Yay for university

Kyrian_Zenda

Just had my airsoft guns confiscated by the Proctor and a porter :(

I've got to go to a disciplinary hearing tomorrow as well at 11.30am to see what they'll do to me :unsure:

So, sorry to Jammy and others, but it looks like I won't be able to go to Alpha after all

And my laptop still ain't back from the repair shop, bloody 5 weeks now... :waggle:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and how may i ask did they enter the room?

without prior written perrmission they cant enter with out you being present.

also they can not enter with your presence without you permission

also i belive that they can not remove your possesion unless they are a H and S hazzard or illegal

They woke me up, actually, and I let them in. I'm in the wrong, just wanted to rant about it. Plus, it's against university rules to have em, apparently. The porter was alright about it, he used to deal in em, apparently, but the Proctor was scared of em, it was pretty funny now I think about it. He kept asking me and the porter to check and make sure the guns were safe, even after i told him I never keep em loaded. But they're not keeping them, they've just confiscated them until they can be removed from the university, ie. I can get someone to pick em up.

Oh, and learn to spell :)

Yeh, I warned a couple of the people around me that I had them so they wouldn't freak if they were in my room and saw em. I think of the girls down the other end objected to me having em (she's one of those elitest types, OMG DRINK, NO, I MUST WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK...you get the picture), and called the Proctor. And yes, it does Suckzorx

Yeh, I warned a couple of the people around me that I had them so they wouldn't freak if they were in my room and saw em. I think of the girls down the other end objected to me having em (she's one of those elitest types, OMG DRINK, NO, I MUST WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK...you get the picture), and called the Proctor. And yes, it does Suckzorx

So telling folk so they wouldn't freak out kinda failed....

Either way, they cannot permanently confiscate them from you - if they do, thats theft. If they do not give them back to you, call the Police and inform them you have had items belonging to you stolen by the University staff. Make sure you inform the University staff of the legal consequences if items are not returned.

I have mine in locked gun cases in my wardrobe

Will only ever take them out when im alone and locked in my room, no one's gonna take my collection.

Did they come into your room and find them? If you kept them in bags they have no right without a warrant to search your belongings, and therefore cannot know you have them if they are in bags.

Or you could just ask your University staff if there are any secure storage places that you can store your airsoft replicas on campus. If there aren't any on campus they may be able to recommend a self-storage place.

Keeping them on campus is just asking for trouble.

I come from London, and Uni is in Chester, like a 4 and a half hour drive away, so no possibility of leaving em at home. Plus, Alpha55 is just up the way from Chester and i was planning on going there. I had a bad year last year, didn't make any real friends and i was hoping this would help, maybe even start an airsoft society. And there aren't any secure storage areas on campus, and it does say in the rules, hidden somewhere, that no replica weapons or ammunition are allowed on campus. Also, i can't afford to keep things in an off-site storage facility either.

And I just want to point out that this is a bitching thread for me. No more advice please. Just pat me back, make me feel better kplzthxbai

You do realise you're subjecting yourself to critisism by posting this online ;)

You can't be that upset, your plan wasn't very well thought through was it.

airsfot 4 lyf lol

iseewhatyoudidthere-41997.jpg

*pat* There, there.  I'm sure you'll get your toy guns back from the nasty man soon enough. *pat*

Actually, all I need do is go home.

BUT! The disciplinary didn't go how I expected, so I'm up for the formal thing, so I may end up being suspended. But I doubt it.

Now i think it's time I went into town, got something to eat and buy meself something. Like a DVD or something. Any suggestions?

Cool. I have Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers already, but i left Black Hawk Down at home. Hmmm...

This chap is impervious to the forum spirit.

Something must be wrong :blink: where is that special someone to give him a good Sledging?

Archived