Marushin Model 1911-A1 (8mm)

jordan2139

That's not comforting...

I have one now that a customer wants me to improve. Unfortunately, the gun is a hunk of junk. They are way short on QC with these. Too much slop in the slide fitment and the operating controls are flimsy. This needs to get thrown back and reworked at the factory.

Maybe (not seen one), but that's an odd review.

Complaining the gun's unrealistic for not having white dotted sights?

Expecting 'at least the lower frame' to be metal?

Saying it's very light, when it weighs 770g (more than a lot of airsoft GBBs)?

As the review observes, he's only comparing it with a WA 1911 and that's a pretty high standard to match.

I'm not surprised Marushin doesn't match up, nothing else they make is of a similar quality, but the prices are different, too...

Until I've tried one (if ever) I won't say he's plain wrong, but the 'faults' he complains about seem a bit strange to me.

Cheers

not to shut anyone down but i held one to at aex, the feel is tolerable but honestly the build really feels like a spring gun. performance is decent for what its shooting. Yea everyones whining about the low fps but what do you expect for something that has a 5 in barrel and a .34g bb.

Well...It seems to me 858 guys are in bad luck somehow.

Of course there is nothing that beats WA in terms of finish, but WA's 1911 are bad performers (untill SCW3) on long distances. Escpecially compared to TM 1911A1.

But - there is no 9 shot 8mm 1911 anywhere else. And in terms of realism in low-cap way - the Marushin is a winner. Plus - if you buys a showpiece then Marushin is in the world of sh#t, but even 858 guy says:

So.. if I were to give this weapon a letter grade with an "A" being a very nice weapon more than worth the money spent.. and "F" being a weapon that serves a better purpose as a paper weight.. then I'm going to give this weapon a "B-".  Now.. the ONLY reason this weapon gets a grade that high is because during the testing.. it never failed to fire once.  Never jammed.. never ran out of gas.. had a consistent FPS reading.. sounded great.. and is moderately priced.

Plus if you'll check this pic:

marushin_8mm_gbb%20(33).JPG

You'll notice - that there is no metal inserts in the grips - when you'll remove the metal inserts from WA or TM grips weight will drop down to ~820-850 gramms - and your WA will get spring_pistol_weight.

I'll order one. at least it consistently shoots .34 BB's. And at 7-10 meter distances will do for plinking.

And there is smthng good in idea of having 8mm pistol with 6mm main gun.

PS

WGC already has metal slidecatch and safety for Marushin 1911

Why do some people have trouble with the idea of not fully-loading a mag? :P

:zorro:

Cause mags should be fully loaded. Every time. ;)

i.e. when there is only 9 BB's possible - fully load mag is to have 9 BB's not more but not less.

When 22 BB's possible (TM 1911) with 21 possible to shoot (22nd won't fire with rapid fire - not enough gas) when you quickly reload at night (yes, i know you can buy spare mags - i've got them 6, but they also runs out) it could be anywhere between 7 and 11 - not good to be unsure how many BB's still left.

Plus if you'll check this pic:

marushin_8mm_gbb%20(33).JPG

You'll notice - that there is no metal inserts in the grips - when you'll remove the metal inserts from WA or TM grips weight will drop down to ~820-850 gramms - and your WA will get spring_pistol_weight.

Actually that's not true - the TM gun slumps WAY below that figure if you take the metal weights out.

The WA 1911 I have with metal grip inserts is just over 1Kg, but the TM 1911A1 only weighs only 800g or so WITH them.

Finally, if you have a spring pistol that weighs 850g+, then you're very unusual - Most are around 300-400g...

Cheers.

Maybe (not seen one), but that's an odd review.

Complaining the gun's unrealistic for not having white dotted sights?

Expecting 'at least the lower frame' to be metal?

Saying it's very light, when it weighs 770g (more than a lot of airsoft GBBs)?

As the review observes, he's only comparing it with a WA 1911 and that's a pretty high standard to match.

I'm not surprised Marushin doesn't match up, nothing else they make is of a similar quality, but the prices are different, too...

Until I've tried one (if ever) I won't say he's plain wrong, but the 'faults' he complains about seem a bit strange to me.

Cheers

1911's dont have white dotted sights... wtf?

770g is not light. I doubt my full metal G26c is that heavy...

WA is the only brand I know of that makes metal lower frames stock.

I'm not gonna take that review's advice. It seems rather sketchy. I want to try it out for myself.

Actually that's not true - the TM gun slumps WAY below that figure if you take the metal weights out.

The WA 1911 I have with metal grip inserts is just over 1Kg, but the TM 1911A1 only weighs only 800g or so WITH them.

Finally, if you have a spring pistol that weighs 850g+, then you're very unusual - Most are around 300-400g...

Cheers.

Are there any spring pistols weighing over 800g?

Archived