King Arms S&W M&P15 MOE

chownsy

It's a new airsoft gun. It's a smith and wesson AR-15, which i've never seen at a game. It's new, it's interesting to fans of AR-15s, and i think it looks pretty awesome for something coated in magpul.

If you don't like AR-15's, don't read AR-15 threads :)

It's a new airsoft gun collection of old parts released as a package. It's a smith and wesson AR-15 M4 with S&W trademarks on it, which i've never seen at a game. It's new unimaginative, it's interesting to fans of AR-15s people who ABSOLUTELY MUST have S&W trades on an otherwise unoriginal AR-15 derivation, and i think it looks pretty awesome for something coated in magpul.

I was hoping that KA would come out with something new - They gave us the Sig 556 and the GALIL, where has the creativity gone?

Thing is, they could have released a version of the M&P tactical carbine that was at least a tiny, tiny bit unique (one-piece RIS, etc.). But instead, they just drew some trades on there and slapped the same MOE handguards that every Magpul addict uses (not a dig at Magpul addicts, it's just true). Oh well, I can't *badgeress* all that much, I wasn't planning on buying any new releases for a while anyway.

I was hoping that KA would come out with something new - They gave us the Sig 556 and the GALIL, where has the creativity gone?

It's because of the economy. A lot of Airsoft companies right now are churning out stuff with various parts cobbled together at relatively low prices because it doesn't cost anything R&D-wise and doesn't cost much to manufacture them. They then take the easy money, and roll it back into the company to either float it during the poor economy or fund R&D heavy projects. I'm surprised we haven't seen more of this type of behavior.

The gun looks okay. Nothing special. I'd rather buy VFC's MOE AR though, especially after my experiences with KA's M7A1.

In the same vein as the above, admittedly I'm not King Arm's (or any airsoft manufacturer's) accountant, but if we want to see them making entirely new stuff then I'm pretty sure it should be expected to see those same companies pumping out things that aren't original but will at least sell. If you're not interested in those products, then ignore them, there's really no point in complaining about it, quite the opposite really; let them churn out more M4s and then reap the benefits when they use those profits to make a Bizon or a decent Browning HP GBB or whatever. To do anything else seems quite counter-productive to me.

It's a new airsoft gun collection of old parts released as a package Pre-built customised weapon made with available parts. It's a smith and wesson AR-15 M4 with S&W trademarks on it Good way of saving money on buying lots of parts and wasting half of a donor gun, which i've never seen at a game. It's new unimaginative In terms of entirely new guns, but it's quite snazzy for an M4, it's interesting to fans of AR-15s people who ABSOLUTELY MUST have S&W trades on an otherwise unoriginal AR-15 derivation Me, and i'm a fan of AR15's. and i think it looks pretty awesome for something coated in magpul.

Fair points entirely, if you're not a fan of M4's - Yes, there are millions of them. There are also shedloads of AK derivatives, especially recently. There's also a pretty large amount of Mp5's, but like everyone's said; it's a recession, the world is poor, M4's are easily made and are going to sell. To somebody who's a fan of S&W and Armalites, this is going to save them money on assembling the same rifle from a bunch of parts, and it's going to sell. Like you said yourself, KA have come out with a lot of original weapons (556/Fal/Galil) - Why complain if they vary something they're good at to bring in some money for R&D?

All i'm saying is there's no real need to claim it isn't news, because to someone like me, it is. I don't think much of AK47's, and if someone releases one with a slightly different RAS and a stock that folds the other way, i'm not going to buy one, but i'm not going to complain either. Each to their own and all that. I'm not at all denying it isn't the most original, innovative idea going at all, but plenty of people are likely to think it's as aesthetically pleasing as i do.

Ive heard the exact opposite, for the most part the comments Ive read have been positive.....

Not colt level, but good non the less.

I have heard the same as you, seemed nice to everyone i have talked to. not to many, but a few people. On a side note, were is the KA MBK .

Pre-built customised weapon made with available parts.

It's not customised if it came out of the factory assembled thus.

Good way of saving money on buying lots of parts and wasting half of a donor gun.

True, I suspect (or at least hope) that it'd be cheaper than getting a plain jane M4 and slapping a MOE grip, CTR stock, MAID grip and MBUS rear sight on it. But then again, that's not a hell of a lot of extras.

It's quite snazzy for an M4

Glad you think so, I don't.

I'm a fan of AR15's.

And I'm not.

Fair points entirely, if you're not a fan of M4's - Yes, there are millions of them. There are also shedloads of AK derivatives, especially recently. There's also a pretty large amount of Mp5's, but like everyone's said; it's a recession, the world is poor, M4's are easily made and are going to sell. To somebody who's a fan of S&W and Armalites, this is going to save them money on assembling the same rifle from a bunch of parts, and it's going to sell. Like you said yourself, KA have come out with a lot of original weapons (556/Fal/Galil) - Why complain if they vary something they're good at to bring in some money for R&D?

All i'm saying is there's no real need to claim it isn't news, because to someone like me, it is. I don't think much of AK47's, and if someone releases one with a slightly different RAS and a stock that folds the other way, i'm not going to buy one, but i'm not going to complain either. Each to their own and all that. I'm not at all denying it isn't the most original, innovative idea going at all, but plenty of people are likely to think it's as aesthetically pleasing as i do.

I never said that this wasn't news - I just despaired at the fact that it was yet another AR-15 derivation.

I never said that this wasn't news - I just despaired at the fact that it was yet another AR-15 derivation.

Guess it'll be a case of agree to disagree then, heh. I'll gladly admit there's far too many AR15's, but i love the things... I'd still say it's good news because people like me will buy the things, and KA can spend the money making something new (like a bizon).

baaaaah. :havoc:

I would like to highlight at this point, that although I did mention the PP-19 purely because it would be something new and unique, I'm not exactly seriously expecting King Arms to suddenly go 'Ta-da! Russian helical magazine SMG goodness!' and hopes should not be raised as such.

Any references within the post to persons either living or dead are purely coincidence

and all materials contained within are the author's opinion only.

this ar-15 variant is cool. smith & wesson reciever with magpul parts KA have made a very nice piece of kit, due to people thinking the creativity lacks a little i think you are wrong. i think magpul lovers will like this airsoft rifle i know i will because im getting one ^_^

Archived