Which Ciras brand?

pingpong

it is possible that this CIRAS is a milspex one (as description) or a cheap copy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CIRAS-Land-Marine-...1QQcmdZViewItem

thank

This guy seems to trade under a few names - here's another..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-CIRAS-Land-Marin...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is the general consensus that this IS NOT a Milspex even though it claims to be?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesnt Eagle make a Non Releasable CIRAS that is alot cheaper(relative to the regular CIRAS). Otherwise i would buy a Eagle Plate Carrier and get a Cumberbund and you have something that looks exactly the same. You never release the CIRAS in airsoft anyway, its for plane crashes over water so u dont sink to the bottom.

This guy seems to trade under a few names - here's another..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-CIRAS-Land-Marin...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is the general consensus that this IS NOT a Milspex even though it claims to be?

Ok I've answered my own question - this IS NOT a real Milspex. The real Milspex is 1000D Cordua whereas this eBay one admits to only being 600D Cordua.

Play CQB a lot indoors, and I also use MARPAT woodland, oldschool woodland and soon to be using Multicam. Although the concept of having Marine Coyote is intrigueing what I really want to know is which colour would be better as a multipurpose vest, something that blends well for wherever I may be.

One other thing. Is there a difference between the "Khaki" on RedWolf and the "CB" on sites like 1337 Tactical? Or is it the same, but just different lighting from camera?

I was debating about the G&P but theirs looks more like a tan. I do like their pouch loadouts compared to Milspex and Phantom I only hope the price is right. I dont suppose you have any idea on a release date?

Im in the same situation Pain, I use MC and Woodland (depending on the season) and I want a color vest that will go with both. I have seen green vests look good with MC and WC, and likewise with CB vests. Im just not sure which would be "the best" for both camo patterns

I was debating about the G&P but theirs looks more like a tan.  I do like their pouch loadouts compared to Milspex and Phantom I only hope the price is right.  I dont suppose you have any idea on a release date?

Im in the same situation Pain, I use MC and Woodland (depending on the season) and I want a color vest that will go with both.  I have seen green vests look good with MC and WC, and likewise with CB vests.  Im just not sure which would be "the best" for both camo patterns

Well check these pics out (taken from 1337 Tactical's eBay page), this is kinda helping to make up my mind I think. The vest seems fairly tan at times, then almost brownish/OD/grey.

What I really want to see is the Phantom and Milspex vests at night, as well as some urban shots if anyone has some.

post-3040-1155935078_thumb.jpg

post-3040-1155935113_thumb.jpg

well like CalLender said the Phantom Khaki is a tan with hints of OD in it maybe that would be more universal to go with a WC/MARPAT/MC pattern. Ive got some serious thinking to do.

And it looks like 1337 tactical's pouch loadouts for the vest are different than Redwolf. This is making my choices even harder!

well like CalLender said the Phantom Khaki is a tan with hints of OD in it maybe that would be more universal to go with a WC/MARPAT/MC pattern.  Ive got some serious thinking to do.

And it looks like 1337 tactical's pouch loadouts for the vest are different than Redwolf.  This is making my choices even harder!

I wouldn't let the pouches worry you they are all there but I think 1337 just desided to put them in a different local for the photo (see below - the vest now looks really brown, which is good cause I think that means it will be very affected by light). I am seriously liking the Phantom now, I mean sure it is not the SAME as the Marines, but hey, if you absolutely want a Marines replica get the Milspex, but if you are gonna use it for mulitple scenarios/camos (like me) I'm thinking the Phantom is a better bet. Also, if you get the Phantom pouches (which there are TONS of!) you will know that the colour will be the right match, no need to guess, you can't do that with the Milspex.

We seriously need some urban and night shots though. Somebody please post some! Pretty please! I'll be your best friend :D

post-3040-1155936668_thumb.jpg

1337 tactical has a very rough size guide, with small being for "people 183cm and below and weighing 170lbs or less" and medium is about 6 foot 3 and 200something pound (can't remember off the top of my head)

Small would fit me quite snugly so i'm gonna go for a small OD Land model.

Here's hoping it's as good as everyone says, cos my old omega's gonna take some beating!

Darkchild

I'm 6ft 2in and around 187lbs - am I going to fit in a Phantom ok?

On 1337Tacticals eBay listing it says about the medium sized Phantom CIRAS - "Medium size will fit people who is 190cm(6feet 3 inch) or shorter and 250 pound weight or lighter."

Does anyone know if thats true?

I wouldn't let the pouches worry you they are all there but I think 1337 just desided to put them in a different local for the photo (see below - the vest now looks really brown, which is good cause I think that means it will be very affected by light).

Taken from 1337's Ebay page

1 2x AR Double mag pouch

2 AR Double mag pouch

1 grenade pouch

1 Double Pistol Mag pouch

1 Adjustable Radio Pouch

1 Map Pouch

1 Medical Utility Pouch

1 General Purpose Pocket

2x Soft Armor Plate "replica"

From Redwolf

1.One MLCS Tri-Magazine Pouch (Each pouch holds two M4 magazines)

2.Two Pistol Magazine Pouches

3.MLCS Medical Pouch

4.MLCS Admin Map Pouch

5.MLCS Radio Pouch

6.Large Accessories Pouch

Both are listed for the Land version (1337 states that they have the same pouch config for the maritime, or atleast thats what I assumed from the pics) so for a little more money the 1337 buy has more pouches. Good point about the phantom pouches, i dont see too many milspex pouches that match. Since I am not looking for a True USMC loadout but rather a universal color i think I will get a phantom too

On 1337Tacticals eBay listing it says about the medium sized Phantom CIRAS - "Medium size will fit people who is 190cm(6feet 3 inch) or shorter and 250 pound weight or lighter."

That is what I had heard also. I have heard also that a Medium will fit people who use an XL BDU. What I am thinking is that the Small is basically for SM-MED BDU sizes, where as the medium would mostlikely be LRG-XL+ BDUs.

double post!

Archived