MARPAT loadout

TheLair

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. I will fly out to wherever you are to pwn you like a noob if you don't wear something that's usmc approved. That goes for people wearing non-usmc gear as well.  ;)

People ACTUALLY have the cajones to do that? Bastards.....

I dont think it has been mentioned, but if you cant find an interceptor you like, or just straight up dont like them. Look at the FSBEs. Marines still use them, and i happen to find them incredibly ergomnomical/comfortable. OD or CB available, and honestly, either one works with woodland MARPAT

I initially purchased the OTV off Ebay, advertised it for sale the minute I opened it....the advertised colour is actually dessert tan.....the vest is fine for a cheap copy, but that is all it is, shape of groin protection is wrong, neck protection has no studs for throat protector, the whole shape and fit is not very good, especially the neck protection where it fits to the inside shoulders of the vest, it appears to be too thick and causes the vest shoulders to ride too high.

The Guarder replica Interceptor is pretty much spot on, it takes original neck, throat and groin protection.

Original throat and groin protectors are available in two sizes only, x-small to medium and medium to x- large.

The x-small - medium is the best fit to a Guarder vest.

Original neck protection is available in all sizes, again, small or medium are the best fit to the Guarder.

It may be of use to some to note that there are two different "weave" types to original Interceptors which can throw the appearance of the colour slightly off.

Course weave, which makes the CB appear slightly lighter in colour and a "tight weave" which makes it appear slightly darker......the genuine tight weave colour is almost identical (100% in certain lights) to the course weave Guarder replica vest, although in other lights, the Guarder vest is certainly "browner" compared to the genuine CB (which can look more tan"ish" in comparrison)

Interesting to also note that no-one mentioned (unless I missed it?) Danner boots, as these can be obtained with the USMC globe/eagle logo if you are USMC, however, I'm unsure if they are issue (I didnt think they were but have seen some advertised as being "issue")

Thought I'd attach a couple of pics (again please excuse the poor quality) of the difference between the SDS vest and Guarder / original.

Vest on the Left is Guarder with original neck, throat and groin protection (see the colour difference if you can) (pouches have since been changed) and right is the SDS vest in x-large with SDS throat and groin protection in x-large, it has a genuine woodland large neck piece also.

There is quite a colour difference between the SDS and original CB.

post-3274-1162145300_thumb.jpg

post-3274-1162145319_thumb.jpg

What? I've never ehard that before.

Additionally the Marines now use flesh-out brown suede leather combat boots in the field, as opposed to the "spit-shinable" black leather boots.

It's just because retailers call it olive green.

http://www.copshoes.com/p-BEL550ST.html

I have a pair and they're closer to brown than they are to green.

Thought I'd attach a couple of pics (again please excuse the poor quality) of the difference between the SDS vest and Guarder / original.

Vest on the Left is Guarder with original neck, throat and groin protection (see the colour difference if you can) (pouches have since been changed) and right is the SDS vest in x-large with SDS throat and groin protection in x-large, it has a genuine woodland large neck piece also.

There is quite a colour difference between the SDS and original CB.

The groin guard is looking a little small, i dont even think its completely over your boys! lookin good though, just too.....clean. There, i said it. No self respecting Marine is gonna be that clean :D

The groin guard is looking a little small, i dont even think its completely over your boys! lookin good though, just too.....clean. There, i said it. No self respecting Marine is gonna be that clean :D

Well, they are both genuine, the only difference between the two available sizes is the larger one is wider, they are the same depth....I suppose it depends on how tall you are as to how they fit, although as far as I was aware the purpose of them is actually to protect your lower stomach area rather than your "boys"!...as the Interceptor vests purposely sit high around your waist.

The pics were taken after a day playing, the SDS groin protector is sitting higher up than usual as thats the way my teammate likes to wear it!........also his SDS is very clean, whereas the dark patches on mine are not shadows, if you saw it in the flesh its pretty filthy;)

Does anyone know where i can get a groin pad for the FSBE, preferably with a colour that matches the BULLE (CB)

A genuine course weave CB groin protector should be close (pot luck on finding one on Ebay!)......the Bulle CB is more of a tan / khaki when put next to genuine tight weave CB.......failing that use a woodland one, its not uncommon to see them "mixed and matched"

Archived