UTG AK-47

Snoopy90

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to get one for sure. My UTG mp5 impressed the hell out of me and I still use even with my CA35K. I have always wanted an AK but I don't want to buy a TM. I have never really liked the sighting on AK's.

Supposedly AirsoftAtlanta.com is getting their first shipment in this week. I have played with the first version and second versions of this new gun. the 1st didn't acccept TM mags and the Faux wood furniture was just plain disrespectable. the 2nd on the other hand is much more superior. UTG is calling it the Night hawk or something lame like that.

I imagine it will be a much better gun than the Mp5.

I am going to wait for staticzero or similar review. It's 40% more expensive than the UTG MP5 with only 10fps more. If someone gets it and does a review, here is my review wishlist:

Accuracy tests:

Some pics of its hits on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper at 30 ft. 60ft, 100ft, etc - as far as you can still hit the paper with at least some shots.

Internals review:

How is the gearbox? The motor? The spring? The wiring? The hopup?

Successful upgrades:

Does the wiring fix from the UTG MP5 improve the UTG AK as well? What kind of spring can it drive stock? How about with new bushings? New wiring? What voltage battery can it handle and with what ROF?

Build quality / durability:

Does it creak? Is the weight nicely balanced? Any bits that come off? Any issues like the loose/scratchy selector switch on the V1 UTG MP5?

Skirmishability:

Does dirt get in the holes when the rail mount is detatched? Is the stock range enough to hold up in a woodland match? How about with the upgrades youve successfully or hypothetically installed?

Compariston to UTG MP5 on all counts.

I think this might be my first decent AEG, but I want to learn more about it and maybe wait for a V2 if it has any issues. The biggest factors for me are what cheap upgrades it can take, and accuracy. I love AK style sights and cant stand peep sights, so that limits my options - meaning I really really hope this thing lives up to expectations.

Two weeks ago I would have said "HELL YEAH!!!!!!!". But when I saw a picture of the gun I felt as if a large,burly man had raped my eyes. Literally, taking his penis and forceibly inserting it into my eye socket. This is a truly ugly gun.

Although if it performs well enough I suppose I could just paint the ugliness out of it( my inital reaction was to beat the ugliness but that would simply create very small, ugly pieces).

Changed? Two weeks ago was the first time I saw a picture of the actual gun, up till then I thought it would look like a normal AK.

TM-AEG-AK47.jpg

Then I saw a picture of the actual UTG.

Those of you with weak stomachs should avert your eyes and scroll past this.

utgak.jpg

This 'thing' it a travesty, a crime against airsoft guns everywhere.

Seeing that UTG has had 3 versions of the MP5, I'm pretty sure they used that gun as a test for the AK and its successors of which haven't been released, and we all know they will eventually release a whole lot more guns if the AK is as popular as the MP5. I suspect that a lot of the bugs have been worked out because they have learned from the mistakes they have made with the MP5 and HOPEFULLY made the AK better to start off with then all 3 of the revisions of the MP5. I'm going to get one eventually, I just need to find my money... hmm now where did it go to... oh yeah GAS MONEY.

Archived