Rounded it down, now I need your vote on GBB

Endospore

Which GBB should I buy based on Criteria listed below? *PLEASE READ FIRST, thanks :)*  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which GBB should I buy based on Criteria listed below? *PLEASE READ FIRST, thanks :)*

• KJW Para Ordanance FMV
    • Tokyo Marui Sig P226
    • KWA Glock 18C
    • Other (please specify, following the criteria)

Quick Note: As you read through this and give advice, please keep in mind that the only GBB I have shot is a KWA G17 running on Green, so please, when telling about the blow back force of a gun, use the G17 as the other side :) Thanks!

So I've finally settled on a few different GBB choices, and now I need your guy's help! I can't decide which one to get. I've narrowed it down to:

KJW Para Ordanance Full Metal Version

Tokyo Marui Sig P226

KWA Glock 18C

This is what I'm looking for in a GBB (somewhat in order from greatest to least):

Reliability/long lasting

Uses Green Gas/Propane

Accuracy/Range/Power

Blow Back force

Something that matches my SWAT loadout

Metal Slide

The KJW Para FMV follows those pretty well from what I've heard. It will match my SWAT loadout perfectly, and it's full metal, AND it can use Green Gas/Propane. Only problem is the blow back force and how long it lasts. I've heard good things about it on both accounts, but I'm always looking for a second opinion. My main consern with it is how long it lasts and how durable it is.

The TM P226 just flat out looks AWESOME, which is a big deal for me :) It does match my SWAT loadout, and TM has a very good reputation in the reliability and use time field. From what I've read in reviews, it has near unmatched accuracy. And from what I have been told on the forum here, it can use Green Gas/Propane without a problem, just a little extra maintenance. Problem is, it is not metal, and doesn't have any metal. I also don't know how good the blow back force is.

I've only heard good things about the KWA Glock series. The reliability and life is top notch. Blow back force I know is decent (nothing like even a .22, but still not bad). It would match my SWAT loadout, although not as well as say the Para. Since the KWA's have metal slides, I can use Green Gas/Propane. The accuracy, range, and power are all not bad from what I have seen, heard, and read. So, this seems like the ideal weapon, right? Yes, but one BIG problem stands in my way: Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE seems to have one, along with atleast 3 of my airsofting buds, and more that I have heard talking about them. Granted, this is one reason I would by the G18C, besides the full auto being fun. So this is mainly my last choice. Sure, I like Glocks, but not as much as P226's and 1911's.

So now I'm stuck. They all have their excellence and their not so excellence, but they would all suit me fine. So I need some advice on them to get me to get rid of atleast one of them (preferably not the Glock :P ).

Any help anyone could give on this, please do! I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Please vote for the one you say would be good for me. And please state why :) If you vote Other, please say which one you think would be good and why.

By the way, if it matters, my main weapon is a CA M15A4 Rifle (M16 styled, in other words).

Thanks a lot guys!

I vote the Marui P226. Marui has been putting out some really nice GBB's with top notch accuracy and reliability. The aftermarket is definately there and the fact that you like the looks is only another reason to get it. Blowback is nice and crisp and the fact that it's not metal is dismissable.

Remember, metal doesn't always equal good. I would rather have high quality plastic material than monkey metal. For example, the KSC M9 HW wears more than the Full Metal KJ M9. Just an example, but you get the idea. Anyways, if metal's that big a deal you could always just go with a metal kit.

Finally, if you really want a full metal gun you could always go with the KJ P226 which is also suppossed to be pretty nice as well.

Hope this helps!

I'd say go for the KJW SIG P226.

Can't really comment much on durability and reliability, but the accuracy and blow-back is better than my HFC M190. Accuracy-wise, I've compared my M190 with KWA G17s that guys at my regular sites use, and although it's hard to judge thses things, it would appear that accuracy is about even. So the P226 should be a bit more accurate.

Good luck with whatever you choose though mate :D

Don't go for that "full metal" hype.

Full metal externals doesn't mean jackshit when your internals suck.

Marui P226+Guarder metal kit is arguably the most affordable setup you can get.

Throw in Guarder loading nozzle+recoil spring+hammer springs.

Piston head upgrade is optional.

TM P226 and a choice of metal kit's. I have the expensive Prime kit, looks great but it was a pain to fit. A friend just bought the Guarder Kit and that went on with no problems at all.

I voted other. Personally id go for the M190 compensated. In my opinion it looks great and would go well with a swat loadout. It is full metal, can take green with ease, and is hellishly accurate.

True, it may not be a TM, but i havent had any problems with mine at all. (allthough the mags needed a little alteration to feed the bbs better).

Of course you may not like the looks of it, and have trouble finding a place to holster it, but it is very strong.

hope this helps,

Jim

I voted other. Personally id go for the M190 compensated. In my opinion it looks great and would go well with a swat loadout. It is full metal, can take green with ease, and is hellishly accurate.

True, it may not be a TM, but i havent had any problems with mine at all. (allthough the mags needed a little alteration to feed the bbs better).

