You know what really grinds my gears?

otherrandomhero

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NOTE: to all you who will presumably neg me for this (samm), i welcome it. I intend to get banned from this forum as i spend most of my free time here, and that's a problem. The only way to make sure i am gone is to ban me, so i will go out with a bang. The only thing i really care about here is how bih this thread gets, being the inly thing i've actually contributed to this forum. When i am gone, someone keep me updated.

You only have to ask. ;)

Of course, if you were to physically attack someone at my local skirmish site you'd find yourself in the back of a police van on an assault charge. Of course there is the possibility that it could be an ambulance, it really depends how the other players react.

Something else on this forum that really gets me-the rep system. Primarily because somebody will incorporate a grudge into a rep point. If someone doesn't like someone else, person1 will neg rep them for the first slightly out of line thing they do (i.e. correcting someone's grammar even when the rest of the post is helpful). See that samm? Get a clue. Even though i'm not top dog when it comes to shotguns i still know a few things about which ones are good, so stop neg repping me 6 times an hour, okay? Personal rant over.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Get a grip and stop dropping the drama bomb. If you count the +ve I gave you back, I've -ve repped ONCE

You were going out of your way to berate the guy. You can't deny it.

Okay, got to post something here.

I'm getting so incredibly annoyed by the term 'flash hider' - I want to punch people every time I hear/see it, and keep punching them until they stop moving.

Just where did this come from anyway? Do you people know ANYTHING about firearms? It's a flash EXCLUDER, or OCCLUDER. Not a hider, eliminator, suppressor (that's something else entirely) or whatever.

The reason for this is simple - the thing on the front of the barrel does not hide or eliminate the muzzle flash. It simply directs it away from the view of the firer, so as to avoid dazzling him/her/it and ruining night-vision, target view, etc.

Now, I can understand that the Hong Kong retailers might have a translation problem with this, and plumped for 'hider' as the nearest term to whatever the Chinese is, but the English Speaking world has no such excuse.

It's really hard to sound knowledgable about weapons when you can't even get the basic terms correct, guys.

My father spent 6 years in the US Army (1964-1970), including a tour of duty in Vietnam (1967-1968) and he calls them 'flash hiders'.

But then again, what does he know about firearms? :rolleyes:

Hardly a valid point, as 99% of LE/Military Personel still call magazines clips.

Being enrolled does not make you knowledgable about firearms from a technical standpoint in the least. If you can shoot and kill, they could care less what you call it.

But yes, it is a flash hider. It is a flash suppressor. It is a flash disperser. It is a flash occluder. It is a flash excluder. They're all right, get over it.

Archived