Firefly Hop rubber clone

Isamu

Yesterday I noticed something weird in one of the small pics in ehobbyasia, one of the buckins from a new company seemed strange so I clicked and this is what I saw:

FALCON-HOP-F43_3_mark.jpg

Not a direct clone from the Firefly, but the idea is the same, something to center the BB in the barrel, though quality wise it is still unknown, but it surely makes a nice option to firefly offering

EDIT:

Forgot the link

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-double-point-hop-up-rubber-for-marui-aeg-55-degree.html

I would guess these are the Falcon double contact hop rubbers? They appeared in Arnies and Airsoft EU news a while back. Could be good, they have produced quite a few inner barrels for GBB pistols, rifles and AEGs along with some threaded outter barrels for WA, KSC and TM based pistols. Got some AEG and Pistol rubbers ordered.

Picked up a pair of the Falcon rubbers. 2 AEG and 2 Pistol. The finish is generally rough, but the contact part of the half H is cleanly finished on both of the aeg rubbers and the gbb ones. installation of a gbb rubber was pretty straight forward in the hicapa with TK Twist barrel. When i get around to it, i will be installing them in a M4 with TK Twist barrel and Ultimate Hop and a CA B&T MP5 with standard barrel.

I will post results when i get a chance to skirmish with them. (Pistol gets an outing at a zombie night begining of April, so that will get reported first)

post-31019-0-13883500-1300722635.jpg

post-31019-0-13883500-1300722635_thumb.jpg

Minor review of Pistol version of the rubber.

Pistol:

KJW Hicapa 5.1

Blaster .25g

TK Twist Barrel

Falcon Hicapa/1911/Glock 17/P226 Double Point Rubber 70 Degree

Guarder Power Gas (320fps .2g BB 8C outdoor Temp)

Ok, not much to say about the actual product other than they have a half H moulding inside the rubber instead of the typical bar. Installation is the same (other than having to use a normal nub for the AEG version) as any other pistol rubber in a hicapa. Overall finish is good, certainly looks better than the AEG ones i got with the half H very cleanly finished.

Test fired at F&O asylum by myself (unfortunately wasn't able to play today) and outdoors with a light breeze, the bbs were starting to fall at the 80m mark (paced off initally, confirmed using Google Earth (see below). Later on, 1stCommando and one of the marshals had a play with it and scored hits on the roof of the Cedar building (roughly 5 o clock on the attached pic) from the steps of the safezone (8 o clock) which is 90m to the nearest bit of roof.

Whilst it is unclear if the barrel or rubber has the greatest effect on the range, it is very clear that the 2 do work well together. There is a noticeable float up at 50-60m which may get dialed out with more work on the settings and when the rubber beds in.

post-31019-0-76518400-1301259140_thumb.jpg

The review for the bucking sounds great! However, I'm still a bit skeptical about the high range reports for it, because AEGs already have a hard time reaching the 60-70 meter hit mark.

Minor review of Pistol version of the rubber.

Pistol:

KJW Hicapa 5.1

Blaster .25g

TK Twist Barrel

Falcon Hicapa/1911/Glock 17/P226 Double Point Rubber 70 Degree

Guarder Power Gas (320fps .2g BB 8C outdoor Temp)

Ok, not much to say about the actual product other than they have a half H moulding inside the rubber instead of the typical bar. Installation is the same (other than having to use a normal nub for the AEG version) as any other pistol rubber in a hicapa. Overall finish is good, certainly looks better than the AEG ones i got with the half H very cleanly finished.

Test fired at F&O asylum by myself (unfortunately wasn't able to play today) and outdoors with a light breeze, the bbs were starting to fall at the 80m mark (paced off initally, confirmed using Google Earth (see below). Later on, 1stCommando and one of the marshals had a play with it and scored hits on the roof of the Cedar building (roughly 5 o clock on the attached pic) from the steps of the safezone (8 o clock) which is 90m to the nearest bit of roof.

