Multicam Loadout

alpha54

G'day guys! :)

First, just let me say that I'm not trying to replicate any sort of armed forces loadout here - I just love the look of Multicam so I'm trying to get a loadout together.

Here's what I'm thinking of so far:

Vest: HSS Genuine Crye Multicam Plate Carrier (comes with mag, medical, admin, radio and hydration pouches)

Pants: Crye Multicam Combat Pants or Crye Multicam Field Pants R6

Shirt: Crye Multicam Combat Shirt or Crye Multicam Field Shirt R6

What I haven't yet been able to find are Multicam grenade pouches - any ideas?

I would also need a belt, and to be honest I am only just starting to get into combat gear, so I have no idea what sort of belt I would need or if there are even any available in Multicam. Assistance would be appreciated!

At the moment I have a simple black belt holster from Mil-Force to keep my pistol in, but I am wondering whether this is a good way to store the pistol. Would a thigh holster work better?

I have also looked at various helmets, the two most common appear to be MICH and PASGT, but I really have no idea what the difference between them is. Which would you recommend? Are there any Multicam helmet covers?

Lastly, but not least importantly, gloves. A lot of people seem to like Nomex Flight Gloves, but they look a little thick/bulky to me. Are they? What gloves would you guys recommend?

I am somewhat planning to acquire this gear particularly for a large event, as I wouldn't usually need it when playing with my friends. The temperature will probably be around the mid-20s (degrees celcius), another reason I am wary about thick gloves.

All assistance/feedback is highly appreciated! :)

Kind regards,

alpha54

PS: I am sorry if some of my questions appear a bit newb-ish, but I am new to all this gear stuff...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I haven't yet been able to find are Multicam grenade pouches - any ideas?

With MC, if you pick one solid color to mix and match with it for pouches, it can look pretty good. So you can use OD or KH grenade pouches if you cannot find MC ones.

However, Tactical Tailor have virtually all of their pouches available in MC: Linky.

I would also need a belt, and to be honest I am only just starting to get into combat gear, so I have no idea what sort of belt I would need or if there are even any available in Multicam. Assistance would be appreciated!

You can either go for a trouser-type belt (in which case color doesn't really matter) or an Eagle Modular Padded Belt. Linky. Or you could simply find a solid color duty belt in KH or OD or CB.

At the moment I have a simple black belt holster from Mil-Force to keep my pistol in, but I am wondering whether this is a good way to store the pistol. Would a thigh holster work better?

Which pistol holster type you use is up to you. Whichever one works better for you.

I have also looked at various helmets, the two most common appear to be MICH and PASGT, but I really have no idea what the difference between them is. Which would you recommend? Are there any Multicam helmet covers?

An MICH in OD or Tan will work with no helmet cover, but there are some available (check eBay). I DO NOT recommend PASGT.

Lastly, but not least importantly, gloves. A lot of people seem to like Nomex Flight Gloves, but they look a little thick/bulky to me. Are they? What gloves would you guys recommend?

Hardly. They were designed for use by people flying multi-million dollar jet aircraft at several times the speed of sound, who need to be able to manipulate the controls of their high performance aircraft in the middle of a dogfight. They are very, very supple.

Flight gloves are an excellent choice, but if you want to spend more there are Hatch Operator gloves and Mechanix gloves.

I am somewhat planning to acquire this gear particularly for a large event, as I wouldn't usually need it when playing with my friends. The temperature will probably be around the mid-20s (degrees celcius), another reason I am wary about thick gloves.

Said aviators who use flight gloves also happen to be stationed in such sunny locales as Saudi Arabia, Arizona, and so forth. They were and are also used by military personnel in Somalia and Iraq, as well as in Columbia, &c., &c.

I concur with Jag about the MICH and Hatch Operators, I use both with my MC loadout and it fits very well. Tactical Tailor also has multicam MICH helmet covers for a fair price. Also take a looksie over at www.SKDtac.com as they have some MC items too. Don't forget to get some knee pads for your loadout. Hope this helps!

Cheers everyone - and yes, that helps a great deal! :)

The Crye Multicam Combat Pants have compartments in front of the knee that allow you to insert knee pads - apparently this is more comfortable as there are no rubber straps and they don't shift position... so I was thinking of just getting some Crye Combat Knee Pads along with the pants.

I'll have a look at some MICH helmets and Hatch Operaters now, thanks again for all the advice!

Ok then, this would be my current list of items - what do you think?

