Creation TM Five-seveN "Inside Slide"

RacingManiac

I'd order one, but I think shipping would cost almost as much as the slide... we'll see how I handle the temptation, although I'm not entirely sure the TM needs it I'm pretty sure the one in there is of decent enough metal, I'm too lazy to pull it out after a 19 hour drive..

1, Is the point just to reinforce the slide?

2, They should make a metal outer barrel first XD.

1, I suppose it is.

2, As venom points out there are plenty of them on the market. Including the original.

More importantly, why oh why have they made it at all?

How can they justify this? I agree that the 'week spot', is potentially on the front of the original plastic one, just below the muzzle, but Marui have taken care of this with a very clever 'suspension' system. I doubt the original will ever snap out.

This is an utterly pointless item. Shame on you 'Creation'. Go back to the drawing board & make us something useful. :rolleyes:

Greg.

Wild stab but wouldn't this improve recoil if it adds weight to the slide?

Most likely this.

Since 134a is all that appears to be commonly available in Japan it would seem logical that a manufacturer might make something that could increase the kick on a GBB, although it would really depend on how well 134a would cope with moving additional weight in a slide.

I think stealth was using a bit of his well known & patented sarcasm. ;)

The additional weight would just slow the action down further. :rolleyes:

Nope.

A heavier item travelling slower will yeild a greater percieved kick than a lighter one travelling faster.

If the gun cycles quickly but with little force (like a hicapa does) then it might give improved feel to add weight, slow things down a little, but offer greater perceived recoil, especially with 134a.

Nope.

A heavier item travelling slower will yeild a greater percieved kick than a slower one travelling faster.

If the gun cycles quickly but with little force (like a hicapa does) then it might give improved feel to add weight, slow things down a little, but offer greater perceived recoil, especially with 134a.

Interesting point of view.

One thing's for sure, all things being equal, the additional weight will slow it down.

Either way, the 5-7 really don't need no more 'blow back', on green. ;)

Greg.

Either way, the 5-7 really don't need no more 'blow back', on green. ;)

You're still missing the point that 134a is what is commonly available in Japan unlike here where green gas is what is commonly available and as a result could be a worthwhile product for Creation to do if they export them to there.

Probably not as 'utterly pointless' as you suggest :rolleyes:

You're still missing the point that 134a is what is commonly available in Japan unlike here where green gas is what is commonly available and as a result could be a worthwhile product for Creation to do if they export them to there.

Probably not as 'utterly pointless' as you suggest :rolleyes:

Yeah, I spose you are right, I am seeing it from my point of view.

However, if the object is just to add weight, surely their is a better/cheaper way than an ally replacement for this particular part?

Small sticky backed lead strips on the inside of the slide? Oh no, lead is probably a bad idea, not rhos complaint. But you get the idea. Molding putty, into the relevant areas would cost next to nothing & achieve a similar weight increase.

So, I'm afraid, my initial thoughts still stand, this is useless rubbish, absolutely pointless. :P

Greg.

My bet is that the Creation one is actually lighter than the original... the inner slide on the 5.7 is japanese pot metal (alu-ish heavy metal that cracks on impact, like the new sopmod m4 metal bodies). A good aluminium inner slide, CNC, same size, same function should be definitely lighter.

Can´t comment on useability, but it would sure make a crisper "clack" while firing. A bit like a *suitcasey* metal slide ( not saying the original one is) vs an alu or steel slide. It´s also very cheap, so I´m getting one just for trying.

My bet is that the Creation one is actually lighter than the original... the inner slide on the 5.7 is japanese pot metal (alu-ish heavy metal that cracks on impact, like the new sopmod m4 metal bodies). A good aluminium inner slide, CNC, same size, same function should be definitely lighter.

Can´t comment on useability, but it would sure make a crisper "clack" while firing. A bit like a *suitcasey* metal slide ( not saying the original one is) vs an alu or steel slide. It´s also very cheap, so I´m getting one just for trying.

I think you misunderstand.

Take a closer look at the picture on the link in post #1.

This part replaces the front half of the inner slide, which on the original, is plastic. Not metal. ;)

Greg.

Is the point just to reinforce the slide?

They should make a metal outer barrel first XD.

Well, it does come with a metal outer barrel.

This part replaces the front half of the inner slide, which on the original, is plastic. Not metal. ;)

Greg.

I think it replaces the rear section of the inner slide, or better say the complete inner slide.

Guess it's supposed to be a money maker.

I don't have a Five-seveN (yet), but I assume this has something to do with reinforcement of the front part where the recoil spring sits? The front part is also what takes the abuse as the slide slams rearwards right? So this should make the gun more durable when using green gas. The only reason why I haven't bought a Five-seveN is because safe green gas use is not guaranteed especially with tropical weather.

Greg.

Oops, yes it does...

I took apart my 5.7 and the inner slide is half the metal I described ( the rear half), half plastic (the barrel half)...

Then I´m joining in the "what a stupid replacement part" bandwagon ;)

Archived