Best Motor

SlvrDragon50

You should know that the high-torque motors has only a very small amount of torque over the high speed, yet it spins considerably slower than the high-speed. IMO though the eg1000 is still the superior motor.

Really?

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/a.../motorspecs.htm

Super high torque is only 3k slower than the hi-speed one.

Anyway, with the new MAGNUM motor being released by systema, you'll get all the power you could every want lol.

If you don't know how to repair or prep/break-in a motor, the EG1000 would be the best choice. It's drop-in ready, cheap and offers decent performance.

If you want a high-end pre-tuned motor, Echigoya and Eagle Force make good ones. But expect to pay a premium price for the additional torque.

The big problem with the Systema motors is they are not ready to run, you need to prep them and break them in to get peak performance and running life.

Hopefully Systema has done all the prep work with the Magnum and Turbo motors so players can just drop them in and go.

I haven't done that for my hi-speed motor... At least I can't remember doing it... I remember breaking in something...

In any case, I air broke-in my motor if i did, and even then, it works fine, and my current setup is pretty damn good IMO. Seems to beat other similar setups.

So no, it's not essential to run, but maybe it helps?

One way is to run it under PURE water at like 4.8v for a couple of minutes.

http://www.rccartips.com/rc-electric-motor-tuning-guide.htm

People say air-breaking-in is good enough though. With just shimmed gears in the gearbox, people just attach the gearbox to the motor, and run it like that for a while at around 4.8v or so for a couple of minutes...

Archived