LCT "Teaser"

Gunmane

I'd thought 3kg was at the lighter end of the scale tbh.  A typical, metal, short barreled AR AEG weighs around that.  Anything with longer barrels or a bulky quad rails/magnified optics/other electronics will be quite a bit more and that's just the realm of carbines.

You're right plenty of folks prefer plastic guns and that's entirely understandable, but I wouldn't call them the majority by any stretch.

Fair point.  I didn't really consider the weight comparison of a AR SBR.

I personally love my steel MP5 but others that have messed with it complained it was heavy.  I tell those people to hit the gym heh.

Then again, I haven't fielded an SMG that was half the weight of an MP5 so I don't know how that effects point-ability e.t.c. I would have thought if you were going for pure efficiency, a lighter SMG would be preferable. Then again you lose cool points for not running an MP5.

Oh man, MP5s too? We've been waiting so long for a decent MP5 - the VFC AEGs are cast even thought their GBBs are stamped, and they have a pretty naff mechanical 3rd burst instead of a simple MOSFET, too. The ICSs are butt-ugly because they don't have Umarex backing. SRC, of all people, appear to be the current market leaders.

I really hope LCT do these properly. I don't really care about GBBR variants from GHK, I just want decent AEGs.

• 1 month later...

It's airsoft there is no point carrying a primary that is heavier than the real thing. But it is also pointless to carry something less than 80 percent of real steel weight as that would detract for being a replica or the feel of the actual weapon in use.

That's what made me sell my custom g3/ptr91 AEG because no matter how I looked at it it was a 2.8kg replica of a 4.2kg rifle. So I hope they do a better job than CA or G&G can do.

• 6 months later...

https://wgcshop.com/products?search_From=special&item=lct-lc-3a3-s-g3a3-aeg-black&search=special&rs=Coming%20Soon&catid=&cat=&view_choice=b

The G3A3 (in both black and olive drab furniture) is now up for preorder at WGCShop.

I really hope they'll eventually make a FAL or even a MSG90. *starts sweating uncontrollably*

Archived