Madbull 470 gearbox Q&A

madbull

Dear friends,

We recently released about 50 pcs our first production CO2 gearbox to test the market and we did receive a lot of valuable feedbacks.

We will release a new improved version very soon based on the feedbacks.

Most of all, for those who help us to "evaluate" our first production, we will provide free upgrade once we release new improved version.

Thanks for all of your supports!

Current review from AirsoftGi.com

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_reviews_i...&reviews_id=979

Current issues:

(1) Double shoots: Happened once in a while. Can be improved by upgrading a tighter hop-up rubber. We have more description on our manual.

(2) Velocity: Some people already found out an easy way to upgrade. (Just drill a hale.) We will post some photos later.

(3) Loosen grip: You must ensure your grip is "fixed" on the lower receiver base or the CO2 will leaking and push out the grip. We will provide some methods to solve this issue.

(4) Buttstock fixing screw: This is a tough issue. If you let the screw all the way to the gearbox, it will damage the spring. We would like to provide the screw but there are too many different length. Our solution now is: You need to cut the screw if the screw go through the gearbox.

We will have a new design to solve this issue.

Again. Thanks for all your supports on this project.

(Although, we need to admit that we will lose a lot of money on this project.)

Good to know madbull! Thanks for the high quality customer support. The replacement gearbox works pretty well. I've been experiencing the double shots, like you've said, but I've also gotten bursts of 3-8 bbs at a time. You mentioned drilling a hole for a way to raise the fps. Where should the hole be drilled?

Here you go:

upgrade.jpg

My friend, Troy, owner of 2Roy, provide the photo.

As to the double shot, you need to change a tighter hopup rubber.

AEG: Pull trigger--Nozzle move back--Feed B.B.--Fire

CO2 box: Nozzle move back--Feed B.B.--Pull trigger--Fire

So, if your hopup is loosen, more than one B.B. may go into chamber.

Good to know madbull! Thanks for the high quality customer support. The replacement gearbox works pretty well. I've been experiencing the double shots, like you've said, but I've also gotten bursts of 3-8 bbs at a time. You mentioned drilling a hole for a way to raise the fps. Where should the hole be drilled?

will you be making 'conversion kits' so that these fit into other guns that the M4/M16 series?

for example, one for the A to Z SVD would be very very popular.

maybe you should talk to A to Z Cargo about it? joint venture, or so? would be very lucrative! :)

My plan is to buy one and see what I can fit it in. I plan to see how much modification it takes to stick it in various AEGs. Problem is, I have 2 V3 guns, and only an ICS MP5 as a V2. Also, as said earlier if a V3 box came out, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat, provided the external gas supply connected directly to the gearbox.

By the way, anyone know how the external gas is attached for this version?

Archived