UNco Custom Marui M1911A1

Fuser

Is UNCompany's custom version of TM's M1911A1 worth the money?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is UNCompany's custom version of TM's M1911A1 worth the money?

• Yes
    • No

I want a reliable, pretty cheap GBB and I've decided on the Tokyo Marui Colt M1911A1. However, while I was looking through sites to decide who to buy it from, I noticed that UNCo offers a custom version that has a metal slide installed:

unc-mu-m1911a1-metal-tw_big.jpg

I was wondering, does anyone have this custom version, and is it worth the buy? I have no idea about UNco's custom work, do they do a good job? Advice appreciated.

res

i wouldnt want a hiflow valve in my TM 1911 - you only just get a full load of BB's from a single gas charge as it is - if you start spurting even more gas per BB, you wont ever empty the magazine in one gas charge.

I'm not so worried about trades or anything as I am this kind of stuff. So you think it would be a better idea just to buy the gun and install a metal slide on my own later?

res

I'd say buy the gun here, from trinityairsoft, they have the best price in the state and they only cover trades with tape. Then shop around for the metal slide.

The 1911 mags are single stacked, so there isn't as much room for gas as a double stacked. I can get about 1.5 - 2 (if the conditions are good) mags out from one gas charge, and that's firing slow, with hi-flow it'll be hard just to fire one mag.

Archived