Mag P90 170 round mids are finally out!

The General

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/mag-170rd-mid-c...0-aeg-4pcs.html

I had the scoop on this months ago and mentioned it in another arnies P90 thread!

Now they are out and my P90 hicap nightmare is over!

Buying 8 mag mids for sure.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wayne

OK, just cost me £97 for 8 midcaps.

But hopefully I can use my 2 P90's without getting annoyed now!

Just to add, thats £97 inc express post!

I would say TM all the way until I either get a CA proline, see/hold a proline, or see a couple reviews on the proline, preferably with a comparison to other P90s. Also, I say TM all the way because good condition used ones can be gotten for cheaper than those of other brands.

First impressions...

Where they are screwed together (4 screws, where the winder wheel would normally be) there are noticable cracks in the plastic. This might prove the plastic is weak. Not a good start!

The mags are incredibly hard to fill to anything even remotely approaching the advertised 170 capacity!!!! I can get them to about 80 bb's (yes I counted them) before it feels like my TM speedloader will break!

I am going to lube them now with Ballistol, them fill them with as many BB's as I can manage and leave over night to break the spring in a bit!

I think I read somewhere that this kind of fairly highish capacity midcap, requires breaking in.

Might have been on airsoftworlds site about the Silverback mags.

I did get one to just shy of 150 bb's with a bit of effort, I found if you fairly rythmically "slap" the plunger with your hand, it seems to fill easier. Using your thumb does not work very well once you hit about 80 bb's

I gave my P90 a full auto blast with the almost full mag and it was BLISS! G&P M120, AB Mosfet,Deans and a 7.4v 2200 mah 25c Lipo with a PDI 140% spring and I was grinning!

So, other than some initial niggles, I give them a cautious thumbs up!

Build quality and over all feel and appearance, other than the mentioned cracks (5 out of 8) seems good.

If anyone has any comments and or questions, please let me know.

wayne

Little bit of a tip but don't bother using speedloaders, they are truely useless imho for anything, especially bedding mags in.

Get yourself a loading tube if you've got one, fill it up and push the bbs into the mag then draw the bar back and let the bbs fill up the tube from the mag and then push it back down again and just keep repeating until they feed well. Its a much much faster method and won't leave your thumb aching :)

Interesting, General! Strange with the cracked plastic, perhaps the screws were just over tightened?

A bit annoying with the stiff springs, but I guess it's better than too weak springs.

Rob15, nice tip with the loading tube for bedding in midcaps.

Mags are breaking in slowly but nicely!

I have 3 mags I can get to 170 ish now with no real problems.

Tried the loading tube and its no good. Because the bb's are forced down and then sideways, rather than, just down in a normal mag, the forces are greater. I literally cannot get the bb's in the mag using a loading tube.

I would certaily caution that breaking these mags in is proving very hard on my speedloader. Is still working but I am going to order another in case it gives up the ghost in a game as trust me, without a good speedloader, you will not be able to fill these mags.

During breaking in I noticed that upon pressing the release catch to empty the mag, they would often jam. A light tap, followed by filling a couple of bb's would clear this.

The three mags I have been breaking in the most no longer do this and the others are doing this less often now.

All in all, these look like the answer I was hoping for, breaking in is very much needed, as is a good speedloader, 2 I would argue not just 1 (get the TM one) and they do need a fair bit of force to load, but I have found a little nack to doing this.

Angle the speedloader nozzel slightly towards where the bb's are going to go, i.e. 5 degree's or so away from the bb holding "latch" in the mag. Hold your hand about a foot over the speedloader plunger and drop it on the plunger. Dont use too much weight or pressure, just kind of drop your hand sharply. If you get a fail to plunge... and it does happen a lot during breaking in. Wait a couple of seconds and carry on. It always works for me.

When filling, glance to the side of the mag where the bb's double stack. When the BB's are fully over to the right, you are nearly full so slow down at this point as you could break your speedloader if you go past max capacity. Its all pretty much basic stuff but with a bit of care these seem great!

Don't think you can use these out of the box unused in a game! You can't! You HAVE to break them in.

So far about 10 fills and empties with a good lube of Ballistol seems to be the trick. I found leaving the mags overnight (6 hours) fully filled also helped a lot)

My cautious thumbs up is now rather more positive.

Next test will be in game! :D

P90 has returned! Its again usable without silly hicaps, even more silly locaps ( last game I was at, some poor bugger was trying to skirmish a brand new KS P90 and only had a single low cap!!!! :rolleyes: , that was pretty funny for us, but not for him) and the butt ugly boxmag that will not allow you to casually sling the gun out of the way without spillage issues! ;)

Archived