Yet another M4A1 clone...Improving the Gene Pool

arivee

I have read on these forums that the battery connector on an airsoft gun should be Positive Square and negative round.

my aim m4 seems to be the other way round. has anyone else spotted this or is it just mine.

i brought some spare bateries on ebay, charged them up but they wont work. i was wondering if perhaps the battery or gun has been wired wrong although the red lead go's to the Posiitve on the motor.

any ideas

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold on guys - falcon - Im pretty sure you have a normal gun - no matter where you bought it.

+ square, - round is applicable to large type batteries (or more precisely, batteries using LARGE Tamiya connectors.

Batteries that dont need 16AWG wire (e.g. small type batteries) more commonly used for M4 handguard batteries (A sized cells or smaller) use the reverse, + round, - square and use SMALL Tamiya connectors.

As for your eBay purchase, you may have bought R/C batteries (which are consistent in terms of having + sq, - rnd wether they use large or small Tamiya connectors) - but if you 'charged' them with a regular airsoft charger, the fireworks must have been pretty :D That or you just plain bought large type batteries.

SINCE we're talking about batteries - I had the opportunity to skirmish with the gun today using 9.6v CBP1650 batteries - I would not recommend these batteries at this point.

Having a penchance for going full auto all the time drains these batteries quick! It doesnt drain them so much that they zero out - I actually still have enough juice to drive my UTG MP5 (with a very slightly upgraded spring no less, just an SP110).

I suspect its just the voltage drop thats causing this - so if youre getting batteries, try to get something with a higher mAh or better yet, higher output. There are A sized cells that might fit the bill.

The batteries are wired the same as the one that came with my aim and I used the charger that came with it from airsoft scotland so it was wired correctly, they have an extra connector lead on it that switches over the plugs.

i think i have probably just got weak batteries, although they are specified for AEG and R/C use they just wont power the gun.

On another note, i changed the body and barrel at the weekend, i fitted an ICS adjustable outer barrel assy, front sight and flash hider, it fitted ok but i had to hacksaw off 2 tabs that wouldnt go through the D ring and the pins that hold the sight were a s**t to hammer in.

The metal body i fitted was a Classic Army new type M15 M15 Body

, it looks and feels so much better, rock solid. it fitted easyily but the Mags are a bit tight now, so i am going to have to sit for a while putting them in and out to wear it in.

Has anyone here added a guarder tune up kit and a systema motor to their AIM? I am planning on getting that done and wanted to c if anyone has had any probs with those upgrades.

Do you mean a Guarder bore up or cylinder enhancement kit or a HurrincanE tune up kit?

I installed a Hurricane tune up kit - but its not really necessary. The stock cylinder components have, in my opinion, an extremely good seal. I am no expert and I found installing the included M120 spring too much of a beatch so I just returned the stock spring.

I would however, recommend replacing the inner barrel and hop up bucking (with a systema tightbore and a guarder 50% respectively).

Havent replaced the motor though - havent had the need to do so.

I've no experience with the guarder bore up or cylinder enhancement kits.

anyone know? i need to know this pretty soon bcuz im ordering one really soon.

EDIT: ok just found out on a website selling similar battery(just dif mah) that this battery type is pretty much made for m4 foregirps. will be ordering mine preupgraded from m4airsoft once they restock.

I'd caution you against those batteries though - I used them and they didnt seem to last as long.

I first used them during winter and thought they didnt last long because of the weather. I used them this past summer on my AIM (using an SP110) and they seemed to conk out but when I put them in my UTG MP5 (SP100 spring) they still worked and I was still able to used them the whole day.

CBP has a 2/3A 2400(?) pack - a tad more expensive, but I would say definitely worth looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I just read alllll 39 pages.

I am a Airsoft newbie, looking to get myself into airsoft.

the hardest part is of course the gun. I have had people tell me buy a Classic army, ICS, sometimes a Tokoy MArui, but never an UTG/AIM.

I am glad you have this thread, this thread proves that a gun can be cheap AND be a quality gun.

thank you agianrivee

Early on in the topic there was a conversation about AIM copies. Gunner Airsoft was listed as selling these copies. Question is anyone know if the new Metal M4 on gunner is a copy? I'm guessing so but I may be wrong.

"Manufacturer: A!M China "

If I remember AIM is from Taiwan, the upside down i is a bit naughty :)

Anyway I've ordered one despite this - any opinions?

Early on in the topic there was a conversation about AIM copies.  Gunner Airsoft was listed as selling these copies.  Question is anyone know if the new Metal M4 on gunner is a copy?  I'm guessing so but I may be wrong.

