6 Mil shop raided :o

GuzziHero

Good call SB ...

There is a bit of political capital to be made here if we can show that as airsofters we're a responsible bunch. Call it making a little good out of some bad stuff. I think that 6mil have handled this superbly so far and deserve our support.

I'm still wondering about the motivation for this theft and I think perhaps that this might be a completely random theft. Idiots that see some value and have no idea how difficult these things will be to sell on for any realistic value.

Same river grave that you suggest but different motivation perhaps.

Cheers,

D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt "random" is the right word. Guns are cool. Somebody will have seen the shop and thought it looked a laugh.

I bet the culprit, or one of them, has been in the shop looking around in the last few days. Probably told his mates or his big bruvva and this is the result.

I doubt "random" is the right word. Guns are cool. Somebody will have seen the shop and thought it looked a laugh.

I bet the culprit, or one of them, has been in the shop looking around in the last few days. Probably told his mates or his big bruvva and this is the result.

Thing is, there's an awful lot of security to get through for such an ad hoc approach and I would imagine there's a bunch of CCTV going on in the shop (not looked for it ... just assuming). You have to buzz to get in and IIRC there are shutters for the shop front which I assume (again) would have been in place at the time of the theft.

There are also a lot of pistols on show (in locked glass cases) which appear not to have been touched.

So much effort and risk ... it does suggest 'non airsoft' and I think they've stolen stuff they don't understand.

Now, if it was cheap clones ... :)

D

What a really horrible situation to be in. I guess we'll have to stay vigilant as a community and look out for 'too good to be true' forum sales, safe-zone 'car-boot offers' and the like.

Sounds like some really choice pieces were half-inched.

Let's hope it doesn't end in tears. Guns going missing and the potential for people getting shot is one scenario I hope doesn't happen because of this and similar incidences...

Its ironic really, that this is probably the first recorded instance of decent airsoft replicas involved in crime.... :(

I would imagine that this is a fairly serious job, due to the number of replicas taken. 25? I mean whats that take? Several holdalls? A van perhaps? I can't imagine its just kids taking them for jollies.

Anyway, i'm very sorry to hear this about 6mil. Bloody good shop and top notch service. I hope they get the AEGs back and that the criminals involved get serious time.

I'm highly tempted to gear up with my glock 18 in a concealed holster and unleash some full-auto pain on the gits that tooke these replicas. <_<

Shame it's illegal and may get me killed. If it weren't for those two *minor* points, I'd be gassing my mags up right now :D

I'm highly tempted to gear up with my glock 18 in a concealed holster and unleash some full-auto pain on the gits that tooke these replicas. <_<

Shame it's illegal and may get me killed. If it weren't for those two *minor* points, I'd be gassing my mags up right now :D

you're also forgetting that

a: you have no clue whatsoever who or where these people are

b: These people smashed through the shop security. what to make you think a G18 will protect you?

Well, I friend of mine does medieval re-enactment - do you reckon a broadsword, roundsheild and chain mail would give me a fighting chance? ;)

But, anyways. I'll keep a look out for these surfacing around leicester - I'll alert the guys at grange farm,. if they don't know already, and amy even go so far as to put flyers up around the university, in case any students happen to get offered them!

Archived