Clone Crye Airframe Inbound

Scuffer

While were here, and I'm about to be the owner of two, what would be the best option for NVG plates/mounts ? Opscore? Norotos? As it's 3 hole drilled already?

I'm going the Ops Core VAS route, think it's the most fitting. Though if you put the Crye cover on you wouldn't really be able to see which mount you have provided it doesn't interefer with the material opening for NV arms.

Wow, it came out right when they said it would. My hat size is 7 3/4; should I be looking for a thinner pad set?

Yeah, EBairsoft seem to have up'd their game and are far more consistant than they used to be.

On the pad front I don't think we can judge until people have them in hand and can give sizing/pad squishy-ness feedback.

Also, the only annoying thing about these so far is the fact that the Crye MC cover costs the same as the actual replica lid :(

*Edit* - I hope they release the chops/ear pieces for this too.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ebairsoft.com/emerson-style-mich-2000-cover-p-4660.html I'm going to pick up one of these and see if i cant butcher something out of it.

Failing that spray jobs are good. Haven't decided about a mount yet.

Once I've got my hands on mine, if the shell is up to the job think I'll be putting all real kit in/on it as it'll be my primary lid and form of defence against a split head at urban/night games.

To that end, for the sake of £30 odd I'll get a real Crye cover as I think it would be somewhat awkward to chop anything else to look that good. Reading up on the real cover it's something like 9 pieces linked together to fit/work with the lid properly :s

For anybody interested here is the link to the real one + accessories from Crye.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/C-122/Headborne-Systems

And the Military Morons info/review (contains some quality pictures of it).

http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye5.html

11th December, i'm not all that worried as I have no games planned this side of new year. I have never had an issue with Ebb in the past and actually trust them more than most Uk retailers.

JK order was a gamble but people seem to have had good results with them on FAST lids and someone has already said they will buy the 2nd helmet if i decide not to keep it.

Where have you been shopping out of interest?

LOL.

EBAir isn't bad...it just takes forever and their tracking/communications with you can get kinda sketchy at times. The three times I've ordered from them went without a hitch, but I'd still way prefer eHobby and/or WGC to EBAir.

I only ask because the very small selection of UK retailers I do shop with have outstanding reputations for service and reliability. Whereas, like you say, EBB are ok just slow as hell.

Anyway, put my order in for an airframe on the 15th, I do hope they haven't been taking more orders than they actually have products to ship. :unsure:

I've got a bad feeling about this one.

All bar 1 of more than 25 Ebb orders has turned up within 14days or sooner. One had the wrong pouch option with it the right one was in the post within days.

I have used the usual suspects over the years in the UK and had things turn up not working or packed wrongly, been sent l96 springs instead of vsr ones. Had guns break within a few days and been refused warranty because I'd installed MOE grips and 'altered' the weapon.*coughz1cough*

Not to mention a retailer who sells at a number of well attended sites. Who knowingly sells guns that aren't brand new or have been returned and have known defects, to kids (via parents) who states that because they are that they must be skirmishers. Then charged them for repairs to make the gun shoot even remotely right! Well the kid 'Obviously' ploughed it into the dirt and did not use it properly causing a malfunction *grrr*

Not to mention the unit markups of 40%+ Uk retail is not for me

Compared to that slightly dodge communications and the odd lemon item among inventories or hundred upon hundreds of china items, which we all know will be not subjected to the best qc in the world but 99.4% of the time work fine.

I do use Ehobby as well who have served me just fine if a little more expensive.

On the Up side I think I might keep both helmets and fit one with a mount and leave the other plain.

*Wah* :(

Nothing like that for me yet..

"12/11/2011 Pending

12/11/2011 Processing"

Received in the early hours:

"hi, your items will be sent.

we give you tracking number in advance,

a few days later inspection.the tracking is

RB41530**********

thanks

ebairsoft.com

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Sent Out"

According to HK Postal Tracking it was posted on the 19th and is being processed.

Good news atleast, never know may even get here before the New Year!

Archived