Yay for university

Kyrian_Zenda

How much they pay you to *fruitcage* that polar bear?

It is a weird feeling to sit in a Las Vegas hotel at four in the morning – hunkered down

with a notebook and a tape recorder in a $75-a-day suite and a fantastic room service bill, run up

in forty-eight hours of total madness – knowing that just as soon as dawn comes up you are

going to flee without paying a *fruitcage* penny… go stomping out through the lobby and call your

red convertible down from the garage and stand there waiting for it with a suitcase full of

marijuana and illegal weapons… trying to look casual, scanning the first morning edition of the

Las Vegas Sun.

This was the final step. I had taken all the grapefruit and other luggage out to the car a

few hours earlier.

Now it was only a matter of slipping the noose: Yes, extremely casual behavior, wild eyes

hidden behind these Saigon-mirror sun glasses… waiting for the Shark to roll up. Where is it? I

gave that evil pimp of a carboy $5, a prime investment right now.

Stay calm, keep reading the paper.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just read all this thread, bad luck man, sheet happens. Hope you get them back. I may as well ask this here seeing as its relavent. Im at uni too, my contract thing says I cant keep bb guns in my room and I havent brought any with me. What are the rules/my rights for having the wardens search your room however if I ever did want to bring anything here from home to skirmish with?

just read all this thread, bad luck man, sheet happens. Hope you get them back. I may as well ask this here seeing as its relavent. Im at uni too, my contract thing says I cant keep bb guns in my room and I havent brought any with me. What are the rules/my rights for having the wardens search your room however if I ever did want to bring anything here from home to skirmish with?

1. If you'd read the thread, you'd see that my guns were merely confiscated for a day, and that they are in fact back home with my parents

2. Where in the UK are you from?

3. Which Uni are you going to?

4. Rules on searches of rooms differ from uni to uni. If you want my honest advice, leave em at home, and bring them with you in year 2, when you're in private accommodation. If you do bring them with you, keep them someplace completely out of the way, where they can't be seen or accessed. Also keep them locked up, no matter where they are, in a plain container, whether it be a bag, box or cabinet - whatever. And for goodness sake, don't tell anyone about them, and never take them out unless your door is locked and curtains shut, and even then only to clean or something.

That help?

1. If you'd read the thread, you'd see that my guns were merely confiscated for a day, and that they are in fact back home with my parents

2. Where in the UK are you from?

3. Which Uni are you going to?

4. Rules on searches of rooms differ from uni to uni. If you want my honest advice, leave em at home, and bring them with you in year 2, when you're in private accommodation. If you do bring them with you, keep them someplace completely out of the way, where they can't be seen or accessed. Also keep them locked up, no matter where they are, in a plain container, whether it be a bag, box or cabinet - whatever. And for goodness sake, don't tell anyone about them, and never take them out unless your door is locked and curtains shut, and even then only to clean or something.

That help?

God Bless LSE for allowing me mine in halls of residence. Thats in central london to. Your unis need to lighten up a bit! Still now I'm in private accommodation I have none of your problems. Long live 3rd year!

I had a bad year last year, didn't make any real friends...

I'm not even sure if I'll be staying at uni though. Not because of this, but other reasons.

I've just been thrown out of my university accommodation because of this

All this from one of my dorm mates mouthing off...lovely.

I'd say somebodies plan just came together perfectly.

Archived