German KSK loadout?

stuka

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ignored that.

Reason why?

I am in the same damned country as him: Flecktarn AND tacgear.de have been good with deliveries down here, and it is really not that much different in shipping prices.. was 37Euros to send a large jacket down.. it would have cost 37Euros to send jacket and pants and a cap too..

http://www.ej-sunglasses.com/carrera/INV/sawtooth.html

A good place to get Carreras for cheap in the states.

You can also get the PROOptic ones from here, they cost just a little bit more.

I have a cheapish kind of flecktarn vest that most of our team uses. WOuld you say this is okay since the KSK doesn't stick to one vest type?

Stuka, dude!

Why didn't you say?

I've a couple of spare flecktarn bits (inc a Bundeswehr steal helmet w/ cover + another spare cover ... )

I'll bring my extras up for the night game at Paul's (if you going to that).

Also, was gonna see if anyone [on Airsoft NZ] wanted to go in on an order to Flecktarn.co.uk ... shipping is a bit of a killer but they have some nice bits ... )

Also, was gonna see if anyone [on Airsoft NZ] wanted to go in on an order to Flecktarn.co.uk ... shipping is a bit of a killer but they have some nice bits ... )

Yeah I'm interested in doing an order depending how much I have to fork out for my gun :angry:

As for the game, yeah I'll probably be going so you can show me that helmet :D uber coolness :D

PS (hammer-nb = septic?)

Stuka, dude!

Why didn't you say?

I've a couple of spare flecktarn bits (inc a Bundeswehr steal helmet w/ cover + another spare cover ... )

I'll bring my extras up for the night game at Paul's (if you going to that).

Hmm I´m just wondering ... if you wan´t to go for flecktarn why don´t you order from germany rather than from the UK? Germany is the place where you can Flecktarn cheaper than anywhere else :blink: And I´ve a strong feeling ;-) that even shipping costs are cheaper tahn from te UK. Is it because of the language bareer ? Most people in germany speck a somewhat decent english ;) Just my 5 cents

Seawulfhornblower you have a good point and in away you are right about the language barrier as when I go onto that site you suggested I just don't have a clue where to look as I don't understand what it says :(

I might check the currency rate and see if theres much difference thanks for the idea :D

Well , this might help you translating the basics you need to understand.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

It works somehow... ;)

I´m shure that it will be a hell of a difference in price to buy FT in germany .

btw. if you get in touch with those people ....they speak english ;-)

Regarding ordering in your language may be you try this link http://www.recon-company.com/sitedesign/en...ome.htm?Lang=en

Tehy are good as well

Some good info from this thread. I too had been thinking about a Flecktarn loadout for the past month or so now. It would seem I finally have some direction and sources other than the obvious Flecktarn.co.uk

Much thanks to all of the contributors, and if I had the powers I'd give you a rep.

Regarding ordering in your language may be you try this link http://www.recon-company.com/sitedesign/en...ome.htm?Lang=en

Cheers for that seawulfhornblower, this seems to be a very well stocked and somewhat cheap priced store, they have lots of gear listed that Flecktarn.co.uk dont have which is good, the prices are also cheaper then them as well. :D

I checked the exchange rate and is is substantially cheaper than the pound which is approx 1GBP=2.5NZD, where as its only 1EURO=1.75NZD which is much better.

I will probably order something from them to see what the shipping etc is like, anbody from the NZ want to do a joint order?

Cheers for that seawulfhornblower, this seems to be a very well stocked and somewhat cheap priced store, they have lots of gear listed that Flecktarn.co.uk dont have which is good, the prices are also cheaper then them as well. :D

I checked the exchange rate and is is substantially cheaper than the pound which is approx 1GBP=2.5NZD, where as its only 1EURO=1.75NZD which is much better.

I will probably order something from them to see what the shipping etc is like, anbody from the NZ want to do a joint order?

A last little hint if you want to order from them. Unfortunately one can´t see the availability of items on their site. So write them an email prior to your actual order to check the final avialability of your choosen items (thats what i usualy do ordering from them). This is just because they usualy just send orders out when everything is complete....well, and this may take a while if something is missing. So I would reccomend checking all this in advance, so you can decide if you may probaply stick with an item thats may be not avialable...and get your order in time.

They are very friendly over there an they speak a decent english.

