Full Face Protection!

situpking

a grusome huge paintball mask looks silly, and glasses do the same job in terms of eye protection.. surely is the players job to decide whether they care about being shot in the face... if you cant take a little pain, dont play airsoft...

And while im not a Professional soldier, i am in the OTC (stuckup wanabees yes) and i know airsof is a game... but there no reason to have every square inch of skin covered... just play better and dont be hit is an idea...

Something tells me you're still not quite grasping this. Getting shot in the mouth means you can very easily lose a tooth. See the pic Ghost Rider posted earlier in the thread; I watched that happen. It was at long range with a stock TM aeg.

Getting shot by accident has nothing to do with how good a player you are. Your skill has no effect on where other players' shots are going, it's nothing to do with 'taking a little pain'. The point I made about soldiers and airsofters is to do with you being a geardo; yes you want to have the gear of a real steel unit, but you KNOW you're playing airsoft so why not just accept the fact that it's ok to wear a full face mask when it could save your eyes and teeth?

What if you do use full face but don't use a paintball mask? Are sansei masks for 'teh gheyz' as well? <_<

Edit: having said all this, I do realise that it's entirely up to you and 'wether you care about being shot in the face', as you said. I can't force you to wear full face, I was just curious as to your reasoning behind not wearing it.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok.. so, i think, to sum up.

1) its not right to legislate, but ok to strongly advise.

2) full face is recommended for cqb, but of less urgency in woodland.

3) goggles DO need total seal.

4) it is your choice what you wear, but also totally your own responsibility if you  get hurt as a result of your choice of face protection.

is that fair?

I reckon that's a pretty fair statement all round mate, yep :)

I really have to push against this idea wearing a mask isn't geardo.

How

many

more

pictures

do

you

want?

they are all real troops doing real training

(heck I’m working on that look for cqb minus blue barrel)

My view is goggles (sealed) are fine for closer quarters maybe with balaclava, shemagh and whatever else has been mentioned but I don't personally like the idea of going to one of the really close quarter sites without mask.

real troops doesnt count as geardo btw, they probably had to use those masks,

Of course real troops are not geardos. You are a geardo because you are imitating a real troop. Do you understand?

The point we are making is that wearing a full face mask does not, in fact, ruin your entire geardo look.

do masks leave room for me to wear prescription glasses under them? And do goggles/ shooting glasses? Im obviously new at this.

I've tried getting my glasses under my sansei mask, and it doesn't work. However, I've heard some people say that certain masks allow you to wear glasses. I'd recommend wearing contacts if at all possible.

They do have gasmasks but i would rather have a chipped tooth than wear it airsofting it is hot sweaty and the lenses do lose strenght after time.  Also makes breathing hard. 

Well, that's your choice. I'm not averse to you making that choice if you wish, what I wanted to know was your reasons for making said choice.

PariahWolf....

Righto saw one on ebay also spotted one at soldier of fortune cant direct link but its called "MK6 helmet NI issue" which will make finding it easier. Actually think it would make a nice, individual look :D

Sorry if I was a bit of a burk there but with these stories really don’t like the idea of risking something as important as your eye sight for a look. Glasses suited me fine in woodland over summer but I think i'm personally not going for anything but sealed goggles as a minimun from now on.

I've tried getting my glasses under my sansei mask, and it doesn't work. However, I've heard some people say that certain masks allow you to wear glasses. I'd recommend wearing contacts if at all possible. 

X2 on the contacts, but if you can't wear them, the new HFC mesh mask(stylishly modeled by Basho somewhere in this thread ;P ) and the perspex version of the same mask fit medium-large frames with no modification.

Archived