Do TM Springers out range AEG's?

Noodle_2000

Hello,

I just have a quick question. Do TM Springers out range AEG's? Because we are facing a team soon that is based mainly off of these guns. While my team consist of mainly AEG's (High-Ends). I really haven't got the chance to see a VSR-10 in action. I was just wondering if it's range would go beyond that of an AEG. Same for the Shotgun. We play in a very open/urban field.

Thanks guys. :)

Gary B.

yeah, srry to drill it in more, but you guys should do fine against this team. You're Aegs, since you said you upgraded them, will probably outrange the shotguns, and the sniper rifles have a lower ROF than the shotguns. Fire and Manuver is probably your best tactic. If not, just fill the air with plastic.

dont under estimate the shotties i use the tm m3 as my primary in woodland and do fine...if the players with the shotties know how to use them and use good tactics...you might be suprised at how effective they are. just use good tactics and dont get to cocky...

i would say the shotties are equivalent to a stock aeg. they shoot 3 bbs per trigger pull..

good luck

TM shotties aren't terribly powerful. Maybe 260fps, something like that.

A couple of VSR10s might cause AEGs problems but split into 2 teams and use one team to draw their fire while the other team flanks them to get into range.

They may not be poweful, but my M3 only upgraded with the KM barrels using KSC .25s can go 200' straight then start curving up (although the spread is pretty wide, and only the top BB is accurate). I can't explain it, but that's the reason why I was gonna mount a rail and scope on mine... hehehe... but I'm still hoping I can sell it...

Yea, All of their VSR-10's and Shotty's are stock. No upgrades, so I feel confident. Most of our AEG's are stock, but a few are just insanely upgraded.

Thanks for all the tips.

Gary B.

Depending on the tactics they use, and you use, you could lose.

Assuming both sides are more or less equally skilled, the AEG's should wipe the floor with the springers.

You'd be putting 20-30 shots downrange while they'll only answer back with 1.

That's an advantage, regardless of skill.

You could spam them with BBs, and if you guys were equally skilled, then I can see how you'd have the advantage...

dont under estimate the shotties i use the tm m3 as my primary in woodland and do fine...if the players with the shotties know how to use them and use good tactics...you might be suprised at how effective they are. just use good tactics and dont get to cocky...

i would say the shotties are equivalent to a stock aeg. they shoot 3 bbs per trigger pull..

good luck

QFT

They may be slow, but if you've played with them as your primary for a while, you get REALLY good at taking out AEGers. Although, I still suck with mine in CQB lol. AEGs can make you pretty cocky... I was in a CQB match with 2 M3s, using my speed gun, and I kept getting blasted. The M3s were chopped, and the players moved fast and quick. They were accurate too. My K has an external battery and it feels a little heavier than my M3, but I could tell that they've used their M3 as a primary for a while. I switched to my own M3, and got my butt whooped even more!!! lol.

Assuming both sides are more or less equally skilled, the AEG's should wipe the floor with the springers.

You'd be putting 20-30 shots downrange while they'll only answer back with 1.

That's an advantage, regardless of skill.

I agree with that statement and I don't.

It only takes one shot to get a kill. But you are right, if one team was springers and the other electric rifles, yes, the automatics would have a huge advantage. But if, say, the one team were one eighth electric rifles and seven eighths springers even, the advantage would be gone because they springer team would have suppressive fire.

At those whom believe that the entire match is determined by skill: Sorry, you're wrong. It would be safe to say that in real warfare, 90% of the outcome of the match is placed in skill, the other ten in the weapon. In airsoft, however, there is less skill as we are generally not trained in warfare, thus there is more emphasis in the weapon. So how much the outcome relies on the weapon is determined by the skill of the combatants.

So for example:

Give some Rangers shotties and some other electric rifles and sic 'em on each other and chances are they'll come out even. Give a bunch of weekend warriors the same situation and the electric rifles will stomp the springers.

The thing about suppressive fire is that you don't need much of it, much less every team member using it. Having one suppressive fire guy per squad is sufficient.

I agree with that statement and I don't. 

At those whom believe that the entire match is determined by skill:  Sorry, you're wrong.  It would be safe to say that in real warfare, 90% of the outcome of the match is placed in skill, the other ten in the weapon.  In airsoft, however, there is less skill as we are generally not trained in warfare, thus there is more emphasis in the weapon.  So how much the outcome relies on the weapon is determined by the skill of the combatants. 

Wrong.

Not everyone plays airsoft are civvies. My team consitute of 90% ex-miliary or current military personnel. Weapon does affect how you play, but certainly it is not a winning factor.

Skill and tactics wins the game. It's not the gun.

If I follow your logic, an exprienced airsofter(minimum of 5 years of full time playing) who uses an MP5 AEG with lowcaps will lose against an noob airsofter with souped up M60. Yes? Not really.

Airsoft is a team play. Who wins the game greatly dependant upon the team tactics and level of skills for indvidual members.

You are over-simplyfing winning elements. Weapons are just part of it. The environment, climate, number of your enemies, combat situations, senarios are all part of it. How you deal with those different elements wins the game. And that is skill and it only comes from exprience and training.

Wrong.

Not everyone plays airsoft are civvies. My team consitute of 90% ex-miliary or current military personnel. Weapon does affect how you play, but certainly it is not a winning factor.

Skill and tactics wins the game. It's not the gun.

If I follow your logic, an exprienced airsofter(minimum of 5 years of full time playing) who uses an MP5 AEG with lowcaps will lose against an noob airsofter with souped up M60. Yes? Not really.

Airsoft is a team play. Who wins the game greatly dependant upon the team tactics and level of skills for indvidual members.

You are over-simplyfing winning elements. Weapons are just part of it. The environment, climate, number of your enemies, combat situations, senarios are all part of it. How you deal with those different elements wins the game. And that is skill and it only comes from exprience and training.

Heh, I can tell when I've been beat. Yes, the way you put it is far better. The gun partially determines your tactics...

But also when I made that post I kept military peeps in mind. That's why there was the whole Ranger analogy, etc..

Archived