• Created
  • Last Reply

And some comparison pics to a Vanaras PEQ-15 in Tan:

dscn1781o.jpgdscn1780.jpg

dscn1783.jpgdscn1782d.jpg

dscn1784.jpgdscn1785.jpg

dscn1786.jpgdscn1787.jpg

dscn1788.jpgdscn1789y.jpg

It's designed with both battery case and functional laser pointer in mind.

Here's what DYTac had to say about their PEQ-15 replica (corrected for grammar to make more sense):

Our version has a FDE (dark tan) main body and black straps and covers. These aesthetics choices were made as they are the same details and colorations as featured on the real PEQ-15 we had in hand.

Regarding the externals, our version is the “high power” version just as used by some USMC, (some people have commented that that PEQ-15 is an old version, while others have said that is the "issue" version ... but that cant be confirmed). There are some externals differences from both the VFC and Vanaras PEQ-15s as those are the regular (more common) version (some people have said that is the newest version and yet others have said that is the civilian version ... but can't be confirmed either).

There's more, but I've been asked to keep it to myself for now. I should receive my sample this week. It's clearly not a recast of the Vanaras or VFC version as there are surface details and shapes that significantly differ from previous replicas. Also, some details/parts that are separate pieces on the real PEQ-15, and are cast into the VFC and Vanaras version, are separate pieces in the new DYTac version. Personally, I'm not crazy about the two tone color of the DYTac unit as I prefer the all Tan look that I've gotten used to seeing. I've asked DYTac to consider making an all Tan/FDE version as I believe that's what most buyers would be more interested in. Fingers crossed that that'll happen.

Very very nice Corps..I gotta say especially with the fact that it has a laser installation in mind concept, and with the holes already there, I'm sure someone with the ability would be able to mod it for such a purpose. Perhaps not with all 3 but mainly one IR function on it.

Hopefully soon G&P jump on the wagon and get things started with a more functional peq-15 rather than just a battery box. Although I have to say if I was to definately go for a peq-15 look..I'd have to honestly say now that this one would be it, or the VFC, but after reading a few posts in that section, its debatable.

That's not true, Pro Arms has a laser installed...see http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=163162

Anyhow, just picked up my sample and here are some initial pics of the Dytac one in comparison to the King Arms version. In terms of design, very different and closer to the RS one that medic23 has put up (except for the colour combo) :-

0011.jpg

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

I can't write a review yet as I've just got it for the past 30 mins and I promised my team members that I'd do a joint review with them. But I can answer some of the questions above :-

tomo: there are 3 hex screws in the front to open up the Dytac PEQ15

Roecar: doesn't come with laser at the moment. Dunno about future.

A little info, the selector does turn like the VFC one but the fire button is solid (unlike the King Arms one which is "rubbery"). The screw at the back which actually unscrews as shown by uscmCorps is actually metal.

Unfortunately I don't think the King Arms 11.1V will fit in the Dytac PEQ.

tomo: there are 3 hex screws in the front to open up the Dytac PEQ15

thanks for the info mate. Is there any chance you can take a photo of the inside? I've managed to fit a 7.4v 2000mah battery into the Vaneras model (with some dremmeling!) so I'm hoping I can do the same with the Dytec one.

Still awaiting for G&P to surprise us with a more 1:1 scale replica of this thing. Medic, nice photos you got there, very detailed, especially with the color and the way its all done.

@tomo, as appealing as the ebaybanned one looks, I wonder how in spec it might be with the RS version. Decisions decisions damn't!

Edit: @ Medic...issued Peq-15 to you?...or pics you found? I just had to ask brotha. =D

Keep in mind that there are multiple versions of the ATPIAL out. The thing has been used on rifles for a few years and has gone through modifications. DYTac's model is based on a real one that they claim they have in hand. You really can't knock them on the color choice as they are making the most realistic choice possible, replicate their working model.

I just hope someone makes on of these with IR/Visible laser and a Cree bulb w/ IR filter... :wink: :wink: :hint: :hint:

no prob for the pics guys happy to contribute ive seen alot of interesting things (no camera on me at the time :( ) but im sure no one would take my word for it in certian discussion threads so i'll stick to just posting pics :D

Archived