Green tape on mags?

Fuser

I would say mainly for identification purpose. It really doesn't provide that much grip (I've tried :) ).

I would consider doing that with my mags when I get the MAG 8 pack, but I'm the only guy in our group that has an Armalite :P (unless this other guy plays with us, but then I can just tell that mine have the law enforcement markings on them)

What I do is, due to an unusual obsession with electrical tape, I put white tape around EVERY mag, and on the back, a square with a different colour. Blue for MP5 hicaps, red for MP5 Midcaps, and for no apparent reason, black on Mac mags (Yes, M11 GBB mags. I don't make a full loop with the white tape you see. Wouldn't it be easier to just put two panels of white on? Perhaps...). It's too common for mags to have a single colour, so mixed colour sets means your mags are easier to ID if they go missing.

And the tape on mags thing shown in Die Hard could very well be it: IIRC, green mags are training mags, IE Blanks. Plus, if a mag has a rattly bit...

As for a pic, hope this is what assaultsniper meant. Forgive rubbish photos, I'm a poor shot with a camera too...

Piccy

Archived