CA AUG A1

IvanD

I found some more pics of the new AUG on this nice little German website. They were taken at the IWA 2006. Note the transparent prototype. Btw the top one is a springer. I have no idea why they keep putting it next to their own though. :huh:

Nice find!

But please tell me I'm not the only one that finds this: clicky rather funny :D

I've never been a big fan of the Aug but something about this one, maybe its just the fact that its a Classic Army, I am really digging. It is definitely a sexy rig. The fact that someone mentioned they are thinking of releasing a RIS version later makes me want to hold off on buying it just in case it is the A3.

Just in case you guys haven't seen this yet...I don't think I saw it posted.

249_c1_CA008P%20AUG%20A1%20Poster.jpg

The Steyr Carbine in the pic is a HapDong Springer, can see that from the screwn holes on the receiver and the foregrip.

There has NEVER been a problem with the magazine release on the TM steyr, the design is not weak. Its is also nothing to do with the feed nipple either.

Its the mag well, and the two mag well tabs beside the magazine catch that gets worn over time that causes the misfeeding problems. As those tabs wear, they allow more movement for the mags to rock back and forth, and the magazine slips out of the nipple.

Thickening the two tabs with eproxy is a viable fix, as with lengthening the feed nipple.

As for broken hop units, well if you are even a slightly bit rough on the barrel during field strip can damage it. The trick is NOT to do normal stripping, but take the upper receiver out of the stock first, then the barrel.

I think the weakest design in the TM Steyr is the barrel, which is made of a front pot metal section and a plastic inner section. Over use and time the pot metal barrel warps downwards or to the side, and the plastic part doesn't support it well.

Because of this I have always found that the gun was more accurate on an 14" barrel than a 20" barrel.

Best if CA did a ONE PIECE BARREL, and yeah optional 14",16",20" barrels, with the A2 receivers , so changing out from scope to rail is quick.

Archived