Hope you like it

h.

Weapon wise, anything made in Germany is acceptable. The German forces tend to favour homegrown weapons. Why? Because firstly it helps their own economy and secondly any type of weapon they need is right there so why go elsewhere?

That's not to say that they neveruse any other weapon ;)

I have seen pictures of KSK operatives wearing black vests in a woodland environment, might be worth looking at for those on a budget. I'll try and compile a potential kitlist sometime today for those that are interested.

Weapon wise, anything made in Germany is acceptable. The German forces tend to favour homegrown weapons. Why? Because firstly it helps their own economy and secondly any type of weapon they need is right there so why go elsewhere?

That's not to say that they neveruse any other weapon ;)

I have seen pictures of KSK operatives wearing black vests in a woodland environment, might be worth looking at for those on a budget. I'll try and compile a potential kitlist sometime today for those that are interested.

Well as far as I´m concerned the only foreign weapon the german Army has currently in use is the m 82 Sniperrifle.

All others are german. Well why go somewhere else if HK delivers all you require ;-) Latest example the MP7 and the MG4

Righty, I've done some researching into this and here's what I've found so far.

Weapons

As I've said before, anything German made goes. I've also seen some pictures with a KSK operative wielding what looks, at first glance, to be a Winchester 1300 shotgun. As of yet, I've not found any pictures of KSK members using any other foreign weapon. But it is safe to assume that they are trained in probably hundreds of various firearms. Not saying you can run around in Flecks wielding an M4, just saying you can use your imagination every once in a while ;)

G3s in all their various forms still seem quite popular among the men.

Also, the G22 Sniping rifle is their weapon of choice for precision firing (Accuracy International AWM).

The G36s used seem to come in all shapes and sizes. They use pretty much any variant you can think of. Hell, you can even use Cmags on G36ks if you want. Bipods as well. And it could be a rail monster if you want it to be.

Head Gear

They seem to use both bundeswehr standard kevlar helmets along with para helmets. Which type appears to be at the discretion of each member.

Shemaghs are quite common in both desert and temperate locations. These are either used to protect/disguise the face or used as a form of bandana. These are either olive/black or desert/olive.

Boonies is another common item of headgear and sometimes worn accompanied with a shemagh wrapped around the face.

Hoods are commonly seen in KSK training pictures and they seem to like wearing them in built up areas.

As of yet, I've not seen any field caps.

Clothing

Obviously either Flecktarn or Tropentarn. It's curious to note that some seem to favour a full Flecktarn overall over the combat shirt/trouser set up.

It also appears that many prefer to leave the trousers untucked from their boots (it's all about the details baby!).

I am yet to see anyone wearing mixed Flecktarn/Tropentarn get ups but that's not to say no-one ever wears it like that. I'm going to have to find some German pics from Afghanistan.

I've stumbled across one or two pics of KSK members in snowy areas and they appear to be wearing Tropentarn instead of snow suits but this could be due to a lack of supply.

Neck scarves are again commonly seen but not essential.

Flak vests seem to still be worn but again only in certain situations.

Also, a 65l assault backpack wouldn't go amiss ;) I picked one up for just under £20 from a local surplus store.

Webbing/Vest

As people have said, they seem to be able to pick and choose what vests are appropriate for each situation.

Standard issue webbing is not uncommon and a mix of flecktarn and tropentarn pouches appears to be acceptable.

Black assault vests in woodland areas seems to be acceptable as well. I've found that ones that can fit G36/G3 mags to be hard to come by. My Ibex assault vest (it was cheap and I wanted it for a possible Atlantis kit :P) can fit G36 mags but they're a bugger to put in/take out.

I have also seen some Tropentarn assault vests being used.

Sorry, no SAAVs.

Additional Items

Leg holsters for sidearms appears to be preferable in woodland environments.

Face camo is also a nice touch. This can either be a complete carnival job or just a few smudges.

Hydration is a must for anyone doing a desert themed get up.

The thing I must stress most here is that a lot of the equipment used appears to be loved and abused. So if you really want that KSK look, you won't achieve it with shiny new flecks.

This is by no means a complete list at all. This list was made from observations of various pictures of KSK members and from knowledge I have attained getting my own Bundeswehr gear up and running. Please do not take as gospel. Thanks.

Archived