New Classic Army A.E.G

Ilovenapalm

this was one of their concepts, along with the sg1 and the sa80 that showed up at a show sometime last year.

expect to see it sometime never :( - the release date hasn't even been rumoured yet, let alone guestimated, so I reckon we'll not see it this side of 2010, if we're lucky.

I mean, honestly, if G&P can't get the thumbs out of their bums and release a vn, when they already have everything on release that they need to make one, whats the chances of CA doing it?

Unless I've been living in a cave for the last year, CA aren't even selling the CA36 in the UK yet.

To be honest, I can't see much that sets this apart from a normal M4.

It's got a vertical foregrip and a cut down sight. Big deal.

I guess if you don't have an Armalite already then maybe it's as good as any but it's always disappointing when a manufacturer produces something which is, obviously, a rather cynical attempt at forcing people to buy, basically, the same thing over and over again.

The problem is us, the buyers, though. We must be buying the damned things by the truck-load or they wouldn't continue to manufacture them.

In case there are those of you who think that these guns must be good because the proffesional operators use them; don't forget, proffesional operators and just as big suckers for new bits for their guns as we are.

When you're being paid $1000 a day, once you've bought a rolex and a satellite phone there aren't that many toys you can buy to play with.

To be honest, I can't see much that sets this apart from a normal M4.

It's got a vertical foregrip and a cut down sight. Big deal.

I guess if you don't have an Armalite already then maybe it's as good as any but it's always disappointing when a manufacturer produces something which is, obviously, a rather cynical attempt at forcing people to buy, basically, the same thing over and over again.

It has a cut down sight block, RIS rails, a vertical front grip, a Crane stock (for battery storage, pre-fitted - a huge boon) and a short front end. It's a lot more than 'just another M4' variant, actually.

The problem is us, the buyers, though. We must be buying the damned things by the truck-load or they wouldn't continue to manufacture them.

I don't see how that's a 'problem'...

Plus, it's business sense. If you had to decide which area of the soft drinks market to take on, and you saw this:

Coke variants - 75% market share

Lemonade variants - 20%

Dr Pepper - 5%

...there's no way in hell you'd make a clone of Dr Pepper, and you'd almost certainly not make a lemonade either. You'd make Coke.

Classic Army making an L85, at the present time at least, would be like choosing to take on Dr Pepper in the above example. It' not viable as a business enterprise, and don't forget - if the company doesn't make money, they can't many ANY more guns...

In case there are those of you who think that these guns must be good because the proffesional operators use them; don't forget, proffesional operators and just as big suckers for new bits for their guns as we are.

When you're being paid $1000 a day, once you've bought a rolex and a satellite phone there aren't that many toys you can buy to play with.

I doubt they get paid $1000 a day...

On top of that, real operators above a certain level, who most airsoft players want to imitate, are open to choose their own kit. If a bit of gear is popular for a period of time in SF circles, then it's because it's good. Bad kit will be bought and then forgotten about before much time at all, likely before the kit is seen by the public.

It has a cut down sight block, RIS rails, a vertical front grip, a Crane stock (for battery storage, pre-fitted - a huge boon) and a short front end. It's a lot more than 'just another M4' variant, actually.

Now, explain to me one single benefit of all that junk to anybody who already owns another M4. What feature would be enough to convince me to go and buy that gun?

There is NO practical reason for it. The only reason would be so an Armalite fanboy has another gun he feels compelled to buy for his collection.

I don't see how that's a 'problem'...

The "problem" I was referring to is that most of the people in this thread are whining about the production of yet another armalite and yet somebody must be buying them. Thus, "we" as a community are the problem. We are the reason the manufacturers see fit to continue churning these guns out.

Plus, it's business sense. If you had to decide which area of the soft drinks market to take on, and you saw this:

Coke variants - 75% market share

Lemonade variants - 20%

Dr Pepper - 5%

...there's no way in hell you'd make a clone of Dr Pepper, and you'd almost certainly not make a lemonade either. You'd make Coke.

So what?

I'll remind you of this the next time I read you complaining that there isn't an SA80 replica or whatever.

Besides that, there's a flaw in your logic.

If TM manufacture 12 different kinds of Armalites then it's likely that they will sell more of that model. It could be argued that sales figures are being driven by supply levels.

To use your own metaphor, if Cola Cola stopped selling Coke for 12 months then they would sell none. Does that mean it's unpopular?

Equally, if Coca Cola manufacture 100 times as many cans as Dr Pepper and their market share is 75 times greater, which drink is actually more popular in real terms?

Clue: Dr Pepper.

Classic Army making an L85, at the present time at least, would be like choosing to take on Dr Pepper in the above example. It' not viable as a business enterprise, and don't forget - if the company doesn't make money, they can't many ANY more guns...

