King Arms fN FAL

Shark413

Hey Guys,

I'm having some serious issues with my FAL's hop-up unit. I have not taken it apart yet, and before I do, I figured I would post to see if anyone had any insight.

The problem is that when trying to adjust the hop-up, the adjustment knob (for lack of a better term) just spins and spins, not stopping in either direction. The hop is not engaged and any level what so ever.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Ps. Forgot to show the goods.. I posted it over in the FN pics thread... but, she deserves another pimping:

fal-wood-01.jpg

More pics are in the thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=101248&st=80

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's damn nice, radar!

On a semi-related topic, are those large mag pouches on your webbing Pattern 44 jobbies?

I'm after some [read: lots] for my Kiwi Nam loadout so any info on finding em for sale would be great :)

Hey Guys,

I'm having some serious issues with my FAL's hop-up unit. I have not taken it apart yet, and before I do, I figured I would post to see if anyone had any insight.

The problem is that when trying to adjust the hop-up, the adjustment knob (for lack of a better term) just spins and spins, not stopping in either direction. The hop is not engaged and any level what so ever.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Ps. Forgot to show the goods.. I posted it over in the FN pics thread... but, she deserves another pimping:

fal-wood-01.jpg

More pics are in the thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ic=101248&st=80

Re the spinning hop-up, have the same prob, saw the solution somewhere...the prob seems to be that the adjuster sleeve - the thing that spins - seems to be able to move forward (towards the muzzle) a few mm. This means the end of the hopup adjuster lever - which sits on top of the hopup as you see it thru the open ejection port - slips out of the little spiral groove you can see in the butt end of the adjuster ring.

To fix it, you need to push the adjuster sleeve back towards the butt a couple of mm, at the same time using a suitable implement like an electrical screwdriver blade or a matchstick, to push down on the muzzle end of the hopup adjuster lever, far enough so that it slips back into the spiral ring in the adjuster. Fiddly but not difficult. Tends to slip out again, at least if you aren't careful to avoid pushing the adjuster sleeve forward again, when adjusting the hopup.

Lovely job on the wood effect furniture on your FAL, beautiful and very distinctive (drool!). I have mine cammed up with DPM material and scrim to make it look like an SLR, but that wood effect is something else! Could you describe how you did it?

That's damn nice, radar!

On a semi-related topic, are those large mag pouches on your webbing Pattern 44 jobbies? 

I'm after some [read: lots] for my Kiwi Nam loadout so any info on finding em for sale would be great :)

Thanks! I'm not too familiar with old webbing systems, but I will give you what I know.

British M58

Yea.. that's about all I know. Do you know if there are distinct/special markings that could assist in identifying the pouches? If you want close up or specific photos, just say the word.

Re the spinning hop-up, have the same prob, saw the solution somewhere...the prob seems to be that the adjuster sleeve - the thing that spins - seems to be able to move forward (towards the muzzle) a few mm. This means the end of the hopup adjuster lever - which sits on top of the hopup as you see it thru the open ejection port - slips out of the little spiral groove you can see in the butt end of the adjuster ring.

To fix it, you need to push the adjuster sleeve back towards the butt a couple of mm, at the same time using a suitable implement like an electrical screwdriver blade or a matchstick, to push down on the muzzle end of the hopup adjuster lever, far enough so that it slips back into the spiral ring in the adjuster. Fiddly but not difficult. Tends to slip out again, at least if you aren't careful to avoid pushing the adjuster sleeve forward again, when adjusting the hopup.

Lovely job on the wood effect furniture on your FAL, beautiful and very distinctive (drool!). I have mine cammed up with DPM material and scrim to make it look like an SLR, but that wood effect is something else! Could you describe how you did it?

Thanks for the detailed walk through. A teammate of mine actually performed this exact procedure a few nights ago.. works like a champ. I still will be swapping out the hopup and even adding a beautiful long tightbore eventually.

The wood was constructed by a pal's father over the course of a few weeks. The only hand I had in it was the buying of the gun and the patience of being without it for the construction. I don't think his old man plans on mass producing these kits, but I will be sure to ask when I see him next.

Yeah, that's what I fear as well.  I imagine they'd be a little simpler to convert than say a G3 or M14 mag, though.

Well, KA will release hi-caps for their FN FAL. It's just a question of when. <_<

Personally I like Standard Cap mags. Mag changing is fun! And it makes people conserve ammo... which is good for mil sim... and good for the environment! ;)

Spending $25 per mag is not fun.  I'd have way more fun spending $35 for a mag that will last me several games.

Well playing with MidCaps/LoCaps is only fun if everyone abides by it too. If everyone around you refuses to play with anything but hiCaps then that's that. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

No news on high caps, eh?

I'll send them another e-mail >:(

*EDIT*

Wow, I just got a response from them:

Thanks a lot of your enquiry.  I just got the confirmation from the factory,

they said the Hi-Cap can be release within this month.

We are sorry for the late release. But King Arms do not wish to release

problematic product.

Best Regards

Sales

Still kind of a weak reason, I mean how hard is it to make a high cap? It's not like it's an arcane skill that requires 60 years of training in a Tibetan monestary located at the zenith of Mount Everest.

Oh well, still jolly news. That is of course, if they're serious this time.

• 3 weeks later...
It's not like it's an arcane skill that requires 60 years of training in a Tibetan monestary located at the zenith of Mount Everest.

yes, agreed, how hard is it to make a hi-cap.

Having such common 'accessories' available should be a std part of bringing an AEG to the market (ie releasing the gun and 'upgrades' at the same time).

• 1 month later...

HEy. Did anyone guys disassembled the gearbox? I'm going to tune up a little my FAL , but it will be much easier planning modifications when i would know what components are inside. If you could give me some link do the picture of internals in gearbox will be great.

Thanks from above.

• 1 month later...

Archived