Star PSS-300 at Redwolf

Chris North

Apologies if this is old or not important.

The Star PSS-300 is available at Redwolf if anyone is interested. Link here.

Review on it here.

And, more interestingly, the HFC "LuxAir" is in stock, although it's been out for a while at another retailer. Nice though, but I still want a PPK/s.

The HFCs have been out for a while now, at Airsoft Global and WGC Shop IIRC, but I've only ever ordered from Redwolf. They supposedly perform the same as the regular M190, but they also have an extremely stiff safety. They also differ quite a bit from a real 90two, but it's something new.

A bb target pistol...hahaha... airsoft guns just can't get anywhere accurate enough to be used like this...........

Lithium Jack:

If you are just looking for a plinking gun you could look at the Rohm Twinmaster pistols, multi-shot pellet target pistols in CO2 or air.. or even those FWB air pistols and steyr... now these are proper match air-pistols..

The PSS-300s were out for a while as well, enough for me to buy one and sell it.

Ehhhhhh....RW's PSS-300 is waaaay over priced.

Where did you get yours from, and how much did it cost? I haven't heard anything about the PSS besides your review, so I was under the impression it wasn't out yet, but after re-reading the review, I suppose I misunderstood.

A bb target pistol...hahaha... airsoft guns just can't get anywhere accurate enough to be used like this...........

2.5cm at 15 meters seems accurate, especially after you consider the human error factor. But I can't see any practical use for this thing. Airsoft IPPSC stuff requires more than one shot, as does skirmishing. I don't know of many people that do any target shooting for airsoft, but then again I don't know that much.

Where did you get yours from, and how much did it cost?  I haven't heard anything about the PSS besides your review, so I was under the impression it wasn't out yet, but after re-reading the review, I suppose I misunderstood.

2.5cm at 15 meters seems accurate, especially after you consider the human error factor.  But I can't see any practical use for this thing.  Airsoft IPPSC stuff requires more than one shot, as does skirmishing.  I don't know of many people that do any target shooting for airsoft, but then again I don't know that much.

well as i said it's a target pistol... this kind of design are used for olympics style shooting, i.e. shooting a target at 10m. Unlike IPSC, human error in this kind of shooting can be really small if you are good at it, sub 0.25 inch groups are possible...this makes 2.5cm way too much.... kinda like .22 rifle, you can't really say one is accurate unless it's having something like a .25 inch group at 100m tested indoor.... like you said, this is a totally impractical gun, can't be used in the field etc... as it's designed for target shooting which it isn't accurate enough to do....So it comes bk to my original msg... get a air pistol for target and a GBB for airsoft/IPSC.... but not this...

This does raise a question though. Why are there so many single shot/target airsoft pistols out there? I remember the Digicon target, the Maruzen APS3, and there's another I believe, but what's the point of making more of these things? Who's buying them?

Fumiyasu is right here. 2.5 cm at 15 m is too inaccurate for a target pistol. Heck, my (real) IPSC pistol does 2.5 cm at 25 meters and it's a tilting barrel semiautomatic!

-Sale

I wish i could get pistols in the UK... sigh.... stupid pistol ban.... <_<

This is kinda off topic... but, is/are ur pistol(s) in HK? If so, I was wondering if you know about the gun laws in HK because it puzzled me for quite a while... I've seen on a Govt publication in HK about this Guy (civilian, some engineer) is really good at IPSC and in the article he owns an AR-15 carbine variant... Are these thing allowed for civilian procession in HK??

This does raise a question though.  Why are there so many single shot/target airsoft pistols out there?  I remember the Digicon target, the Maruzen APS3, and there's another I believe, but what's the point of making more of these things?  Who's buying them?

Yea.. tht too, puzzled me.... I was thinking maybe the gun laws in Japan are so strict to the extent that not even air pistols (i.e. pistols with muzzle energy between 1 J and 12 ft/lb in UK definition) are allowed... so the best you can get are airsoft guns?... just a guess... i know nothing abt JP gun laws...

Well, I'm no legal beagle but I do know that our University shooting teams need special city, prefectural and national liscences for both air and small cart. arms (firearm law here being very strict indeed).

As for the single-shot AS guns, they do sell well enough to people who like to shoot target wise here. Our own AS club has a target shooting section and (no matter what you, I or Rhubarb the Dog thinks about it) the chaps seem to enjoy it as much as the rest of us enjoy running around the woods.

Indeed the gun in question here seems to be rapidly overtaking the venerable Digicon as the pistol of choice. It certainly is pretty in a functional sort of way, and feels right in the hand.

Archived