Z tactical ZSordin Headset

muffe66

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone has a U94 PTT please let me know, I heard that those are great and that they have no problems.

Once I get a PTT that allows me to transmit I can write up the full review. ;)

Thanks,

-Luis

Looking forward to it. I'm especially curious about the protection threshold, since that's the main issue I have with the Element cans.

I'm looking forward to getting a pair of the sordin copies.

I was going to put an order through on Monday for them and the TEA PTT, thanks for the headup on the PTT.

I think I'll go for the U94 instead.

I'll put up a review once they've arrived with the U94 if nobody else has by then.

Got a chance to check mine out today actually, they're pretty nice. Amplification is pretty good and same with muffling. It's not the same as some real Sordins, but its good. Build quality seems pretty good as well. I won't get a chance to skirmish with them for awhile however. One thing that might be an issue is if the amplification can get... overloaded and drown out some of the smaller sounds, like getting shot.

• 2 weeks later...

I skirmished with these on Saturday in 105F/40C degree heat, wore them for about 4 hours straight along with a Mich 2000 and no problems. I was sweating balls and they were pretty comfortable, my only small complaint was the cable that runs through the top underside of the headband can make its presence known after a couple hours.

The amplification was great too. The thing with this headset is that it reduces a loud noise's level and it did that quite a few times but I was still able to hear my environment without a problem.

-Luis

I used mine for the first time yesterday with the TEA PPT. Worked quite well. Comfortable, good sound quality. Drained quite a bit of battery from motorola however. I noticed the annoying wire as well. Amplification was sometimes too much however.

As for the GBB test, it dropped the sound quite a bit.

Yes, these do not shut off the sound completely. Instead they lower a loud sound to a very low level and then return to regular amplification, just like the real Sordins.

What Motorola radio did you use? Voltage?

My Motorola Talkabout T5950 that uses 3x 1.5v AA batteries doesn't seem to have enough power to turn on both speakers for comms use. I might just end up just using the left side for incoming comms as if it was a double downlead headset with the left side plugged in only.

-Luis

I had recieved my Sordin yesterday from RSOV, and have the following problems: The Sordin's right earcups amplification is not working correctly. The amplification cuts off way too soon, and the same powered sound won't cut off the left side, and on total random occasions, the right earcup starts to interfere, without any precedence, and with no cause. The second problem is, when I try to transmit with my radio, the left earcup interferes as long as is push the PTT button. This occures when I transmit, and when I recieve. So in this state, the Sordin is next to useless. I hope we can work the problem out with RSOV.

Archived