Marui PMC at WGC shop

M4A1lover

Your link goes to the shop's main web page. Here's the correct link:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...EG-M4PMC_srch_1

Not a fan of the look of this PMC. They could cooked up something much more interesting.

Quoted for the truth.

Honestly, it looks like a JG or some other budget level clone gun.

There's no inspiration there. I dont even know why they're calling this the PMC.

What really tickles me about this one is that TM has on concerns whatsoever about trademark infringement yet they cant even come up with something unobtainium that the rest of the industry isnt producing...yet.

To me it just feels like they're going to go the G&P route and recycle their molds ad nauseam. To me, TM has always been about innovation. This... there's really nothing innovative about this M4. And the thing is, outside of Japan I really can't see this doing that well especially compared to all the other offerings out there.

Personally, I'm disappointed. But ultimately... indifferent.

Yeah, this was an epic fail on TM's part. Why would they release this and expect it to be the new hot thing? the velocity sucks *albatross*, the RAS is ugly, the thing on the end of the barrel is a ###### poor attempt at a Noveske Fire Pig, it's so short it can only be used in CQB, and it's plastic. Granted, I've had my plastic body M4 V2 since Nov '06 and nothings happened to it, but they could at least make it semi appealing with a metal body.

I think the "Limited Edition" thing is a last ditch effort to get someone to maybe buy one. I would have expected more out of TM. They could have done something cool, like rereleased the G3A3 and A4, with some improvements, if that was the case I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

opps for some reson at WGC all i get is the main page link

A

For future reference, it's because WGC's site is built around a frames page layout. So the index page is always at the top, with sub frames showing the products.

They could have done something cool, like rereleased the G3A3 and A4, with some improvements, if that was the case I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Or an AA-12... or a Bizon...

Considering TM has been doing "limited edition" aeg's since they started making aeg's, this is nothing new.

Love it, everyone bashing TM, after one repeat release since the M14, Type 89, AK74m, AKS74U. Wow, what a bunch of copying bastards! All those innovations and then a re-release? How could they! As for the fps, I'm sure once someone buys it, MAGICALLY it will crono in at 285.

Bloody hell, seriously people grow up. Its a m4, is there really anything that they (or anyone) could do to it that would make it uber original?

Considering TM has been doing "limited edition" aeg's since they started making aeg's, this is nothing new.

Love it, everyone bashing TM, after one repeat release since the M14, Type 89, AK74m, AKS74U. Wow, what a bunch of copying bastards! All those innovations and then a re-release? How could they! As for the fps, I'm sure once someone buys it, MAGICALLY it will crono in at 285.

Bloody hell, seriously people grow up. Its a m4, is there really anything that they (or anyone) could do to it that would make it uber original?

Yeah...dont release another m4 lol.

Pretty simple.

TM has always been the pinnacle of innovation. They're the ones that advance gearbox technology or at least revise existing gearbox designs to fit into other shells.

The only other companies out there that have come up with their own mechbox designs are Systema and perhaps TSI if they ever release their tavor.

People expect alot from TM, myself included although i will probably never buy another TM unless they truly come out with something revolutionary.

Frankly, what I find most disagreeable about it is how ugly it is. That and the fact that the AR series is overly saturated in this market. Business sense wise, maybe it's smart, as a lot of the work can be recycled from past ARs. However, it's still disappointing.

Personally I agree with you guys, I think there should be no more M4's hitting the markets.

Even though i do love M4's, i totally agree that there is plenty of selection for anyone that wants any M4 platform.

So dont really see the point in this gun being produced, kinda dissapointed.

I'm no TM snob, but I can understand TM's move to do this considering their market is loyal (merely assumption, you can correct me there). Anyway, TM provides a "stubby" solution to the average Japanese air softer, so It's a good plan on their part since they "dont care" about the market outside their country.

Despite this, It IS a somewhat lackluster release for the international market. Meh, I'm not an AR fan anyway.

Well no one wants a RISed up TM M4, G&P pretty much have them beat on the armalite series, they should try to release a cool new AEG, Ruger mini with folding stock, PLEASE!!! :(

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as37-e.htm

I would imagine it wouldn't be as hard due to the fact that they already have the M14...

I would hope this is a side project that they are expecting to tide people over until something new comes out. Its time for some innovation on their part, hell they invented the aeg gearbox lets see some design upgrades or something.

Like all TM releases it's targetted for the Japanese market where this becomes attractive to the Japanese consumer due to cost. I think we all take it for granted, but the Chinese aftermarket parts for us are relatively inexpensive. Not so in Japan.

TM PMC Street Price in Japan - $237.00

G&P Stubby Killer Street price in Japan - $470.00

Even modding a TM M4 to a "PMC" stubby would be more costly for them. This coupled with the fact TM's AK74MN and AK74u are "PMC" marketed, it's just another variant they hope will catch the PMC craze right now.

But yeah... This M4 PMC and AK74u TM releases are just meh to me.

Archived