Tanaka Trench gun

Handsome Pete

Actually its fantastic :P Comparing it to the M870 and finding similarities is much like comparing a Bugati Veyron and a Lada and thinking they are as good or bad as each other. Sure, you can find similarities, but its the differences that are worth mentioning. Also its just plain *fruitcage* ing retarded, badly informed and utterly misleading to do so :PEdit: This is not aimed at you, Carrion; its for anyone who drew conclusions like that and misinformed you!) Gaming would be hectic because of the shells and the fact you would NOT want a scratch on this baby, its just sooo lovely.

The Tanaka does not shoot like the M870, the M870 is a POS that fails to expell even .12g BBs more than about 20 feet if you put 5+ rounds in it on 134a gas. The Tanaka M1897 will blast 5 .25g BBs a good 50 feet at high speed - and on top of that its got THE BEST action of any shotgun out there (out of my 9 shotguns it is by far the best in pretty much every way).

Its freakin' fantastic, had a couple of teething problem with ejecting shells in order and the shells holding gas but lube solved the gas issue completely i about 3 seconds and a practiced cycling action makes it work perfectly. It does take a fair bit of practice though.

In loading and ejecting it is a real gun - you could not want it to be better in any way. You really couldn't; the magazine works *perfectly* , the ejection mech moves *perfectly*, the shells are freaking *sweet* and the finish and quality of materials is *superb*.

The comparison between this wonderfully made, beautifully operating piece of airsoft art and the stinking s**theap of badly-formed, cheap-feeling, weak unpleasant toss that is the Maruzen M870 makes me want to viciously and serially sodomise babies in order to express my offence ;) Just to make that totally clear :D

Yes, I have the M870 as well; yes I have plenty of other shotguns to make comparisons with also; no, the Tanaka M1897 Trench Gun is not in the same league as any of them (bar the TW sawn off in one or two areas) - it is the best shotgun one can buy as far as I am aware.

Have a nice day. (buy one now)

• 4 years later...

The comparison between this wonderfully made, beautifully operating piece of airsoft art and the stinking s**theap of badly-formed, cheap-feeling, weak unpleasant toss that is the Maruzen M870 makes me want to viciously and serially sodomise babies in order to express my offence wink.gif Just to make that totally clear biggrin.gif

This bit made me wtf loud enough to make most of the guys around em at work stop and look at me.

4 year old joke is still funny.

hmmm, im totally glad someone necroed this. now im off to find a sawn off version!

then wait 2 years before i can afford it!

i probably would have bought one a long time ago if they were metal like tanaka's other shotguns.

Archived