MTHEL

Arnie

That MTHEL must have uber-RADAR to initially find a target? or does it have all-aspect optical stuff? To track something that small and fast.. perhaps it only needs a few updates and then it can predict the projectiles trajectory completely? Then it can't be used for smart-tech..

Anyway, with 5 or so of those sites around me I'd feel safe. Unless I was on a trampoline.. :S *puts on tin foil trampoline suit*

World's top 5 defense budget 2005

In general terms defense budget is related to money. Estimates for the world's top five defense budgets are as follows: (in billions of US$ and the latest year for which accurate figures are available)

US - $429 billion

UK - $50 billion

Japan - $47 billion

France - $42 billion

Germany - $32 billion

Estimated budgets for Russia - $15 billion and China $27 billion

Figures derived from £ Sterling, Euros and Yen exchange rates in early 2005.

The defense budget of the UK has actually climbed since 2004 whereas the DoD budget has dropped.

US - $434 billion

UK - $47 billion

It is also worth noting that European members of NATO spent Approximately $185 billion, while the US spent some $434 billion. The total Euro-NATO out going is only 42% of the US expenditure that year.

Can you say, Kerching?!?!

--------------------

Now - even better is that you can guess how much each service personnel cost by the budget... It's a bit crude and not exactly going to give you the meaning of life here... but here it is :)

based on 2004 budget and figures

country - budget - personnel - cost per service personnel

US --- 434 billion - 1,433,600 - 302,734

UK --- 47 billion - 202,350 -- 232,270

Jap -- 45 billion -- 239,900 --- 187,578

Fra' -- 40 billion -- 259,050 --- 154,410

Ger' - 29 billion -- 284,500 --- 101,933

-----------------

2nd EDIT: at £5.99 you couldn't go wrong ;)

ISBN 1-84415-280-4

The British Army - A pocket guide 2006-2007

By Charles Heyman

yeah, I was a bit confused when I saw that title in ottakas. It's a hand-sized book mind. You'll have to put your reading glasses on to find it. :lol:

But it's nice! It's got history, guns, figures... and loads of words in it. Over 200 pages of pure information.

You'll like it! :lol:

It's got some Black Watch boys sitting on a tank on the back cover too.

Them space age pork pates and tactical wines.

The Officer's mess etc etc...

It's the same with the US really :P [no offence, this is just me grabbing tid bits of info and showing off my new spy goggles - zay duu effri ting!!! for $5... long time]

--------

Random items in US military audit 2000/2001

$45,000 on luxury cruises

$38,000 lap-dancing and other services at near-base strip clubs

$24,000 one sofa, and one armchair

$4,600 for white beach sand and $19,000 worth of decorative "river rock" at a military base in the Arabian desert

$16,000 for a corporate golf membership

$9,800 for Hallowe'en costumes [no excuse for looking crappy this weekend boys and girls]

$7,373 for closing costs on one home [i'm not even sure what that means :S ]

$3,400 for a Sumo wrestling suit

$1,800 for executive pillows

and they call ME spoilt

True, but look where mobile phones have gone after two decades

*imagines Nuclear Weapon caliber Desert Eagle*

Awwww

I was gonna post links to 2 different things from the BWS web page but it seems that the site owner has take it down.

Who could forget such marvels as the "HomeBoy Nyte Sights" for your glock?

They also "sold" a thing called a "shotcaller" which was a mobile phone with a single shot pistol built in and something called a "Nuke .50" which was a rather special round for your Barrett.

That site will be sorely missed whenever firearm related gags are required. :(

but that'll cost you more than £10... and I wouldn't want to mess about with anything other than springers or them mini AEGs.

I remember we had a mini AK and jim stretched the bloody spring... [i'm not sure if that done it any good, but it went from ow... to Ouch!] It still works today. That blasted thing is like... the oldest Marui gun we got :)

awww...

Old times - we were underage and shooting each other, whereas now...

Just like today really - haven't got anywhere :mellow:

Archived