And is that any less of a reason to be disappointed at a cynical, mundane, half-hearted marketing decision?

I doubt they get paid $1000 a day...

I don't.

On top of that, real operators above a certain level, who most airsoft players want to imitate, are open to choose their own kit. If a bit of gear is popular for a period of time in SF circles, then it's because it's good. Bad kit will be bought and then forgotten about before much time at all, likely before the kit is seen by the public.

A lot of what you see on sites like militaryphotos.net (or whatever) are private contractors. They are the ones who have the "cool toys". Take a look at what The RMs, SAS, SBS in the UK or Rangers and Delta in the US are using and you'll find that, for the most part, the equipment is rather dull and standardised. Most of them still use duct tape to secure a surefire to their gun rather than A RIS rail which was recently replaced with a SIR rail. :rolleyes:

The airsoft manufacturers aren't stupid. They know the M4 is the most adaptable gun and they know that people like to personalise their stuff. This is not a coincidence.

As I said, the real "blackwater" operators feel the same way about their gear. They want their stuff to look cool. Airsoft manufacturers take advantage of this by publishing the pictures to make us desire the same stuff as well.

If they were to mount an advertising camaign showing a bunch of US infantry all with unmodified M16a2s, all exactly the same, how do you think that would affect the sales of RIS rails and all the other associated junk?

Now, explain to me one single benefit of all that junk to anybody who already owns another M4. What feature would be enough to convince me to go and buy that gun?

There is NO practical reason for it. The only reason would be so an Armalite fanboy has another gun he feels compelled to buy for his collection.

The battery in the Crane stock, for one. I could do with that on my M15, but it wasn't available when I got mine. If I were looking at buying an M15 now, I know what I'd choose...

The "problem" I was referring to is that most of the people in this thread are whining about the production of yet another armalite and yet somebody must be buying them. Thus, "we" as a community are the problem. We are the reason the manufacturers see fit to continue churning these guns out.

So what?

But why is it a 'problem'? 'Problem' is WHAT YOU THINK IT IS, not neccessarily WHAT IT IS.

Besides that, there's a flaw in your logic.

If TM manufacture 12 different kinds of Armalites then it's likely that they will sell more of that model. It could be argued that sales figures are being driven by supply levels.

To use your own metaphor, if Cola Cola stopped selling Coke for 12 months then they would sell none. Does that mean it's unpopular?

Equally, if Coca Cola manufacture 100 times as many cans as Dr Pepper and their market share is 75 times greater, which drink is actually more popular in real terms?

Clue: Dr Pepper.

If people are looking to buy an Armalite, they'll buy one. If they're looking to buy a Thompson, it's unlikely they're going to suddenly think "Oh look, there are lots of Armalites around, I'll have one of those instead!"

If Coca-Cola stopped selling Coke for 12 months, people would go and buy Pepsi, or Virgin Cola, or Sainsbury's Cola, or Asda Cola, or...[ad infinitum] instead. Equally, if Classic Army stopped producing Armalite variants, people would just buy ICS, G&G, G&P or TM ones instead. They likely wouldn't go off and buy an AK47 instead.

A lot of what you see on sites like militaryphotos.net (or whatever) are private contractors. They are the ones who have the "cool toys". Take a look at what The RMs, SAS, SBS in the UK or Rangers and Delta in the US are using and you'll find that, for the most part, the equipment is rather dull and standardised. Most of them still use duct tape to secure a surefire to their gun rather than A RIS rail which was recently replaced with a SIR rail.  :rolleyes:

...which is why most airsofters want to imitate the more elite operators, who ARE allowed to customise their kit. That's what I said before.

The airsoft manufacturers aren't stupid. They know the M4 is the most adaptable gun and they know that people like to personalise their stuff. This is not a coincidence.

As I said, the real "blackwater" operators feel the same way about their gear. They want their stuff to look cool. Airsoft manufacturers take advantage of this by publishing the pictures to make us desire the same stuff as well.

Not really...most people won't buy stuff becuase of airsoft manufacturers' ad campaigns. I haven't bought ANY of my gear for that reason - I bought it because I browsed a store and found it, or saw it on a retailer's 'new releases' page.

We barely ever see the ad campaigns put out by manufacturers, especially here in the West.

If they were to mount an advertising camaign showing a bunch of US infantry all with unmodified M16a2s, all exactly the same, how do you think that would affect the sales of RIS rails and all the other associated junk?

Not much, for the above reasons. If people watch BlackHawk Down, they can see Delta operators with customised guns, and there are plenty of Rangers there with identical M16A2s, M249s and M60s. But most people will go for the 'Delta' look, because it looks 'cooler'.

If there weren't any Delta in BHD, a few more people might buy stock M16A2s, but I think the popularity of such a film is due to the presence of the Delta in the first place.

Archived