Crye Precision Multicam Combat Pants

CP1.jpg

Crye Precision Multicam Combat Knee Pads

KCP1.jpg

Crye Precision Multicam Combat Shirt

CS1.jpg

Crye Precision Multicam Combat Elbow Pads

KEP1.jpg

HSS Gear Genuine Crye Multicam Plate Carrier (comes with 7 pouches, not pictured)

CMPC1.jpg

Tactical Tailor Grenade Pouch (x2 in Multicam)

GP1.jpg

Tactical Tailor Flash Bang/Smoke Pouch (x2 in Multicam)

FBSP1.jpg

Tactical Tailor Modular Dump Pouch (in Multicam)

MDP1.jpg

Eagle Modular Padded Belt (in Multicam)

MPB1.jpg

Hatch SOG-F Series Operator Gloves (pictured in Sage but I'll get Tan)

HOG1.jpg

(continued in next post due to images-per-post restrictions)

(continued from last post)

MICH Tactical Helmet (Tan)

MTH1.jpg

Tactical Tailor MICH Multicam Helmet Cover

MHC1.jpg

Bolle X500 Tactical Googles (I already own these, so unless there is something significantly better I'll just keep using them)

BTG1.jpg

Does that look good so far?

Apart from that, I am still looking for the following items:

- Multicam Silencer Pouches (one for pistol, one for rifle - I'm sure I've seen them before but can't manage to find them again)

- Boots (I don't really have a clue about tactical boots, so any advice is appreciated)

- Radio headset (I have no idea what will be comfortable to wear under a MICH helmet)

- A holster which will fit a USP Compact with mounted Surefire X200A weapon light (or equivalent replica), it does not need to be Multicam (I've decided to get any parts I can't acquire in Multicam in Tan) but first and foremost, it needs to keep my pistol safe!

Thanks for all the help so far, any more ideas? :)

Converse or Oakley sand coloured boots.

Comms headset; just get a RSM & use a plugged in ear piece. This will save you a small fortune in buying the wrong one for you.

Holster; Safariland 6004. Diamondback tactical stock these.

MC individual MP5 mag pouches will hold a rifle can, & HSGI MC pistol pouches will take one to fit a handgun.

I would recommend a UK tactical battle belt in tan over the Eagle MC one. It's just going to be that much more comfortable worn with a plate carrier on top.

Where are you getting the HSS carrier?

The TT frag pouches are much more stable than the HSGI version.

Also a GP/utility pouch like the TT zipper utility would be more use full for skirmishing than the flashbang/smoke pouches, assuming you ar going to skirmish this kit.

I think you should consider a Maxped rolypoly (or similar) dump pouch as an alternative to the TT one. It's horses for courses and what you find most effective though.

:)

Cheers for the reply mate! :)

Alright, had a look at Oakley Assault Boots - they look great!

Also looked that Safariland 6004, looks good, but can it fit a USPc with mounted Surefire X200A? :unsure:

I'll have a look at those other pouches you mentioned... I seem to be unable to find that UK tactical battle belt you mentioned!

I'm getting the HSS carrier from www.hssgear.com they are being released in March, but they are accepting pre-orders.

Yes, I will be skirmishing this kit extensively. Why do you think would a Utility Pouch be more effective than flashbang/smoke pouches for storing these grenades?

I'll have a look at that Maxped rolypoly dump pouch now, thanks again for the tips! :D

That's what I thought, but they appear to have one on here: http://www.botac.com/saf60.html

No? :unsure:

Problem there is, they don't have it in Dark Earth - only in Black, Woodland or Desert... even though I'm thinking I could get away with the a Desert holster on Multicam BDUs.... :P

Do you know of any other good tactical holsters that will fit a USPc with Surefire X200? I think I'm starting to like the idea of a thigh holster!

I also didn't realise that Crye Precision won't ship outside of the US, so I will be getting SKD Multicam BDUs instead - quite a few people say these are higher quality anyways so why not! :)

Also, what do you think of the ICE Battle Belt? Is it better than the Eagle Modular Padded Belt (I still haven't been able to find the UK battle belt Waco Kid mentioned).

Anyways, here is my updated kit list - what do you think?

- HSS Gear Genuine Crye Multicam Plate Carrier w/ 7 pouches

- HSS Gear Genuine Crye Multicam M4 Magazine Pouch (I need one more)

- ICE Battle Belt

- SKD Multicam Enhanced Combat Shirt

- SKD Multicam Enhanced Combat Pants

- 5.11 Knee Pad Inserts

- 2x Tactical Tailor Multicam Grenade Pouch

- 2x Tactical Tailor Multicam Flashbang/Smoke Pouch (or zipper utility, even though I am not yet sure why these would be better for skirmishing!)

- Tactical Tailor Multicam MICH Helmet Cover

- Tactical Tailor Multicam Knife Pouch

- Maxpedition Roly Poly Folding Utility/Dump Pouch

- Oakley SI Assault Boots (Tan)

- Safariland 6004 Tactical Holster for USPc with Surefire X200 (assuming it exists... but as far as I can tell only in Desert... hmmm :unsure:)

- Hatch SOG-F Series Operator Gloves (look great, thanks for the tip!)

