Long (large adjustable waist size) immediately available to ship in Desert Viper, Desert Jackal, HCD (High Contrast Disruption) Woodland and UT (Urbanized Terrian). Contact us for price and availability at info@hyperstealth.com"

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't yet had a chance (or good light) to get out into the woods for a proper photo shoot, but here's a couple of quick test shots outdoors this afternoon at least.

One photo shows a range of SpecAm patterns laid out side-by-side for comparison, the other shows an "HCD Woodland" shirt placed between some shrubbery in such a way as to simulate a prone or crouching person, the other one shows both an "HCD Woodland" and a "Tropical" shirt side-by-side between the shrubs.

gallery_5157_230_37682.jpg

gallery_5157_230_17678.jpg

gallery_5157_230_11808.jpg

Here's some closer-ups of the individual SpecAm shirts.

High Contrast Definition (HCD) Woodland - note: the dark colour isn't black, its dark forest green

gallery_5157_230_112713.jpg

Tropical

gallery_5157_230_3392.jpg

Urbanized Terrain

gallery_5157_230_112145.jpg

Desert Viper

gallery_5157_230_141220.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Standard Woodland, Urban Dark and Mountain patterns.

ohhh nice, the HCD looks like a Flecktarn coat but with CADPAT colours :P. Once again JKT, you show the DPM/US mass different options :).

Look forward to seeing a HCD loadout at finmere (or some other location where the holy JKT would not be offended by the paintballers).

Xeres

Archived