CYMA Glock G18C AEP stripped pics

chairmanmao

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just to add my owners experience of it. i got mine at gunners on darklite's (good) advice.

V cheap and it shows (damn ''MADE IN CHINA' badge :D), the battery that it came with vented on me when i was draining it for first charging. i had bought some TM batterys along with a 100 round mag so that was no problem.

The build quality, although cheap and plasticky, is not too bad i dropped stood on and genrally abused mine more than once on sunday and no damage. darklite torqued my grubscrew right down after the second time a selector arm fell out so ive no problem with that. The rail on the bottom although crappy will hold a TAC light and darklite's boomstick! (m203)

The full auto is inaccurate but is great for hosing round corners and providing a bit of cover for yourself when on the run, if i could find a high cap it would be great for this

so all in all not a bad piece of kit for the newbie in need of a side arm but needs a couple of extras (large clip and extra batteries) to be useful.

I have just heard a rumor that the BE factory in China exploded and burned down. It may or maynot affect the shipment of the clone guns overseas. And i believe the price of the G18C clone is almost half of the price of the marui original, higher than the 1/3 price of the marui assualt rifles for the clone assualt rifles. :)

Do you have any solid evidence of this?

Dragunov SVD is not made by CYMA.

it is made by JINGONG, (It means golden bow in chinese).

CM.029 doesn`t exist. or not availible commercially.

maybe the cyma 029 is their dragunov svd...

Also what is 56 m/s in fps. I cant seem to find a calculator to convert it :/

nowhere yet i think, only available from HK. Thanks for those m/s conversions :)

As the piston isnt ported, you would think it has a higher fps than the ported marui g18c...

Well - I think the main reason behind the poor FPS is poor airseal - I reckon if I could get one and open it up - a regreasing and a bit of teflon tape here and there could get it up to the 210fps mark.

I just bought myself a CYMA Glock 18C clone and after i've shotted all the included 0.12g unknown BBs, i have found out the magazine main spring is just too weak for 0.2g BBs. The magazine just doesn't feed BBs when full-auto and very frequent blanks using semi-auto. Have anyone tried any aftermaket marui hicaps or lowcaps that my come with a stronger magazine spring? i wanna buy a marui 100-shot hicap G18C magazine and test it myself but i kinda feel absurd to buy a magazine (almost 150 HKD) half the price of this damn clone gun.

And i have encountered frequent double shots (heard 2 piston bangs, 2 shots) using semi-auto when the magazine is loaded. When the magazine is empty, i just heard 1 piston bang using semi-auto. Weird. I'm using 0.12g BBs for this. Anyone has the same experience? my semi-auto lever is moving fine. :(

Oh i've seen there's an aftermarket upgrade spring for the MP7/G18C by laylax in the airsoft avenue in HK. But the packaging doesn't say how much power it'll gives. Anyone has experience installing this one? If gruntguy or darklite or maybe your friend is gonna strip the gun, maybe u wanna install an upgraded spring when u r at it? :)

darklite says that apparantly the upgrade spring isn't very good at all. he says he heard it's about 0.8j (from someone with a TM G18c).

We are currently in the process of stripping it down.

We haven't had any problems with using the 0.2g bb's, but CYMA has a reputation for being very inconsistent with their quality control, so I guess you got unlucky. our friends' G18's have no problems with 0.2g.

I'd recommend getting a TM 100rnd mag, because;

1. you get 100rnds :P

2. you won't have your mag spring problem

3. you need it :D

I wanna ask your friends' G18C that r their magazine springs quite strong to pull all the way back? My spring is soft and when it's pulled all the way back by my thumb, it doesn't got very tense that my thumb can't keep it still very long. I think i can wait till there's a G18C 100shot hicap clone is available in Hong Kong. We have seen lots of cheap metal M4 and AK hicap clones so it's better wait. But i kinda feel funny that the hicap magazine is almost twice as long as the gun itself :)

• 5 weeks later...

Archived