M4 vs MP5 vs MP5SD

otherrandomhero

which is the best value? (all are v3.5)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which is the best value? (all are v3.5)

• ICS MP5A4
    • ICS MP5SD5
    • ICS M4A1 PC97

MP5A4

MP5SD5

M4A1

Which of these would be the best buy? The ICS website gives the MP5s at 315 FPS, and the M4 at 330 FPS. I am most interested in range and accuracy, what one is best?

EDIT: as far as upgrades go, i am only interested in external things like RIS mounts and stuff

I must confess, I didn't read your entire post before I voted :( But, I would be biased anyway :P I like the MP5 SD series majorly. They are very sleek looking guns. If I ever bought a new AEG, I would buy an MP5 SD over an M4 any day (even if I didn't already own an M16 style from CA)

But, as far as external upgrades go with the RIS system and so on, get an MP5. Rail system isn't quite as common as for an M4 (although still way easier to find than a rail system for any other gun), but it looks a lot cooler when you have all the flashy upgrades on it. Plus, everyone has an M4 with a rail system.

So based on personal choice, I'd go for the MP5 SD. And based on your desire, go with the MP5.

I must confess, I didn't read your entire post before I voted :(  But, I would be biased anyway :P  I like the MP5 SD series majorly.  They are very sleek looking guns.  If I ever bought a new AEG, I would buy an MP5 SD over an M4 any day (even if I didn't already own an M16 style from CA)

But, as far as external upgrades go with the RIS system and so on, get an MP5.  Rail system isn't quite as common as for an M4 (although still way easier to find than a rail system for any other gun), but it looks a lot cooler when you have all the flashy upgrades on it.  Plus, everyone has an M4 with a rail system.

So based on personal choice, I'd go for the MP5 SD.  And based on your desire, go with the MP5.

Pimpin'. Is the SD any more accurate then normal? I really do like the standard mp5 more as far as looks. It's $40 cheaper than the M4, just doesn't hold as much ammo. That looks like a winner in my book

Ok were are you going to be using the gun because I currently use a TM MP5 SD5 for woodland and its great, accuracy and range is great and can easily be upgraded by sticking a longer tighbore barrel in there that will come to the end of the suppressor. (I've done the measurements and you can stick a barrel 90-100mm longer in it without the barrel pertruding from the end of the suppressor. It's not full metal like the ICS but i prefer that, the full metals are very heavy and can be tiring running round all day specially with a full load out of mags, pistols and other needless accessories. The great part is although it's reasonably small it still has a decent size barrel and a full stock allowing you to use large batteries. Never tried to ICS SD5 but my TM SD5 is great and I would definately reccomend it.

Go for the M4 :D . I've got an SD3 and an M4 - it's a lot easier to work on the M4. One of the easiest mods to improve accuracy on an ICS is to replace the stock hop rubber 'cos it's gash. On an ICS M4 it's about a 5 min job, the MP5 took me about half an hour first time. A full stocked MP5 is about the same length as the M4 carbine with the stock collapsed so there's not much difference between the length for CQB.

SD's look cool IMHO tho' B) - Good for the SF AT look.

Tied polls, wow. Recently held all 3 in the store, whcih ruled out the SD. It's a dead tie between the mp5 and the M4, a tough decision. i like how the M4 has bigger mags, but it's $40 more off the bat. hmm...

Edit: final price for the gun, an extra hicap (2 for the mp5) , a locap=

$320 for the M4-780 rounds

$312 for the MP5-720 rounds

Going on the things you originally wanted - M4 all the way:

You'll be at 328fps out of the box.

The longer barrel willgive better accuracy.

There are FAR more RIS kits available for M4s than MP5s - especially MP5SDs (I think there's maybe 1 for SDs?)

Split gearbox is great

It's well made, weight and solid.

It has great trades.

It has bigger hi-caps.

Get it - seriously. The ICS M4 is the best (affordable - eg. not Systema) M4 (along with CA) - and it's higher quality than the CA IMO (though there will be LOTS of people who both agree and disagree with me on this one).

CC

Archived