VFC HK416 DX @ WGC

Sysoosi

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am planning on buying this but it says it requires a PEQ box and that it needs to use the GRS 9.6V 1700mAh for AN/PEQ 2 battery. About how long will 1700 mAh last? Ive never used a battery under 2000 before so I have no clue if I should buy one or two batteries. Sorry for being such a noob to PEQ boxes.

Two words: crane stock. A PEQ kills the hot factor of the HK 416 quite a bit, a crane stock keeps the same style and look while being functional.

hk416dx.jpg

My only concern for the gun is that the grip and stock seem to be a little too shiny, the rest: body, handguard, sights etc. all look perfect.

I'm getting a crane stock so the stock doesn't bother me, I might pickup a Zenith Battle grip as well to match the rest .

Can anyone tell me what aimpoint mount is in the upper right picture?

post-5635-1159663945_thumb.jpg

ForgOt about a crane stock will go with G&P for 100.00 on WGC as it includes a battery, as the HurricanE cost a good bit since you don't get a battery and there are pictures of US forces that are testing the HK416's using crane stocks.

Edit the mount on the picture appears to be a Larue Tactical HK416 mount designed specifically for the HK416 to co-witness with HK416 sights.

Ah forget about a crane stock will go with G&P for 100.00 on WGC as it includes a battery as the HurricanE is a lot since you don't get a battery and there are pictures of US forces that are testing the HK416's using crane stocks.

Edit the mount on the picture appears to be a Larue Tactical HK416 mount designed specifically for the HK416 to co-witness with HK416 sights.

Thanks for info, I'll be getting that ASAP. Are you saying it's got special dementions so it won't work properly (co-witness) with other guns?

Your first paragraph didn't make much sense.

Yeah ill wait to see if any of you guys get the real trades in the US, and if its any good. Besides the fact that i still cant agree whether this fits in the SA80 category or the pure hk category, buying this will negate my g3 pimpin project.

You use a little allen wrench that you stick into the hole on the side and twist it to wind it.

So, do you wind it once like a P90 hi-cap, or periodically like other hi-caps? I'm guessing periodically, which will be a b*tch in the field. People will be losing those winding wrenches left & right, trying to fit it into the tiny hole under fire or moving, etc.

Archived