Born2BeMild

my oppion is that:

1. Saving private ryan

2. Band of bothers

3. BHD

4. We were soilders

5. tears of the sun

Sure I like 1 and 2 because of : http://www.3rdarmored.com

my dad owns all of this except for the half track which we are trading for a new re-build and the tears of the sun just because its good.

I quite enjoyed Enemy at the Gates. Not my favourite war film by any means, but it's definitely worth seeing. I thought its stark bleakness was quite atmospheric, the way both sides were just throwing men at each other, who had no choice but to obey or be executed. On the other hand, I wasn't quite myself when I saw it at the cinema (I was getting "the fear" real bad ...)

i mentioned the thin red line [overshadowed by SPr at the time, but i still rate TTRL as being a better film than SPR..], das boot, stalingrad and battle of britain..

i cant remember catch22 though..

i would still rate BHD as a good war-action film though. it gets it [movie-making] right, no matter the politics or the gun/body count of other films..

LotR is more like an adventure/fantasy story.. with a war in it.. so..er.. heh..

but i was trying to steer away from those sorts of films as otherwise you could have another whole load of films added to the list, not just the conventional 'modern' war movie..

and then may as well include the star wars films, etc etc..

Archived