Thanks again for all your advice - its greatly appreciated! ;)

:P Almost exactly what i got mate :

let me tell you the crye real steel kicks *albatross* its well worth it :D

dsc00767gr7.jpg

for examlple the knee pads are so so good

ONE WARNING get the Exact size one or two inches makes a massive difference, the knee pads and elbow wont work, but they do have a elastic internal strap :rolleyes:

Gonna get me SCAR L next and a MICH or delta force type helmet like the americans in transformers the movie

Problem is, I ain't in the US so I can't get the Crye stuff very easily... How'd you get yours? :unsure:

I know a couple of people across the pond, but none I would trust enough to mail something onto me... plus the SKD Multicam BDUs are in stock, cheaper, and also use the real Crye fabric and pattern.

Is the real Crye stuff really worth all the hassle?

Gotta admin, their combat shirt looks damn nice! :P

I also didn't realise that Crye Precision won't ship outside of the US, so I will be getting SKD Multicam BDUs instead - quite a few people say these are higher quality

Hell No hell no ! i have both and let me tell you the combat top really works it cools you down i play constant speedball and cqb its well worth it normaly i over heat the the crye makes one massive difference, not only to temp but to comfort and protection (get shot with out armour on the green underarmour and it will kill like mad :angry:

Yes they do not ship outside the US

However some of us have contacts (like me) and can get it shipped here next day delivery CHEEP-ER than crye adverise it for on their website :P

You might be able to find an Eagle SAS holster in MC or KH.

I personally wouldn't buy replica MC because it apparently fades fast. Which is fine if you want an instant veteran-of-many-battles look, but it might look a little off with MC accessories that haven't faded at all and/or are kept relatively clean.

AFMO.com also sells real Crye MC fatigues for between $110-140USD with free shipping. I don't know whether or not they ship them internationally, though.

ICE Battle Belt is awesome, but ICE Tactical is not.

They still haven't quite cleared their reputation and you may well be waiting for months on end without hearing a single word about your order.

Ive seen your picture before and was wondering which belt that was, I too have ordered a Dirty Dagger belt and planning a similar belt kit (I want a light setup where I can choose if I want to run with e vest).

Dont suppose you could give us a list of what pouches are on that belt mate?

I have the Dirty Dagger combat belt with:

HSGI triple m4 mag shingles MC

Blackwater silencer pouch MC

HSGI double flashbang grenade pouch MC

HSGI double 40mm grenade pouch MC

Dirty Dagger single 40mm grenade pouch MC

HSGI double pistol mag pouch MC

Rolly Polly dump pouch MC

Tornado drop leg holster MC

as well as a MC hydration carrier and MC knee pads

Jagdraben, its not just a belt...its teh ultimate web belt. LOL. And also the Dirty Dagger one runs for a fair amount more than teh ICE one

I personally wouldn't buy replica MC because it apparently fades fast. Which is fine if you want an instant veteran-of-many-battles look, but it might look a little off with MC accessories that haven't faded at all and/or are kept relatively clean.

Yeah, I wouldn't get replica either. If I can't get the Crye stuff, I'll probably go with SKD because they use real, licensed Crye multicam fabric.

What type of grenades are you looking to store? Hand or 40mm? Also do not order from ICE. They are extremely slow and the belt quality is not that great. Instead Dirtydagger makes a very nice belt.

I'm looking to store hand grenades. An M203 may be nice, but I'm not sure its in the budget right now... :P

I've been told about this Dirtydagger belt before, but where can I get one? I've looked on Google and Ebay, and I can't find any whatsoever. Any links or hints you could give me? :) I'm also not so happy with ICE's reputation...

ICE Battle Belt is awesome, but ICE Tactical is not.

They still haven't quite cleared their reputation and you may well be waiting for months on end without hearing a single word about your order.

That doesn't sound so good... :(

I have the Dirty Dagger combat belt with:

HSGI triple m4 mag shingles MC

Blackwater silencer pouch MC

HSGI double flashbang grenade pouch MC

HSGI double 40mm grenade pouch MC

Dirty Dagger single 40mm grenade pouch MC

HSGI double pistol mag pouch MC

Rolly Polly dump pouch MC

Tornado drop leg holster MC

Thanks mate, I'll take a look at that silencer pouch and the drop leg holster. Where did you get your Dirty Dagger combat belt? :unsure:

Thanks for the advice everybody! :D

Can I ask a question to all you guys who have real Crye stuff (not just stuff made from their material)

Is it true that there is a size difference between these and normal BDU, Ive been checking on their size charts and they look pretty normal but Ive heard you need to buy slightly different to your normal sizing to make sure of a decent fit.

Thanks for the belt kit list, will come in handy once my Dirty Dagger belt arrives :D

Archived