Deep Fire Gas Grenades

Catman

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[...]say the grenades got stolen and you got insurance money, would you replace them?, or would you spend the money on something else?

LOL. That's a tough one, I'm developing my own "BB-shower" body for them so at this stage I'd buy them again simply because I've invested in them.

However if I was sitting on the fence trying to decide to buy these for the first time.... having read all this... I'd run run run over the hill and far away.

I still think the Mk2 version has something to offer, the M26 is s***e. Even with the wrong collars on the grenade the MK2 shells behave tons better. It's like someone developed a really high performance sports car and then gave it this body shell:

reliant_robin_restored_203x152.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well a suprise arrived in the post today! Redwolf sent me two sets of MK2 collars - I was sure they'd fogotten about me.

I've put them on one grenade and the results are looking good so far! Every time the grenade goes off the panels are flying off nicely. I shall do more tinkering with them tonight :D

yup buy the MK2's! They're tons better than the M26s.

The panels fly off about 1 to 2 feet from the grenade (using propane). As for sending out BBs... meh the panels fly off and the core sits in a puddle of BBs, some BBs fly about but even though I was standing next to it everytime none of them hit me - or if they did I didn't feel/hear it. It looks a lot better going off when packed with flour.

I wouldn't call this a BB grenade, it's more of a "blank firing grenade simulation" and a lot cheaper to run - ideal for sites where they disallow BFGs because they're too loud. I'm going to take them with me to my next game and hopefully put them to use.

Personally I want something that spits out BBs - the search/wait continues.

I purchased a Mk2 about a month ago and haven't had any trouble with mine. The panels blow off nicely...except when I don't let it warm up enough of course. :)

I walked into our flight engineers office and pulled the pin and dropped it in a guys lap.....scared the ###### out of him. I grabbed the pieces and left as he grabbed a hatchet. lol. The rest of the guys were laughing their asses off. :)

• 1 month later...
It seems that some of the poor performance is explained simply by insufficient liquid charge inside the core. Redwolf has a review out with videos and tricks how to improve the performance of the grenade: http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?reviewID=172

-Sale

Sweet, I'm going to have to try these suggestions on mine. I just bought 50 pyros but oh well :P

• 5 weeks later...

Archived