my project....

Soloman

currently i am in the process of making a prop bomb in the style of c4 or semtex the chances are it'l be semtex

here are some pics:

c4control0ts.jpg

c4whole19wh.jpg

anyone know how to make the LED bink off and on i know i'll have to use a capacitor of some sort and a resistor because i was thinking of running it off a 9v battery any ideas?

Please tell me you didnt type "semtex" or "C4" into yahoo lol. Or "how to make a bomb". :D any way i think that maplin might sell like a mini project kit that would have instructions and components for that. They used to have kits that did different things with LEDs, but i dont have a current catalogue any more.

You can get LEDs that flash anyway... or you can buy an electronics book. I do electronics GCSE and making a light flash isnt to hard :) You could even have a sequence you tyep in before it flashes... but you would need a PIC chip and chip editor. Depends how far you want to go with it ;)

is that control panel knitted or something?

nah its a bit of roughed up metal i found lying about with rubber mounted on it to look like the display and keypad

i intend to replace tose with a proper keypad sometime.

but all i really want is the LED to blink which sounds fairly simple to do.

i dont think i could fit a pic set inside the dummy semtex and also it would be intended to be virtualy un breakable so that may not be the best of ideas.

Never thought of that hairy. Good scenario.

Basically dont make it look tooo pristine, the thing is supposed to be a homemade bomb right?

Oh yeah and try and pick up one of those USB keypads you put into a laptop second hand. Looks well mint as a keypad.

http://www.safecomputing.com/media/blkpad_usb-large.jpg

See.

Expensive, and potentially pointless - they seem to have stopped stocking the Ics that decoded the matrix-wiring layout.

If you want a keylock code, then you can get that for the price of buying your own switches and four thyristors (i.e. less that it'll cost for a "proper" keypad on its own)

'Course, you'll probably have to add another thyristor to turn-off the flashing LED.

Hmm. Might have to try this myself, if I get border.. it would be easy enough to build the whole thing into a semi-sealed keypad, and strap it to whatver you want - i.e. "home made fake bomb", or "home made fake WMD (as not seen in Iraq)"

That's the good thing about just using a keypad - strap it to a log (or just about anything) and volia! Instant bomb/nuke/president's briefcase/whatever goes with the scenario.

Mind you, that said - seeing how the price of PICs has plummeted, I might be looking at something more.. interesting.

Downside is that I've got a load of projects to finish first :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived