Should I get ICS or CA?

eod

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe this thread is linked to in R22's 'Useful info'. I figured seeing as this is a regularly viewed resource, it might be worthwhile adding to it.

Indeed, it's a useful thread, but I dont' think it's regularly viewed. :P All the newbies will just create a new thread asking which gun they should get, CA or ICS. :lol: Can't do anything to them. :D

I have asked the people at UNCOMPANY about this and this is what they say.

The ICS m4 is full metal and is quite reliable, however putting upgrades on it is not a good idea, so basically its bad for upgrading internally. If ur in the UK i suggest if you get this gun itll serve you well.

The marui version has the most amount of things that can be done to it, but its the most expensive if you want a metal version of a marui m4.

the CA ones are good for modding and have metal bodies which i found quite attractive. However the prices of classic army goods have gone up alot. BEfore in Hong Kong they used to be just a little bit expensive than marui, now its above 2000 HK.

i decided to get the G&G version ( gr-16 a3 carbine) because it had the best price with an A2 stock and had a metal body. Its good with internal upgrades.

So the only reason why i didnt get a classic army was because of the price. I suggest you get the classic army but if you want a good gun out of the box that you dont mind leaving as it is without many internal upgrades then get the ICS.

personally i would get the CA.

-ham-

I double confirmed that on an occasion when I asked them about the ICS MP5. It's a great gun I admit and I'd get one for stock games. But when asked on the internal upgrades, UNCo. shakes head and told me to get a TM instead.

They could've sold me a $1600 gun cuz I was all ready to buy instead of sending me home to procrastinate some more. Ended up with the G36C a week later. I respect their attitute because I was also a sales once. Very often I walk in all ready to spend some cash and come out empty handed. they give sound advice.

*fanboy mode = off*

I have asked the people at UNCOMPANY about this and this is what they say.

The ICS m4 is full metal and is quite reliable, however putting upgrades on it is not a good idea, so basically its bad for upgrading internally. If ur in the UK i suggest if you get this gun itll serve you well.

The marui version has the most amount of things that can be done to it, but its the most expensive if you want a metal version of a marui m4.

the CA ones are good for modding and have metal bodies which i found quite attractive. However the prices of classic army goods have gone up alot. BEfore in Hong Kong they used to be just a little bit expensive than marui, now its above 2000 HK.

i decided to get the G&G version ( gr-16 a3 carbine) because it had the best price with an A2 stock and had a metal body. Its good with internal upgrades.

So the only reason why i didnt get a classic army was because of the price. I suggest you get the classic army but if you want a good gun out of the box that you dont mind leaving as it is without many internal upgrades then get the ICS.

personally i would get the CA.

-ham-

HAM~~~~~~~

i got a n00bie question~ i thought UK limit is 1J [328fps@0.2g] CA shoot that straight out of the box~ and you are you saying ICS does too ? the reason i choose CA/ics over TM is the barrel wobblign and metal body as standard. i think you might have noticed i just sit here in the forum all day, i do read alot of stuff but still confused the ICS and CA....... so, does both of them shoht 328 out of the box ? [and i read some thread saying the forum rules wotn let ppl ssay somethign about the power of the gun or something, where is the link to the rules...]

tef~

You can look at the forum rules Here.

And yes, the ICS does shoot well out of the box, ive tried my friends but it does suffer from barrel wobbling. After a few months with a sling the barrel started to wobble slightly and then started wobblin pretty bad. In a skirmishing site in Hong Kong, there is a place called Combat Games. They have guns for rent, and i think they are ICS (correct me if im wrong), but they all have serious barrel wobbling problems. Could be because of the lack of maintinance but i think theres a design fault too.

And if you live in the UK 1J is the max and the velocity is around 328 fps. If i were you, i would get the CA, its more reliable and my other friend who has a CA m15a4 carbine has been havin a great time with his, no barrel wobble watsoever so far.

-ham-

i flicked though few of those link and saw alot of them mention >> ''WORKING FORWARD ASSIST''  whats this mean ?

There's a big button on the right hand side of the receiver above the pistol grip call the forward assist. On an ICS M4 you can push this and it will release the spring tension on the gears after use. It can also help clear gearbox jams.

AFAIK, on other (CA, TM, G&G - don't know about Systema) M4's it has no function other than decoration.

You can look at the forum rules Here.

And yes, the ICS does shoot well out of the box, ive tried my friends but it does suffer from barrel wobbling. After a few months with a sling the barrel started to wobble slightly and then started wobblin pretty bad. In a skirmishing site in Hong Kong, there is a place called Combat Games. They have guns for rent, and i think  they are ICS (correct me if im wrong), but they all have serious barrel wobbling problems. Could be because of the lack of maintinance but i think theres a design fault too.

And if you live in the UK 1J is the max and the velocity is around 328 fps. If i were you, i would get the CA, its more reliable and my other friend who has a CA m15a4 carbine has been havin a great time with his, no barrel wobble watsoever so far.

-ham-

thx~~~~~~ so 1J is th emax we can talk about here~~ can soe 1 answer me, just yes or no, if theres airsoft guns that shoot more than that out of the box on 134a/battery ? [just in case i decided to love one]

To elaborate a bit more on what hilts said.

Oh the real gun, it ensures that the bolt is in the full forward position before firing, thats what those little notches on the M16 bolt are for.

For the ICS, it ensures the spring is in the full forward position, so as to not leave it compressed and lose power, and so you can take it apart without the semi compressed spring flinging the upper mechbox back into your face :)

To elaborate a bit more on what hilts said.

Oh the real gun, it ensures that the bolt is in the full forward position before firing, thats what those little notches on the M16 bolt are for.

For the ICS, it ensures the spring is in the full forward position, so as to not leave it compressed and lose power, and so you can take it apart without the semi compressed spring flinging the upper mechbox back into your face :)

would be lovely if you can show me a picture :D [of that button thingy]

nooo~~~~ was planning to get a CA, but i love that button icon_cry.gif   

That's the source of a dilemma for a whole lot of people. But shooting couple times on semi has the same effect as pressing that button, so it wasn't that as big of a technical advantage as say the split gearbox design (hmm, I wonder if ICS patterned it or not).

Archived