Of course you may not like the looks of it, and have trouble finding a place to holster it, but it is very strong.

hope this helps,

Jim

Yeah, M190's are nice. Great skirmish pieces. And with the compensated one you could always branch into a Grammaton Cleric loadout if you felt so inclined ;)

Speaking reliability-wise about GBBs, for all I heard of their alleged iffy temprement, I can't remember the last time I've seen or heard of a GBB being fubar'd at my local site, where pretty much everyone has a sidearm and they are predominantly non-TM. Whether that means that non-TM GBBs have an undeservedly bad reputation for reliability or our lot take more time on maintenance, I dunno.....

I don't think that TMs have a bad reputation. I think its more that you can get full metal, green gas guns for around the same price as a plastic 134 gas gun from TM.

Ive got a TM m92 military and the HFC m190 compensated, and the HFC is a much better skirmishing tool. Its as accurate as some of my friends mp5s and G3 SAS, and i like the look.

Not as much as the chrome on the M92, but you cant have it all i guess. Unless i paint the HFC...

The only trouble with the berreta is there arnt very many upgrade parts. Well not compared to other guns. The only ones ive seen are compensators, and i think a few internals.

All this being said, you could be different and get a revolver. As much as i love my semi autos, to be honest i could have got the same performance out of a revolver in a game. I've only relied on my side arm once, and then shot one mag through it. So i could have done the same with a revolver.

I guess what im trying to say is that you probably wont have to use your side arm much if at all. So you can ignore the impracticalities of a revolver (no mags, less ammo capacity) and get one just because they are so much cooler!

Then again, tofit your swat layout, a revolver may not be the best choice. Unless your impression is of an old school officer...

Thanks for all the response guys! It seems like the P226 is in the lead by far. That's good, I liked that one the best anyway :) (well, equal to the Para)

A couple things I should point out: Although I have considered the HFC M190 and things like the KJW M9, I have decided against them because I already have a springer M9, and I would like to have a different GBB.

I really just hate revolvers (unless they are uber modernized) and don't like how they load etc. etc., and I am going for a current SWAT loadout, so the revolver would just throw it all off (about like a Desert Eagle would lol). But, it was still a good suggestion :)

One thing to please keep in mind, and I should have stated it earlier: I don't have a job, therefor I don't have oodles and gobs of money coming in (for lack of better wording :) ). So when I buy the gun, I'll probably have enough money for an extra mag and the Propane tank adapter, but that's about it. I won't have money for like a metal kit and upgrades and everything until several months later, which is fine because I like to use guns stock for awhile.

About a sidearm never really being used: I'll use mine a lot. I would so much love to just run out into the field with my sidearm blasting about. Plus, since we have a local CQB field (not the best set up, but it serves its purpose well :) ) sometimes there will be pistol games. When that happens, I'll be stuck with my springer. Plus GBB's are just a lot of fun to shoot on their own, and it would complement my SWAT loadout. So there are a lot of reasons why I want a sidearm.

One last thing: The reason I stated that I had an interest in the KJW Para FMV is because I like the style, I've heard good things about it, and it was full metal. But, there is also a plastic version out there. Would I be better off getting the plastic version? Or would I be better off ignoring the Para all together because of reliability issues?

If someone wouldn't mind listing out good USA retailers for like the TM P226 and maybe the KJW Para, maybe with some kind of package deal avaliable, that would be great :)

Thanks again guys!

KJW P226.

It has never let me down. If you can find the Limited Edition buy it because it has full trades. It has a snappy blow back. It is a little harder than a M93R I used once if that is any help. It shoots at around 290fps and has great accuaracy for something that such a barrel. It will match your SWAT loadout because it is the favored special forces gun over the M9.

If you really want the 1911 style gun I recommend the new WA Magna-tech series. There very affordable for the price and the aftermarket is there. There are lots of metal kits available if you really want to get a full metal gun.

I still would recommend the Marui P226 with a full metal kit. Arguably the best skirmish handgun.

its safe to say that the p226 is popular.

I used one for a pistol game when my Pistol uzi was dissaloued(full auto only) i *think* it was on green, because of the kick.

The kick is comparable to the G17, and the erganomics are good as well. it was very accurate, it was a light game so people where taking hits with just one round.

i used the entire mag (without reloading i may add) over about 10 minutes and got about 10 kills.... and the objective

If someone wouldn't mind listing out good USA retailers for like the TM P226 and maybe the KJW Para, maybe with some kind of package deal avaliable, that would be great :)

Thanks again guys!

I got my P226 from this place, they also have the 1911. Great prices and they keep the trade marks intact (somehow)

http://www.performanceairsoft.com/~perform...re.php?cPath=23

HFC M190:) I own one and love it! It is full metal and takes propane!

This gun matches every thing you listed above.

Metal slide(whole boddy is metal)

Propane usable

powerfull

accurate

reliable.

Swat look( it is and M190 special forces-I think that is exactly what is on the gun)

There is your answere!

I been planning to add the TM P226 to my collection for a while now. *sniff sniff* oh dear I smell another order to put through :P

I went for the G18c - Hard hitting, green gas/propane out of the box, simple, clean, reliable and an absolute bundle of fun. Nothing says "stay away from my flag" like an G18 on full auto. If you're in the US and care about trademarks and RS features you most likely want to get the KSC version so you get the nice trigger safety and full trades.

Enough talking here's a pic to seduce you:

glock18_mp_01.jpg

:P

Archived