How much further is this madness going to go?

Steve Pearson

Read an article in todays The Sun (yes I know, but a lot of their articles do have a lot of truth to them) by Fergus Shanahan about another step towards the government taking over our lives with their ever increasing desire to control anything and everything.

Its time to man the barricades, Labours Gestapo have been unleashed, and they are heading for YOUR doorstep.

When I wrote last November that council tax valuers will be allowed to forcibly invade every house in Britain, the government denied it.

Indeed, Geraldine O'Connell, national head of the Valuation Office Agency representing the council tax snoopers, wrote a sneering letter to The Sun claiming I was making it up.

Was I?

She insisted: "The householder can refuse or limit an inspection."

This week, Labour announced that a pilot scheme is starting which will allow council tax snoopers to barge into homes and poke through every room and cupboard, taking all the photos and measurements they want.

If you try to stop them marching across your doorstep, you could be fined £1000 for starters, with the fine rising by £200 a day.

Search

The pilot scheme will be launched in Northern Ireland before being rolled out across all of Britain.

It is happening because Labour want every home revalued so they can raise council tax even higher.

The clipboard Hitlers have been told to discover every way value might have been added to your home. God help anyone who has been to B&Q and built a barbecue, a new conservatory or garden shed. God help anyone with a nice view or a new loo. It will be held against you.

But Blair isn't content with invading your house. He wants Labour to have total control of your identity.

He is demanding a national database containing everyones DNA as well as compulsory ID cards for all.

Blairs Gestapo want every detail about you, from the occupation of your grandpa to the colour of your bath.

They even want a record of how much fruit and veg you feed your children. Meanwhile your every movement from catching a bus on driving to the pub is captured on surveillance cameras and stored for future reference.

They even want to bug your wheelie bins. No other so-called free nation spies so much on its own citizens. This is the sort of sinister police state we used to associate with Stalinist Russia and Nazi Germany.

Will we really allow this to happen?

I can't understand why people aren't already marching on the streets.

If this is how little we care for our freedom, we might as well have surrendered to Hitler in 1939.

As it is, Hitler is heading back our way with a vengeance.

We must fight back.

This is war.

When will this madness end?

It is now starting to become very sinister, is all this.

Assuming you're trying to point out an error in the article, Jebus, read it again. They mean we may as well have surrendered to Hitler as soon as the war started (in 1939).

Otherwise, carry on.

What IS the fuss about ID cards and DNA databases? I don't particularly like the idea of being forced to pay out of my nose for it but why the big protest? They've got virtually all of that *beep* on their databases anyway, we just don't have to carry around ID cards :P

Council tax re-evaluations is a *badgeress* though, I pay enough council tax as it is and get *suitcasey* service.

This goverment will not be able to run a sensible or well thought out ID card scheme, that's why I'm against it.

It will be a complete waste of our money, not just in having to pay to own a card, but having to pay to have the shoddy system set up in the first place through wasted taxes.

If I was setting one up, it'd be secure, and useful, so you could add your credit/debit cards to it for instance, using secure chip and pin.

Meaning that you have a 6 digit pin number, and when you use the card, it asks for 2 of those 6 numbers, so if someone looks over your shoulder when you use it, they can't get your full pin code.

I don't see the fuss over the ID cards, it's got my support (other than the cost - I had a survey person ring me up once, and it came up during the quiz. When she asked me how much I would think of paying for it, I said a tenner, then was just speechless when the next question mentioned that it would cost around £80).

I just think that, as usual, The Sun is spinning things, exaggerating and sensationalizing things to sell papers.

Archived