Any news? MP7

exit-wounds

Anyone know anymore info regarding a potential MP7 under production/development?

Theres a mention in a news topic, but first i've heard.

Would love to know if its gonna be a gas or AEG, and whos making it, but about time. I'd imagine an immensely popular weapon.

Take a look at the HKPro site, (google mp7), with the chest rig for the MP7. Pretty fly...

Small point, but try a search on "H&K MP7" and you'll realise that for some reason the search facility still doesn't like phrases under four characters long. Therefore, exit-wounds may have tried to search and found nothing. Can we stop flaming people to a crisp for things that aren't their fault?

The MIA thread of the above guns??

That could also include the missing MAN FROM UNCLE P38 that was in Maruzens 'new release' poster earlier this year?..Am waiting on P99 Compact.. :D

Okay, I realise that no information is proferred by Arnies search engine, and I have googled it. UKAN has plenty of info, suggesting that, yes, an MP7 is in development, potentially as a gas gun, but some confusion over who might be building it.

Seriously, the people on these forums who trawl threads looking for opportunities to flame and stick their noses up because they know more about plastic guns than others do, please, check up from the neck up!

I'm currently in the military, and I work directly with Police tactical firearms units country wide, including SO19 and European firearms response units. However, it doesn't mean I feel the need to talk down to people because I know little of plastic guns. Get it in perspective!

From where my compatriots and I stand, airsoft is an interesting way to 'play' at soldiers, though none of us 'do' play. I collect airsoft, because i like the way they look on my office wall, and i can't quite understand the dressing up, taking it deadly seriously like many in airsoft do, which by the way is just fine. The last thing i would want to do is spend hours of my precious few weekends playing at airsoft (it is a sport), though i have no problem with those that do.

What i have issue with is the minority of throbbers on the forums who blur reality, with their own belief that airsoft makes them trained soldiers, capable of dealing with real situations because they're 'quite good' at hitting people with plastic pellets!

I'm sure their are plenty of other members here who appreciate a real combat situation is not fun, and not Hollywood; maybe you should present folded flags to your loved ones after games!

Don't mean to ramble, but being unable to throat punch cocky adolescents makes it feel better. And sorry in advance for lacking the interest to respond to those who disagree, i really couldn't care. Happy airsofting to all!

Good point well made Exit.

Too many tossers with attitudes on here. Where I come from, if somebody asks a question that I don't know the answer to, I politely say so, not rip the ###### out of them. It's called manners. My parents taught me that.

Respect to Sledge also

exit makes a very good point there are a few stuck up p***ks on the forms this maybe because lots of the same topics pop up all the time however, people shouldn't have a go a people who are new and ask questions,because its the only way they will find out, you should either point them to a thread with the relevant info or just not post like b2bm said its called manners people use them, one post springs to mind where a new memeber asked about tac vests and had several rude and impolite posts aimed at them from other users which shouldnt have happened

end of rant

i haven't heard much on the mp7 recently except that it was going to be a gbb ;)

Okay, I realise that no information is proferred by Arnies search engine, and I have googled it.  UKAN has plenty of info, suggesting that, yes, an MP7 is in development, potentially as a gas gun, but some confusion over who might be building it.

Seriously, the people on these forums who trawl threads looking for opportunities to flame and stick their noses up because they know more about plastic guns than others do, please, check up from the neck up!

I'm currently in the military, and I work directly with Police tactical firearms units country wide, including SO19 and European firearms response units.  However, it doesn't mean I feel the need to talk down to people because I know little of plastic guns.  Get it in perspective!

From where my compatriots and I stand, airsoft is an interesting way to 'play' at soldiers, though none of us 'do' play.  I collect airsoft, because i like the way they look on my office wall, and i can't quite understand the dressing up, taking it deadly seriously like many in airsoft do, which by the way is just fine.  The last thing i would want to do is spend hours of my precious few weekends playing at airsoft (it is a sport), though i have no problem with those that do.

What i have issue with is the minority of throbbers on the forums who blur reality, with their own belief that airsoft makes them trained soldiers, capable of dealing with real situations because they're 'quite good' at hitting people with plastic pellets! 

I'm sure their are plenty of other members here who appreciate a real combat situation is not fun, and not Hollywood; maybe you should present folded flags to your loved ones after games!

Don't mean to ramble, but being unable to throat punch cocky adolescents makes it feel better.  And sorry in advance for lacking the interest to respond to those who disagree, i really couldn't care.  Happy airsofting to all!

Someone finally said it :rolleyes:

There's a snipit from an asian website that mentions TM is going to release an MP7 and a skorpian with the AEP internals. That's about it.

I think the problem is that the people who aren't jack@sses are the ones who feel no need to post unless they have something constructive to say. So many times it makes it appear as though the forum is full of said jack@sses.

Personally, I have been noticing it a lot lately and it doesn't reflect well for the board when new posters drop by

Thanks to those that posted a thread in agreement, at least i'll know in future that the forums aren't chock full of supercilious dickheads.

However, i don't want to risk the thread becoming a ranting zone (although they are often just as entertaining), so, if TM do release an MP7 will it be well received? Surely someone from these large airsoft companies must do their homework and check out forums such as these.

I'd like to see someone who knows someone at one of the AS companies tell us definitively how they decide what products to develop. Maybe an interview with a TM development exec?

In defence of the "supercilious d1ckheads" it's worth pointing out that it's sometimes difficult to spot the difference between a genuine enquiry and yet another "Oh mi gOdZorZ. I jus' GOTTA have taht MP7 NOW!!!!11111" post.

We DO get a vast amount of that sort of stuff around here and, once in a while, people tend to overdose on it and flip out.

Sledge is right. The search function isn't working properly but I'm willing to bet that even if it was then we'd still get almost the same number of repetetive threads. A lot of people generally just post a thread about whatever pops into their heads.

Regarding this mythical MP7, I understand that speculation is based on 2 seperate events.

1) TM people were spotted taking a lot of pic's of MP7s at a gun show last year.

2) Airsoft Dynamics made a comment that "A leading airsoft manufacturer" was considering making an all-metal MP7 GBB.

That's all the info there is. No more, no less.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is. It looks like an Uzi to me. If they can build an Uzi then an MP7 should be no problem.

Hissing Sid, I was under the impression it was the XM8 everyone was talking about with TM execs taking pictures of.

The site I was talking about is mostly in korean (I think..) but when they start talking about the G18c AEP there's a mention of MP7 and Skorpian. It's a small rumor and only a couple of words really.

Thanks to those that posted a thread in agreement, at least i'll know in future that the forums aren't chock full of supercilious dickheads.

Well, I am, but for different reasons. ;)

However, i don't want to risk the thread becoming a ranting zone (although they are often just as entertaining), so, if TM do release an MP7 will it be well received?

If an MP7 was released, I'd be tempted to buy several. I love the look of the things, as they seem to have the potential to serve as a primary weapon or a backup.

As for the problem with flaming, my attitude is that forums are there to share information with others. If someone asks a question I know the answer to, I see it as my duty as part of this community to answer it, just as I hope others will do for my (occaisionally stupid) questions. If I see a question I don't know the answer to, or that has already been answered elsewhere, I think the best response is to politely point out to the questioner the location of the thread. Hopefully, they will learn to search in future. I have seen too many forums where an "elite" few flame anyone who asks a "stupid" question. I would hate to see Arnie's go this way.

[/seriousness]

however......it could be another time where everyboy goes "cool...an mp7 .....i'll take 1221468374" and then everybody has one. If that happens, a little bit of the gun dies. But with other guns, people have modded them to look different, but i cant see tha happening with the mp7.

Archived