creating a website for trade used airsoft equipment

chemari

Hi, I have just created a site for buying and selling second-hand airsoft equipment, mainly to take the messages organized and able to easily find what you're looking for a couple of clicks. The site is free, the only requirement is to be signed to publish an ad.

I hope you find this useful, take a look at http://airsoftbazar.com

Note to the admins: according to the forum rules I have asked permission from the administrator to post this message

I knew this in the spanish version. It is, as said, same than arniesforum but in spain liked to find some old school items (along with some overpriced chinese AEGs) and I have got to sell my old APS2 and find "uzi" adaptor with 3 mags for m4 at a fairly 40€, only bad point is postage if not in the same country as the seller.

Not talking representing the web, but as far as I used you send a mail (redirected by the web) to the seller asking for info, more photos or the like.

it is as said like the arnies clasified section but made by some spanish one who (as arnies clasified) gets nothing but personal credit for his job, and also does not apport guarranties, instructions to pass your famos VCRL... it is just two individuals contacting in an internet group (as bad as it can sound) :P

I agree with the pugster in that it would be nice for a dedicated site to buy and sell, but they don't catch on, as AirsoftAuction hasn't. Whether due to fees or because they simply flood with cheap copies.

Multiple forums offer enough variety, although they are not designed with sales in mind.

I find searching on forums for words under three letters (such as brand names or common airsoft abbreviations) a pain in the rear, so most searching is manually, which IS the downside.

What you've created is exactly what we have on the numerous forums already only with less functionality and familiarity!

Numerous forums means more work to find something.

There is definitely room for something innovative and new for the world of second hand airsoft but this isn't it!

Im continuosly improving the site. Suggestions are really appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Nothing forums don't already do with the back up of a reliable community to aid if something goes wrong.

I find searching on forums for words under three letters (such as brand names or common airsoft abbreviations) a pain in the rear, so most searching is manually, which IS the downside.

Read the search instructions, add wildcards, serch for say an M9.......... criteria for search = M9** search criteria for AUG = AUG*, simples :D

An airsoft auction website would be great, but if you can't offer similar protection as a forum community or get a large following early on.... the idea won't work.

Hardest bit is advertising. You will have to advertise on every major and local forum to achieve good results.

The admin at ASF tried something similar, but after several years, it hasn't caught on (and never will).

Archived