HYPERSTEALTH camo

Maple-Leaf

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well lads, I've just been out on a quick walk, I snapped a couple of pictures, almost sat on a dead deer, and will have a quick 'first impressions' review up for you all soon.

I'm calling it a first impressions review, as the SpecAm Tropical was not built for the British woodland areas, so it's not basing the review on whether the camoflauge scheme actually works so much (although it did, in some areas, which I was quite pleased about).

I will address all of the difficulties and good points which I ran into on this walk, and will be hopefully fielding the SpecAm Tropical BDU at a Woodland and Urban skirmish soon.

Guy; just a quick note, I'm very happy with this BDU, thank you for giving me the chance to conduct a review on it. :)

//Edit: Also, I'll take some close up pictures of the key feautures and pockets that you would normally pay extra for on US Woodland, etc BDU's, but my SpecAm Tropicals are in the wash at the moment, so I should have this review up by tommorow or Saturday.

Sorry about and misinterpretations that would lead ANYBODY to think that I am arrogant, because if you knew me you would know that I am probably the least arrogant person by far.

Ah the perils of trans-atlantic English useage.... Okay, I'll grant you that one - but beg to differ with your opinion of HCD vs. MARPAT.

Now - don't get me wrong - I'm not going to say that I think HCD is better than MARPAT, but I do think that the SPEC4CE patterns have a very good chance of being better than MARPAT. :D

So you've seen HCD in person then? Otherwise that'd be pretty hypocritical.

I only shipped 3 evaluation sets of SpecAm HCD Woodland to non-military sources; JTK1 has one set. Only one went to the states http://www.mcaroy.com/Hyperstealth.htm and one went to Brad Turner in Australia http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00171.php

I am NOT saying that MARPAT is better than HCD or vice versa. I am only offering my opinion. You have to take into consideration that the MARPAT designs were designed for specific environments (Desert and Wooded) because that is where the majority of current/potential conflicts will occur. HCD was designed for similar environments, however Europe has some vegetation that the US didn't feel the need to design a pattern for. I.E. Europe has differnt trees and bushes. My liking MARPAT better is only a matter of opinion. And yes, I have seen a look-alike HCD and SpecAm standard pattern in person. They seem very effective and similar to MARPAT. I just like the MARPAT pattern better. That is just my opinion. Gosh, can't I be patriotic?

J Anderson

That is just my opinion. Gosh, can't I be patriotic?

:D Well that's okay. A lot of people over here wear DPM, not because its the best but because they're being patriotic too. So whatever.

Anyways, the point of this thread was to rise above patriotism-based opinions and look at these camo designs objectively. Not having a go at ya - just sayin'. ;)

That is cool. I am glad the the US Military decided to work with Canada. I just like the current pattern. I hope that you keep the current MARPAT pattern pretty much in tact when designing the GEN II digis, but if something works better than those that fine. I just have a fondness toward the GEN I MARPATS and think you guys did a good job on those.

I saw the pictures that JKT1 posted of the HCD's on/between those bushes and must say that they possibly are better than MARPATs. Extremely effective. I am just a fan of the MARPAT pattern. Plus they were first in US to have them, and I am a Marine at heart. So I gotta support my guys.

J Anderson

I am glad the the US Military decided to work with Canada...

J Anderson

Let's just say that this wasn't a decision the U.S. military made overnight (it is very rare for non-U.S. residents to work on something like this). Even one of the large defense contractors in the U.S. said it would be easier if I moved to the U.S. and changed my citizenship. They eventually found a way so I wouldn't have to move.

Sincerely,

Guy

Why is there talk about how ugly or not a particular pattern is?

Should it not be judged by

A: How it works

B: How the personnel look and 'wear' in it...

Which is another reason why they are called "Uniforms"... everyone (in a matching team/group/army/pillaging forces/insertyourchoicehere) looks the 'same' :)

Actually, after reviewing those pictures the JKT 1 posted earlier, I have decided that the HCD cami's are pretty sexy. They do their job really well. Those pics look like they are from about 20-30 feet away and you can barely see the cami's. Friggin awesome. I have completely changed my mind about HCD's. They are now sexy in my opinion, because they work really really well.

J Anderson

P.S. If the general doesn't like it, but it works, I think someone should tell him to shove it up his @$$.

You should order a set for yourself on your birthday, then order another set in your size for her birthday. When she opens them and they are the wrong size you can just say "well, I guess I will just have to have them, Oh well." I bet that would go over nicely.

Yeah, i was gonna ask a mod to remove the neg rep point I gave you too, but apparently he/she took the liberty and did it without request. Sorry if I ###### anybody off.

Guy-

Are you responsible for the new USN Digi's? Just curious. I am hopeing to get some of your Arid region Specam's...I am going to a riverin unit soon..and needless to say. I hoe the Navy doen't make us wear the blue ones in the field.

No, had nothing to do with the USN Digital Blue Grey camo - the Navy owns the MARPAT pattern rights so I believe it is just a color difference over MARPAT.

It sounds like the USN is working on a woodland and desert digital variants for land based Navy personnel but they are not doing that with our design team.

Unfortunately the Arid color for our patterns is not planned until the second production run late 2006.

No, had nothing to do with the USN Digital Blue Grey camo - the Navy owns the MARPAT pattern rights so I believe it is just a color difference over MARPAT.

It sounds like the USN is working on a woodland and desert digital variants for land based Navy personnel but they are not doing that with our design team.

Unfortunately the Arid color for our patterns is not planned until the second production run late 2006.

Man thats funny, I know there are some Jarheads fumeing right now about that..lol. Yeah I haerd that once, then nothing else said, Well I guess they will just issue MARPAT with no EGA stiched on then, either way that's better than the blue. Are there plans to release gear in Specam?

Archived