Whilst it is unclear if the barrel or rubber has the greatest effect on the range, it is very clear that the 2 do work well together. There is a noticeable float up at 50-60m which may get dialed out with more work on the settings and when the rubber beds in.

The review for the bucking sounds great! However, I'm still a bit skeptical about the high range reports for it, because AEGs already have a hard time reaching the 60-70 meter hit mark.

I take it you didn't bother looking at the pic? Specific landmarks were chosen to aid in the distance calcs. UNtill i can get some game time with it, i can't give any certain feelings on accuracy, but i doubt the effective range will be above 50m. However the BBs will travel past that (but you will be working on pure luck to hit what you were aiming at, but feel free not to take my word for it....

80m max and 50/60m effective with a GBB? have to admit im impressed ohmy.gif how strong is it shooting? 300FPS?330FPS? I personally believe the effective range claims, I have a KJW1911 (CO2 version) and stock at 330FPS effective range is over 30m, not to mention I use 020g

Mate, cant wait until you test them with an AEG wink.gif

EDIT: a bit offtopic here, but does someone knows anything about their "riffled" inner barrels?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-6-03-eight-rifling-precision-inner-barrel-set-for-ak47-ak47s-455mm.html

FALCON-PIB-F49S_0_mark.jpg

Guys you have to realize that TM Hi cappas (not WE garbage) are one of the longest ranging pistols made, that is why everyone was excited by the WE M14 taking the same hop-up. My stock (only external upgrades and a metal barrel outer barrel) TM 5-7 shoots about 180ft (160-170 effective), and it is also known to shoot extremely far. KJW M4s can also get up to 200ft effective and they run on a vaguely similar system to most GBB pistols.

Isamu if your KJW 1911 (I am assuming single stack not para-1911) is only shooting 30m you may want to have a look at it, my KJW G23 (that is similar in mechanics) will hit 160ft often but is usually in the 140-150ft range.

80m max and 50/60m effective with a GBB? have to admit im impressed ohmy.gif how strong is it shooting? 300FPS?330FPS? I personally believe the effective range claims, I have a KJW1911 (CO2 version) and stock at 330FPS effective range is over 30m, not to mention I use 020g

Mate, cant wait until you test them with an AEG

EDIT: a bit offtopic here, but does someone knows anything about their "riffled" inner barrels?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/falcon-6-03-eight-rifling-precision-inner-barrel-set-for-ak47-ak47s-455mm.html

@Frogfish.. The KJW G23 isn't a good pistol to compaire with as the 4 months or so i used it as a woodland primary showed me that the pistol was a total freak. Range, kick and gas efficiency (even in low C conditions) was very good.

Switch to .25g bbs, you won't be sorry. As for FPS, i stated it, gas used and outside temp in the OP. As to KJWs Co2 1911s effective range at 30m on .2g bbs, I would concur with this (assuming stock barrel and rubber) as i had similar experiance with the KJW Hicapa. This improved a bit with heavier BBs though.

Whilst that rifled barrel is interesting, they are not in stock for any AEG i own. (only have a MP5 and M4) When they do I will get one to try out although i am not convinced about rifled barrels vs TK's grooved barrels.

As stated I tested Lordelpus' hicappa yesterday and was quite shocked by the range with the new upgrades. Whilst the map does not actually show the line of sight I was shooting ,I have checked and the distance is bang on.

I'll do some accuracy tests on it this week but to get a pistol reaching 90m was shocking.

I'm certainly looking at upgrading a few of my pistols now

Im planning on getting an AK47, i think i will get one of those barrel/bucking combo to use it as guinnea pig :) but i dont think it will be as good as a TK barrel

Will give a try to use 025gs, but it will wait some time as I only carry pistols when I snipe or if I wake up in a weird mood :lol:

I just ordered one for my KJW m700. With the upgrades I have in it already with the stock nub and king arms bucking, I was getting an effective range of 250-275 feet. Shots were reaching out to 400 feet but were not landing anywhere I wanted them to. I now have a custom made nub in it that makes a simular shape to this nub from FALCON. I just ordered the bucking anyhow and Ill let you guys know how it is working out.

Archived