"Manufacturer: A!M China "

If I remember AIM is from Taiwan, the upside down i is a bit naughty :)

Anyway I've ordered one despite this - any opinions?

I actually e-mailed gunner about that same gun myself, as I was considering it for my new M4 CQB project. This is in fact the very same AIM all-metal M4 that has just been brought out. M4airsoft was also selling this same gun as their 'all metal m4', because I also talked to them directly regarding it. Here's where it gets funny; it seems that the all metal M4's are produced blank, with no trades whatsoever. So, the one you see on gunner's site is a factory-fresh unit. The one that m4airsoft is selling is the same gun, but gunner suspects that they're having the 'trades' added to them once they're received. You'll notice that the m4airsoft ads do not indicate whether the trades are merely painted on, or engraved.

When I compared the price on ordering from gunner, including shipping, it was only about a $10 savings at most, over ording the gun from m4airsoft. Since I have no interest in dealing with the customs B.S. if the item is available at reasonably the same price from a U.S. seller, I was more inclined to just order from m4airsoft. However, as I'm sure you'll see, they're out of stock. They have indicated that they do have more on order, and are expecting them in the next week or so. I didn't ask about the trades situation, because it honestly slipped my mind when I was in the e-mail process.

I haven't ordered anything from either seller at this time, because I'm currently poking around the public here to see if anyone has a used, all-metal m4 for me to use in my project. My theory is that if I can get something with less parts for a better price, or a slightly 'upgraded' gun that's used and missing pieces or whatever, that would satisfy me just as well as ordering the AIM gun. We'll see how that pans out though, as I may just end up ordering one of these if nothing adequate shows up via my hunting over the next week or so.

Let me know what you think of the AIM when you get it...or better yet...do a review!

I actually e-mailed gunner about that same gun myself, as I was considering it for my new M4 CQB project. This is in fact the very same AIM all-metal M4 that has just been brought out. M4airsoft was also selling this same gun as their 'all metal m4', because I also talked to them directly regarding it. Here's where it gets funny; it seems that the all metal M4's are produced blank, with no trades whatsoever. So, the one you see on gunner's site is a factory-fresh unit. The one that m4airsoft is selling is the same gun, but gunner suspects that they're having the 'trades' added to them once they're received. You'll notice that the m4airsoft ads do not indicate whether the trades are merely painted on, or engraved.

When I compared the price on ordering from gunner, including shipping, it was only about a $10 savings at most, over ording the gun from m4airsoft. Since I have no interest in dealing with the customs B.S. if the item is available at reasonably the same price from a U.S. seller, I was more inclined to just order from m4airsoft. However, as I'm sure you'll see, they're out of stock. They have indicated that they do have more on order, and are expecting them in the next week or so. I didn't ask about the trades situation, because it honestly slipped my mind when I was in the e-mail process.

I haven't ordered anything from either seller at this time, because I'm currently poking around the public here to see if anyone has a used, all-metal m4 for me to use in my project. My theory is that if I can get something with less parts for a better price, or a slightly 'upgraded' gun that's used and missing pieces or whatever, that would satisfy me just as well as ordering the AIM gun. We'll see how that pans out though, as I may just end up ordering one of these if nothing adequate shows up via my hunting over the next week or so.

Let me know what you think of the AIM when you get it...or better yet...do a review!

So the one I've bought from gunner is a genuine AIM? Even though it says made in china? Gunner has it listed as A!M for a reason I suspect.

I don't mind it being a copy at all just wanted to know if anyone's tried one?

So the one I've bought from gunner is a genuine AIM?  Even though it says made in china?  Gunner has it listed as A!M for a reason I suspect.

I don't mind it being a copy at all just wanted to know if anyone's tried one?

Gunner told me specifically that it was an AIM gun. My e-mail to him was very pointed on this fact. So, if it's NOT an AIM gun, regardless of how it's listed, then obviously the information I got from gunner was untrue. The reason I asked him if it was AIM or not, was for the very same reason you asked your question; 'A!M'.

Drop him an e-mail yourself, he got back to me the same day I e-mailed him, so...

i cant seem to spot and made in china marks at the moment

http://m4airsoft.com/images/good6.JPG

http://m4airsoft.com/images/Picture_024.jpg

http://m4airsoft.com/images/Picture_028.jpg

enlarge them. i am running them on a very expensive monitor and graphics card and cannot seem to see anything. they also look engraved and not painted. but we still must ask m4.

Archived