Vandalized

visionviper

Some idiot kids vandalized a blow up snowman in our front yard today. The *fruitcage* kids cut the arm off of it. We can't find the arm, but have posted notices around the neighborhood. I hope we find it, as the snowman was a gift from our family friends.

Has anyone else here has some kind of sick vandalism like this happen to them?

When i was 8, a bunch of 17 to 19 year olds got a hold of the BMX my dad scratchbuilt for me... and systematically destroyed it infront of me. Rammed it into walls, jumped it off ramps and leaped off it when it was in mid air and allowed it to hit the ground... stole the seat, tried to chuck it into the path of moving vehicles... snapped the brake cables off... all whilst I stood there, crying my eyes out.

I still have pretty bad memories about that. *fruitcage*ers.

When i was 8, a bunch of 17 to 19 year olds got a hold of the BMX my dad scratchbuilt for me... and systematically destroyed it infront of me. Rammed it into walls, jumped it off ramps and leaped off it when it was in mid air and allowed it to hit the ground... stole the seat, tried to chuck it into the path of moving vehicles... snapped the brake cables off... all whilst I stood there, crying my eyes out.

I still have pretty bad memories about that. *fruitcage*ers.

wow....thats pretty sick.......just hearing that story makes me wanna go out and punch the first person i see wearing a hoody. :angry:

I've seen kids in the neighbourhood vandalise things this past year.

I wish they could just find something better to do, or just get sent to vietnam or cambodia to clear mines or something.

The summer just past, some kids down the road managed to pour a bucket of weed killer chemical things down our front lawn, killing all of my mum's flowers. That kind of hurt...

I shouted out from my window - just telling them to ###### off... they did, but they were out there again 5 minutes later. This time they managed to splash the chemicals into a little girl's eyes. She went to A+E.

A few days after that, they were seen riding a tesco trolley holding their dad's sledge hammer, smashing pebbles and bird feed that I left out.

Why would he need a sledge hammer in the first place?

kids = cambodia

get it?

If they didn't have the limbs to begin with, they wouldn't cause trouble at all.

we've had christmas lights vandalized, and that's why we haven't been putting out any xmas lights for most of my childhood, all because of a few *fruitcage*ers who get a kick out of making other people ###### off... we almost had our garage spray painted a couple years ago but we caught the little *fruitcage*ers and they took off running.... straight into a fence and some of the more prickly vegetation that grows in my yard... ( :D )

The best deterrent in my book is to just get a reputation in the neighborhood for being a ruthless psychopath, and reinforce that... through various means... real steel, large blades, chainsaws... put some barbed wire in the snow... if they like going through your yard on ATVs... string up some piano wire... just coincidentally at head level... you get the idea... make your lawn the kind of place nobody wants to walk :)

and if you do catch them in the act, make a citizen's arrest... and make them "comfortable" before you call the police... restrain them with zipties... if they complain that they're too tight, punch them in the mouth and tighten them even more... (remember: they're not tight enough unless their hands are turning colors :) ) kick them in the genitals, ribs, stomach, or head.. extra points if you're wearing combat boots or steel toes... kneecaps are always a good thing to screw up too... ;)

We've been through all that.

Where I live borders some pretty unsavory areas, though my neighborhood is respectable and whitebread in and of itself. Do north or south a few blocks, though, and things start sliding downhill pretty quickly.

Nobody's messed with anyone's christmas decorations in my neighborhood lately (and I don't put any up myself), but on mischief night (that's October 30th - the day before Halloween, as I know not who of which cultures will be reading this) there's all kinds of trouble.

Kids routinely make the rounds with paintball guns, to such an extent that most of the big retailers around here stop selling paintballs and CO2 for about a week around the holiday. A few years ago we had some cars spraypainted, and plenty of mailboxes vandalized. Last year I caught some of the little paintball slinging punks hitting houses on my hill. They got about three houses down and quickly figured out that mine was shooting back, so they lit off and I haven't had to deal with them since.

The only thing that steams me up is the fact that their parents bought the paintball guns and ammo for them (you have to be 18 to buy, and everyone's real strict about it now) and are just letting them run amok with the equipment.

Last year I caught some of the little paintball slinging punks hitting houses on my hill. They got about three houses down and quickly figured out that mine was shooting back, so they lit off and I haven't had to deal with them since.

nice one dude, i trust you used Airsoft gear to show them who's boss :D

There was a spate of car badge thefts in my road a while ago. Managed to catch one of the bastards in the act holding a chisel. I finaly had a legitimate use for a flexi-cuff until the police arrived to take him away. :D

What actually is UK law on detaining people caught Red handed? i though that flexicuffs etc were a straight no-no, and locking them in a room was considered false inprisonment and would invovle both of you taking a trip to the cells. and property defenses? I've seen a s***load of barbed wire going cheap thought a few rolls of that woven into the hedge might do the job. wheres xRAZERx when you want him :)

It's fairly quiet around here at the moment it gets bad every three years or so then the ringleader move to the city etc and that group goes quiet then after a couple of year the next group down have grown up and are being pains. had all hell a couple of years ago garden furniture broken up stuff set fire too (as well as a bonfire so they kind of did us a favour :P ), and had a very heavy skateboard ramp it took 3 of use to lift it so they are capable of team work which i was surprised at (you'd think they'd enjoy a ramp) dragged 100 metres from the village hall and pushed though our very thick hedge best part was they had a pattern so I managed to get them all on film (special attention to faces) on a few occassions, god bless camoflague. Our community policeman came round and nicked a couple one time but they were back in a few hours.

Cheers

Mig

so when i run this country are we going for cambodia, somewhere in africa, or a mine warfare testing centre :D

wow....thats pretty sick.......just hearing that story makes me wanna go out and punch the first person i see wearing a hoody. :angry:

Now now, wearing a hoody doesn't make someone bad, most (if not all) mountainbikers i know wear hoodys, and looky, i've got a Fox Racing hoody on right now :)

I'll rephrase it for our British brethren... you don't necessarily have to call the police... you know that addon to your house you've always wanted to build... patios seem to work pretty nice from what I've heard ;)

After hearing these stories... I'm thinking that we should institute IQ tests whenever these individuals who have these demon children go to the hospital to have them delivered, fail the IQ test, the kid gets euthanized and the parents get sterilized... don't know who the father is? go to their neighborhood and sterilize everybody... just to keep things fair and make it look unprejudiced and PC... we don't want to discriminate...

Let the Iraqis shoot them... eventually they'll run out of ammo and the military can go in and take care of things

Tennis ball cannon? I take it you filled said tennis balls with lead shot?

Nicht.

Empty tennis balls at about 40 PSI from the combustion cannon. That'll throw them at about 300 FPS, I reckon - Plenty enough to get your attention if it hits you but not enough to do any serious damage. Well, not much, anyway.

If I take the air version up to it's maximum operating pressure of 100 PSI it'll delaminate the tennis ball on impact. That'd probably knock somebody completely silly if I hit them. Someday I'll find a chronograph big enough to clock a tennis ball and figure out just how fast the blighters are moving.

I guess I could extrapolate from distance. But then I'd have to calculate the coeficient of drag on a fuzzy tennis ball, and that'll be annoying.

The combustion cannon - VTR Discombobulator 3000, AKA "Venus"

The pneumatic cannon - VTR Defenestrator 3066, AKA "Serena"

I've since installed a longer barrel in Serena (as of about three days ago) and its power has increased by about double. I still have to update the page to reflect this, though.

Archived